Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Finished The Looming Tower last night. Excellent. Need to read up about the real life  characters involved. 
    Read the book mate, it’s excellent 
  • Options
    Watched last 4 episodes of Beecham House last night, really enjoyed it and set up nicely for next series. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Finished The Looming Tower last night. Excellent. Need to read up about the real life  characters involved. 
    Read the book mate, it’s excellent 
    I was thinking about that, so thanks for the encouragement. Only noticed last night that the Lebanese born agent was a real-life producer of the series.
  • Options
    I think 'Dark' might be amongst the best things I have ever watched on TV
  • Options
    Watched a couple of series the last week or so on Netflix.

Bodyguard, I missed when it was on BBC but thought that was fantastic, very gripping and I hope there is a series 2 coming.

The Haunting of Hill House, fantastic series with some brilliant acting, looking forward to seeing what they do with series 2 in 2020 
  • Options
    Started watching The Affair on Sky Atlantic last night. Didnt realise they were showing all of series 1 as series 2  starts this coming week. Didnt have the time (or inclination) to watch it all.....weird first 2 episodes though. Anyone else seen it previously & if so was it worth watching....
  • Options
    @Leroy Ambrose thought you'd like it.

It has a certain 'Lost' quality don't you think?
  • Options
    @Leroy Ambrose thought you'd like it.

It has a certain 'Lost' quality don't you think?
    Well that's put me off right there.

Take a half-baked idea, add intrigue, promise and disillusion and simmer relentlessly until completely baked
  • Options
    Just started watching The Boys on Amazon Prime.  A very different take on the superhero genre and so far so good
  • Options
    Manifest was quite enjoyable in a silly sort of way last night. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Manifest was quite enjoyable in a silly sort of way last night. 
    Hmmmmm........I watched it for about 30 mins. I thought it was likely to be Pony and I wasn't disappointed.
  • Options
    Just started watching The Boys on Amazon Prime.  A very different take on the superhero genre and so far so good
    Put this on now to see what its like
  • Options
    Watched the first 3 episodes of Manifest. It’s very cheesy is a ‘Lost’ type of way but it’s watchable. 
  • Options
    University Challenge is back .. here's your starter for 10
  • Options
    Put this on now to see what its like
    Just finished the series, very good to watch
  • Options
    edited August 2019
  • Options
    For those who missed it Ken Burns excellent documentary on the Vietnam war is repeated on bbc4 on Saturday. Outstanding TV.
  • Options
    We're currently working our way through a new Sky Atlantic series " Der Pass " - German with English subtitles.

Thoroughly enjoying it & would totally recommend giving it a go.
  • Options
    Season 2 of Succession starts next week. Been re-watching season 1 in anticipation. Even better second time around, noticing lots of nuances that I missed before. 
  • Options
    Jints said:
    Season 2 of Succession starts next week. Been re-watching season 1 in anticipation. Even better second time around, noticing lots of nuances that I missed before. 
    I absolutely love season 1 (the first episode is so good) despite not having finished the whole season yet. Great to know season 2 starts soon. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Finished Manifest. Shit.
  • Options
    Really enjoying Money Heist at the moment. Far-fetched yes but entertaining all the same
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Jints said:
    I absolutely love season 1 (the first episode is so good) despite not having finished the whole season yet. Great to know season 2 starts soon. 
    Season 1 just gets better - the last couple of episodes of season 1 are absolute humdingers - enjoy!
  • Options
    Finished Manifest. Shit.
    We couldn’t even finish the first episode. 
  • Options
    We're currently working our way through a new Sky Atlantic series " Der Pass " - German with English subtitles.

What's the storyline? 
  • Options
    Not new sorry, but i caught up with a series this week that i have never watched. The IT crowd, watched it all on Netflix as i missed it first time around. Funny as fuck. 
    Currently doing the same with Peep Show, forgot how funny it was.
  • Options
    Not new sorry, but i caught up with a series this week that i have never watched. The IT crowd, watched it all on Netflix as i missed it first time around. Funny as fuck. 
    Did the same myself not long ago, saw the odd episode but never really watched them all. Followed that with The Peep Show, which I had never watched and didn't get it until I did. Both great.
  • Options
    Finished Manifest. Shit.
    We couldn’t even finish the first episode. 
    me neither, terrible.
  • Options

What's the storyline? 

Based very flimsily on The Bridge and The Tunnel ie a body found straddling the border between Germany and Austria.

But IMO it offers so much more than that.Characters are well drawn especially the odd bod Austrian detective .

It held our interest throughout and binge watched the last 3 episodes.