Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carlisle 0 - 1 Charlton - Post match reports from those there (2012)

Comments

• Options
    ps isomehow on then pitch i dropped my wallet only for some bloke to chase me and hand it over.

wish id brought him a few beers or something but all happened quickly. if youre on here then i owe you a couple. let me know
  • Options
    Brilliant vid pep. Easy to tell when the wendys result came in :D
  • Options
    A truly amazing day so happy I forked out the money to go. Was in the griffin from about 11 till about half 2 great day bar staff left a lot to be desired before the game. When we got to the ground we sat pretty much in the bottom corner. To be honest the game wasn't up to much but we did what we had to do and the results went the way that we wanted then to go. Scrappy game where there were not many clear cut chances from either team apart from BWPs one on one, was probably the best chance of the game. The goal was typical of late. Can't remember an atmosphere like it when we scored, the whole crowd knew massive were drawing and all we had to do was win and when BWP knocked it in we all went mental.

There was quite a few charlton celebrating on the pitch when we scored and they stayed in the corner for the rest of the game.

Every player put in a shift today but special notice goes again solly and morrow who both defended like warriors. Kerms again battled bravely for everything.

When the final whistle went there was a sense of pure elation as we've been waiting for years for this day. Quite a few went on the pitch to celebrate with the players who went off quickly after the invasion. The atmosphere was buzzing as all the crowd waited behind for the players to come out again after. Even though the silly pitch announcer said that they weren't coming out again. When the team came out again it was brilliant best at osphere I've seen at a charlton match for years and years.

The celebrations from the players were fantastic from throwing Chrisy Powell up in the air to cheering and singing with the fans. It felt like as we have known all season thy really care about the club.

Had a long train journey back made shorter by the celebrations and the jägermister.

P.s excuse me if this repeats what others have said I haven't read all posts and im pretty drunk
  • Options
    From my blurred haze

We were poor tbh until we scored

Leon Cort was immense I don't think he missed one header all game

We seemed jaded and nervy but bar them having a 20 ydr off the post they didn't bother us imo

Once we scored it was never in doubt

Bwp missed a great 1 on 1

But the day was for the fans , in the griffin for just after 11 charlton everywhere nice turn out

Will write more tomoz as we are just in

But I must say there is a part of me that will always love carlisle and its hen night women

I am with plaayer we have had many great days but this was my best ever bar wembley
  • Options
    Only just got in so posting without reading. Fantastic trip, somehow made all the better by the length of the journey.

It wasn't the best of games. We wasted a few chances in the first half, but didn't really pressure too much. Got a massive let off when they spanked it against the woodwork, but as ever our brilliant defence held firm. Then the goal came and it looked like their was only one winner; we looked a lot more confident and assured.

Brilliant feeling when the Wendies result was confirmed.

Have to say, top marks to Waggy who had a word with a couple of the stewards to get people out of trouble for being on the pitch. Well done that man.
  • Options
    Will post more in the morning as a bit of a haze now but what a day. top top draw made the right choice.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited April 2012
    Just got home. Totally knackered but what a day. Firstly, a fantastic time on the train and in The Griffen. Met a lot of great Charlton fanatics.

Onto the game and aftermath. Can't really describe it. Too emotional to sum it all up. Agree about the OB and Stewards. Way over the top. They said we would have to celebrate with the players/Chrissie at the next home game. Wouldn't have been ok with us as we fly back to california tomorrow, But...... finally, after about 15 minutes, they let them come over to us. FANTASTIC. That made the whole trip for me. CP was very emotional. He had to go away to the opposite penalty area on his own just to get his emotions in check. A truly fantastic day. Best since Wembley. As said above, better in lots of ways as it was far more personal and up close.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited April 2012
  • Options
    Just pulled cheryl cole
  • Options
    Fuck, I'm knackered but absolutely buzzing still. Can't stop reading this.

NLA, I'll tell you what you made today complete. Seriously, cheers mate!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brunton Park not changed since we last got promotion there. The 80s theme enhanced by the pre-match music - Madness, The Beat and The Redskins. Match largely a blur - things I remember at the end Bradley Pritchard (MOTM) banging the drum, good applause from Carlisle fans in the main stand for our boys and a steward trying to throw the groundsman off the pitch.
  • Options

Balls will always burst in our cup finals and promotion will always be gained at Carlisle away, its the law! I am extremely proud to be a Charlton fan tonight, weve got our Charlton back!

Brilliant.
    Needs to be put in the Oxford book of quotable quotes
  • Options
    You're right JJDD brilliant musical theme :-)
  • Options
    Not a problem mate straight up , I said we would do it today

And that meant that the day had to be perfect everything in place so that the day was how we needed it

I don't think it has sunk in yet

Prior hats off to you fella for just saying solly

Getting slung out the griffin wernt a good idea though

What a turn out

Dundee

Celtic

Rangers

All with the charlton boys , special mention to the dundee boys superb company all day
    I know that this ain't the forum for it but there was a top presence in carlisle and it was very loud all day
  • Options
    Just got in. The scenes when BWP scored will never be forgotten. It was as if we somehow knew that even with 15 mins left, there was no way we were going to let up that lead. I think I ended up about half a block away from where I started during the goal celebration!

