Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Under 21 manager - Nathan Jones (ed. Moved to Brighton)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Isn't this Nathan Jones job the club are advertising?

cafc.co.uk/news/article/job-20130717-academy-senior-professional-development-coach-u18-u21-925342.aspx?

Where is Nathan off to?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Looking at my previous post in this thread - How much things can change in a year :(

• Options
    Will be a terrible shame if we lose Nathan. Was my tip for next manager if ever SCP went.
  • Options
    Didn't he just do his coaching badge with us?
    I note Damien Matthew didn't....

Maybe it's an internal promotion
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Unfortunately it is his position, I think it is a great shame and a massive loss for the academy as he was a brilliant coach and mentor for the U18's - U21's.
    However, such is his ability it was always going to be a matter of 'when, not if' he takes a higher role and I would like to wish him the very best of luck in his new job.
    I just hope the new incumbent can deliver the same 'unique' approach to the training, coaching and mentoring of this squad by coaching from the front. Nathan coached from the front by example and balanced it with good mentoring skills.

Good luck Nathan
  • Options
    Is it really his job? I didn't realise his job was age-group specific. Perhaps he's getting an assistant to look after a part of it.
  • Options
    Where's Nathan going to ?
  • Options
    The words Nathan and Job in the same thread..........................seems wrong.

I think some people are reading too much into this. As far as I know, NJ hasn't left the club, so I won't assume as much until I hear differently............
  • Options
    Stig said:

Is it really his job? I didn't realise his job was age-group specific. Perhaps he's getting an assistant to look after a part of it.

Yes it is, see here http://www.cafc.co.uk/team/Coaching_staff_profiles
  • Options
    Could be that he is moving up to the first team coaching staff seeing as he impressed last year with the U21's. A familiar face for the young players that will have to step up and cover the gaps in the squad!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would trust what madadd says, and that looks clearly like he is moving on sadly
  • Options
    Did he have a different opinion to the board so got tinned like the rest of em ?

*sarcasm/joke* to the everything is wonderful at Charlton crew
  • Options
    A real shame if he is leaving. Had the pleasure of meeting him and wish him good luck in the future. A rising star it would have been better to keep.

What is, unfortunatley, not a surprise is that again the Club hasn't bothered to put the news of his departure on the OS. Just a job advert.
  • Options
    Only been a year - quite surprised that he's being moved/moving on.
  • Options
    Oooh aah...shame on you ha ha :)

Thanks AFKA
    'in my opinion' a big loss to the academy, as I don't think you find coaches like NJ too often. Wish him well though, top top guy
  • Options
    so where's he off to then?
  • Options
    Automatic ban for anyone that posts 'you been gone too long' within the next few months....
  • Options
    Off to Brighton. shame.
  • Options
    Yes, a shame.

What's his role at Brighton?
  • Options
    edited July 2013

A real shame if he is leaving. Had the pleasure of meeting him and wish him good luck in the future. A rising star it would have been better to keep.

What is, unfortunatley, not a surprise is that again the Club hasn't bothered to put the news of his departure on the OS. Just a job advert.

I'm sure there will be something about it on the site today Henry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes, a shame.

What's his role at Brighton?

I've not heard.

• Options
    Gutted about this. Not only does he seem to be a very capable young coach, it also appears like he has instilled a real camaraderie in the youngsters and seems to go about things in the "Charlton way". Very complentary to Powell's staff. A real shame. Good luck Nathan.
  • Options
    Maybe Diego had been talking him up to his Dad who had earmarked him for the position some time last year before his departure. I find it strange that we've paid for him (I assume) to do the coaching badge in Turkey and he's then moved on.
  • Options
    What on earth has gone on here... this is really disappointing news.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Looking at Wikipedia it seems he was the assistant manager at Yeovil, so maybe it's simply a case of being offered a promotion elsewhere. Wikipedia also tells me the assistant manager, first team coach, and development squad coach roles are open at Brighton, so it would seem to fit.
  • Options
    heavenSE7 said:

Maybe Diego had been talking him up to his Dad who had earmarked him for the position some time last year before his departure. I find it strange that we've paid for him (I assume) to do the coaching badge in Turkey and he's then moved on.

Yeah, The license issue crossed my mind.

I'm not surprised he's in demand though; he's worked wonders with the academy judging by their performance this year!

• Options
    Good luck in new role - wish you could have stayed.
  • Options
    Hope we had a clause that he would pay us back for the jolly to Turkey we sent him on, bit unprofessional fo him to accept it if he knew he was leaving otherwise.
  • Options
    So, we find out someone has left the club by looking at the jobs section on the OS, then the other club announce he has joined them, all the while our club still hasn't said anything about him leaving the club......