Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carlisle 0 - 1 Charlton - Post match reports from those there (2012)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    9 years today. 

What a day it was the train journey back was brilliant. 

Whenever I think of this game I always think of Seb on the pitch with his rucksack (RIP) 
  • Options
    9 years today. 

What a day it was the train journey back was brilliant. 

Whenever I think of this game I always think of Seb on the pitch with his rucksack (RIP) 
    I can see he posted on this thread as well :-(

One of my biggest Charlton regrets not going to this game. My kids were 1 and a handful, i dithered a bit and in the end couldn’t justify the £100+ train fare. Just wasn’t the same watching Soccer Saturday:-(
  • Options
    Was the 4time  I had been to Carlisle and the second time I had seen us promoted there.Great day out.Went with ACAB and Blackpool 72 brother.Had to wait at the end for the Massives result before we could start celebrating.Long journey home but another memorable one .Happy days
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    A special moment in @CAFCofficial history; can’t believe it’s nine years ago! Breaking club records, scoring goals, it was the season of our lives. Good luck to @TheNigelAdkins & heroes from that season @johnnie_jackson & @jasoneuell . Get in those play-offs! Forever Addick...ted!
    I dont think I can personally end up in the Play-Offs, thanks for the mention though Chris
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    A special moment in @CAFCofficial history; can’t believe it’s nine years ago! Breaking club records, scoring goals, it was the season of our lives. Good luck to @TheNigelAdkins & heroes from that season @johnnie_jackson & @jasoneuell . Get in those play-offs! Forever Addick...ted!
    I dont think I can personally end up in the Play-Offs, thanks for the mention though Chris
    I think Adkins wants you and Sage to pick the team at Wembley 😀
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I'll leave that to Sage

I'll do a Johnnie Jackson and stand in the background looking fashionable and knowledgable
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I'll leave that to Sage

I'll do a Johnnie Jackson and stand in the background looking fashionable and knowledgable
    Start practicing your airplane celebration then.
  • Options
    And the famous “Olly on the pitch” was born...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    some photos from the day, are you in them?

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Not sure if I posted earlier on this thread. Probably not as too "caught in the moment" shall we say.

What a brilliant day out. History foresaw the promotion from the fixture release.

Odds against on the day but all conspired to make it happen. Fantastic memories. Black velvets all round in the poshest pub we could find then a late train back to Glasgow. Thank you, SCP. 

Nine years ago. Bloody hell.
  • Options
    It remains (and I think it always will) the best footballing day (not game) of my life! I think only witnessing England win something could get close for me. Still shocking that we only had 900 up there, to see us win the league, just like Blackburn in 2000. A quality 900 but poor none-the less, although it kind of makes it all the more special for those catually there. Did a lot of northern aways that season with the same band of mates, so was fitting for us all to be there for that. The pre and post match booze up will live long in the memory, as will the Blackpool weekender for Preston away a couple of weeks later! Fortunatley, in hindsight, that season fell nicely between long-term serious relationships for me.
    I think that's what makes it a bit more special there was only 900 there.
    Even though the wife said go a couple of times I wasnt paying £100 for the train.

• Options
    clb74 said:
    It remains (and I think it always will) the best footballing day (not game) of my life! I think only witnessing England win something could get close for me. Still shocking that we only had 900 up there, to see us win the league, just like Blackburn in 2000. A quality 900 but poor none-the less, although it kind of makes it all the more special for those catually there. Did a lot of northern aways that season with the same band of mates, so was fitting for us all to be there for that. The pre and post match booze up will live long in the memory, as will the Blackpool weekender for Preston away a couple of weeks later! Fortunatley, in hindsight, that season fell nicely between long-term serious relationships for me.
    I think that's what makes it a bit more special there was only 900 there.
    Even though the wife said go a couple of times I wasnt paying £100 for the train.

And you say I'm tight! Ffs.
  • Options
    Went to most away games that season. Was on a close mate’s stag do that weekend so had to miss this. Followed the games on my phone in a bar in Berlin, stag do was brilliant but was heartbroken to miss this. But that’s the way life goes sometimes! Spent hours watching all the footage on YouTube etc the next day. What a team and team team spirit we had that season, incredible group and what a manager.
  • Options
    I have been at three fantastic promotion parties at Carlisle (80/81, 85/86, and 11/12)... I kind of always want them to do well and be in the same division as us...and then the EFL to play ball and have us up there at the end of the season, and then we just know that promotion is "guaranteed"!!!!
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    I have been at three fantastic promotion parties at Carlisle (80/81, 85/86, and 11/12)... I kind of always want them to do well and be in the same division as us...and then the EFL to play ball and have us up there at the end of the season, and then we just know that promotion is "guaranteed"!!!!
    Since the 80's I have seen us promoted 3 times at Carlisle  

I have seen us win twice against Sunderland at Wembley. Could that numerically match this season? 
  • Options
    Barnsley needs to siddarn, he's blocking the view!