Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Under 21 manager - Nathan Jones (ed. Moved to Brighton)

edited July 2013 in General Charlton
Anyone know anything about this chap?
He's come from Yeovil and turned down the chance to continue playing to come to us, apparently.

link

Comments

• Options
    A lot of Yeovil fans on twitter like him and hope him all the best, no clue other than that.
  • Options
    Good that we're properly sorting out a development side!
  • Options
    Signs that work is still going on working on the foundations for the future. Good news.
  • Options
    How do you think this will work? Enter the reserve league and only play U21s with this fella in charge?
  • Options
    How do you think this will work? Enter the reserve league and only play U21s with this fella in charge?
    I'm guessing with a staff member specifically dedicated to the development side we can organise more fixtures, who knows, we might even put together an unofficial league?
  • Options
    Hubby has just read this to me & I must say I am happy.
    It's all about the kids xx
  • Options
    Can only be a good thing for our youngsters?
  • Options
    Hes been gone too long
  • Options
    Is this the same Nathan Jones that used to play for Southend? That would explain a connection with CP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry but I won't believe it until it is on the official site ;-)

In all seriousness seems like a good move especially as he says we want players we can develop to actually play or us and he wants to make sure they are Todd professionals both on and off the pitch.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Hes been gone too long
    Beat me to it : - )

There was mention of a possible U21 league at the VIP Q + A back in March.

From the report of that meeting

"When asked about entering a Reserve League, It seems it is only the Premier League who have a full Reserve League now. Kavanagh indicated that there might be Under 21 league formed and that this would have a facility for three overage players ."

• Options
    When he was at Brighton, he was known for his tricks and being a proper character, was always doing stuff to get mentioned on Soccer AM etc.
  • Options
    Is this the same Nathan Jones that used to play for Southend? That would explain a connection with CP.
    I think Jones was signed as Powell's replacement after CP had been sold to Derby.

Jones says he knows CP well though.

• Options
    Maybe Nathan knows Ben Roberts from Yeovil, too?
  • Options
    says that in the linked article above. Please keep up Oggy ;-))

• Options
    Best mates in fact!
  • Options
    A very good but very underwhelming first signing.
  • Options
    How tall is he ?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Pah! Women! Always fault finding.

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Proves we are not going to sign new palyers and rely on youth

;-)
  • Options
    Has it been confirmed yet on the OS?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    says that in the linked article above. Please keep up Oggy ;-))

Never noticed until checking back just now, the word link in faint red.

Missed it completely.

• Options
    Nope
  • Options
    Not going to believe this until I see it on football rumours
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Proves we are not going to sign new palyers and rely on youth
    ;-)
    It will take several years for this new youth set up to 'possibly' come up with some players good enough to make the first team.......it's always a gamble.
    So what are we supposed to do in the meantime?
    Do you honestly think CP is going to sit around twiddling his thumbs in the hope of some youth players making the grade......too ridiculous for words or were you being ironic Kap.......I don't have the benefit of the smiley feature, so maybe you are?
  • Options
    with one eye on the worrying PV thread why has this yet to be confirmed by the Club, Cawley, twitter etc ?
  • Options
    I'm hoping they're just waiting for him to come back on Monday to get a pic etc but the silence from the club on all fronts stinks at the moment.
  • Options
    I like the line "The importance of being at Charlton Athletic"
  • Options
    with one eye on the worrying PV thread why has this yet to be confirmed by the Club, Cawley, twitter etc ?
    He has the job. Look at his twitter: http://twitter.com/cocowasp

His header reads "Professional development coach at Charlton Athletic" and he just wrote "doubt it mate tho I'm buzzing with new job "

Everyone needs to calm down a bit. the very fact that we're creating positions like this, have Paul Hart and have recently expanded the media team should tell you all you need to know.