Scenes at the end were great, with the team clearly wanting to celebrate with the supporters as much as the OB and stewards would allow them to.

Pritchard playing the drums and Wagstaff giving the steward what for were also personal highlights.

Just seen SCPs interview on the Football League Show. He mentions how he thought today was meant to be, as it was his Mums birthday. As he said it, you could tell his voice was cracking. I think many of us welled up at the end when we saw the emotion he was going through.

I will never forget this day. For those who made the long journey, we have witnessed the definite return of Charlton Athletic.

COYR
  • Options
    Top top day.
  • Options
    Choked watching that video
    Yep me too!
  • Options
    Ow!,Why does my head hurt so bad? Oh yeah :)

Just a top,top day out!!
  • Options
    Fantastic couple of days in carlisle. I was there in both 1981 and 1986 as well and each one seems to get better. Winning the title now and seeing Wednesday fail in the play offs will complete a perfect season
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Didn't have a beer yesterday (driving) however I do have a bad head today.

Was in the rugby club before the game, along with TelMc32, met an old boy and his wife (both cafc), ask him how he thought we would do today, he answers that we would lose. He had a couple of beers, then tells us that we will draw. A couple of beers later he is telling us that we are going to win.

Was it planned for Dale to take that shite corner and then let Jackson take the next one, which I think we scored from?

Also saw Scooby Do doing rollovers down the hill outside the ground, asked a copper outside the ground " which way?" he asked where to? The Championship.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a day. Got to the pub at the station about midday and was already full of Charlton with a view songs going round.

First half we was like many games this year where we seem to back off and see what they other team have got but second we seemed really up for it weather the players knew Wednesday was drawing I don't know but would assume they did by the way they celebrated the goal.

When the final whistle went it was quite weird all waiting around for confirmation of the Massive score and then total relief.

Was great to see some of the squad players really enjoying it. People like Hayes, Hughes who have not really had much of a look in of late but have played there part.

• Options
    It was a long but great, great day. Left at 6.45am and got parked up and into the Rugby club at 12.45.

I don't know what it is but I have so much confidence in the defence, I never see the other side scoring it is just a question of can we score? Morro close then N'Guessan missed a sitter. Second half BWP missed two gilt edged chances ( thought he was poor incidentally) and the keeper saved from Yann twice. Absolute mayhem when we scored, hugging people I don't even know - probably football is the only place you can get away with this!

Always knew we would hold out and was more interested in texts from sons, friends and sister at home on the Wendies match. Some were celebrating prematurely but texts telling me 3 minutes added time at colchester and then wendies having a disallowed goal (is that true?). Players running up to us as if been told finished at colchester, then I got confirmatory text and then it was party time. Police in riot gear arrived a bit late and got a bit stroppy and 30 Carlisle hanging around and making weak attempts to get on the pitch.

Didn't leave the ground until 5.25pm but then straightforward journey home and back in sunny Belvedere as MOTD started. I love carlisle, three trips there and 3 promotions witnessed. Now for the title and 100+ points please. Soooooo proud. Stand up for the champions!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    What a beautiful day. Got up to Carlisle on Friday afternoon & managed a couple of beers! Waiting outside the rugby club for opening & then meeting some really good people from both clubs. The atmosphere in the ground was superb all through the game and I was absolutely drained on the way home.

I think they made about 3 tannoy announcements telling us no-one would be coming out. We all refused to budge and then you saw the police/stewards change position and a couple of tv camera guys get in front of the tunnel over the other side. That's when we knew our heroes (the players, management, staff, directors, fans) were coming back out.hAven't worked out how to post video yet...saves you all my delirious, screaming voice & dodgy filming, but this will have to do for now! Big thanks to Guinness for driving back...WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!!

cid:25D6BA85-8E90-44AE-8488-3BCE1E220D04/photo.JPG

• Options
    top day out worth every min of the long coach trip. meet up with NLA and everyone at the ground. All of the fans were in top form and it was our day. A few of the stewards and ob were a little over the top, but most were ok with us i felt. Had a cracking day out now lets secure the title next week at home
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Sorry - please delete.
  • Options
    Waggy and Hamer came straight over and ignored the stewards because they felt it just as much as we did. Class. Take a look at Waggy in PEPs video (how did you hold that phone still Paul?) that boy was loving it so much. Proper Charlton. Also that photo of the three of them after the goal -and Bradley was so pumped up and emotional. Says it all.

That was an I was there day!
  • Options
    i honestly couldnt tell you anything about the game up untill the goal it was that dire, just seen the highlights didnt even no they had hit the post but like i say who cares, fantastic day out from start to finish, Think alot of people will end up on bans for going on the pitch which will be stupid but wtih euro 2012 coming up the old bill look for any excuse to bans anyone and everyone.

WE ARE GOING UP
  • Options
    No one will get banned totty