Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chesterfield away

Comments

• Options
    Just spoke to a client in Chesterfield, all of the major roads are pretty much clear, it was very coild up there this morning, however all should be ok
  • Options
    Shit
    Get back to your gut rot and camels.
    I feel sorry for the poor other holiday makers who have gone away for a nice quiet week away, and all they can hear is this bloke moaning about everything in site.
  • Options
    Got a friend working near chesterfield at moment who said it was as cold there and couldnt understand how their game went ahead as ours didnt? Hes everton so not bias! Though has been 2 valley with me! But the forcast up there not good as there thinkin of comin home before weekend as they are workin outside and his last msg said temps plumeted since they started this morn as ground had started 2 ice over on site ! so not lookin good!
  • Options
    Just having a lazy beer mate
  • Options
    Got a friend working near chesterfield at moment who said it was as cold there and couldnt understand how their game went ahead as ours didnt? Hes everton so not bias! Though has been 2 valley with me! But the forcast up there not good as there thinkin of comin home before weekend as they are workin outside and his last msg said temps plumeted since they started this morn as ground had started 2 ice over on site ! so not lookin good!
    Perhaps the fact that they played 150 miles away in Carlisle is something to consider?

• Options
    Did say wasnt a addick !! Think he was refering 2 how come a couple went ahead in our league! Though we know carlise is strange part of the world! But i thought it was cold up there even in summer!
  • Options
    I am in Chesterfield at the moment never seen a town with so many pubs. I will ask my son in law for best advice and post back later!
  • Options
    Anyone got any local knowledge on parking. The ground guide says that parking at the stadium is only for season ticket holders.
  • Options
    I'm their now, not half as cold as it was over the weekend, fear not.
  • Options

Drove through C'field at 6.30pm
    +1*C
    roads seem clear

apparently the pitch has a cover, waterproof on the top and the equivalent of a blanket underneath
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Presume tickets will be on sale on the day?
  • Options
    Presume tickets will be on sale on the day?
    Would think so as not sold allocation. Worse case scenario go in the home end

• Options
    Chesterfield fan here. Weather forecast to be slightly warmer towards the weekend so pretty confident of a game being played.
  • Options
    Chesterfield fan here. Weather forecast to be slightly warmer towards the weekend so pretty confident of a game being played.
    Does the pitch have undersoil heating etc. What are you able to do protect the pitch?

• Options
    No undersoil heating, no. It wasn't deemed cost effective to have it when the ground was built. Not necessarily the cost of installation but the cost of running it v likely savings. The pitch has covers that work down to -5 but for obvious reasons are only put down closer to the game. With the temperatures expected I see no issues personally.
  • Options
    No undersoil heating, no. It wasn't deemed cost effective to have it when the ground was built. Not necessarily the cost of installation but the cost of running it v likely savings. The pitch has covers that work down to -5 but for obvious reasons are only put down closer to the game. With the temperatures expected I see no issues personally.
    Hope your right mate, in Chesterfield at 10.40 and not leaving till 7.40!

• Options
    Whats there to do after the game? My train aint til 19:39
  • Options
    Go to a pub!
  • Options
    Go to a pub!
    Not on my own I aint. Gonna have a look for something for dinner
  • Options
    Is that an offer Elfsborg considering you must be on the same train? Good of you...!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What food you after? Obviously Chesterfield ain't London but we've a handful of decent places to eat.
  • Options
    Go to a pub!
    So most of the £4 you've saved is going to be spent on a dinner for one, marvelous.
  • Options
    Go to a pub!
    So most of the £4 you've saved is going to be spent on a dinner for one, marvelous.
    Lol.

• Options
    Whats there to do after the game? My train aint til 19:39
    Go down the taxi rank and ask someone to show you their crooked spire.
  • Options
    That's the problem. You get an early/late train to save money & spend more than the savings on beer (& possibly food.)
  • Options
    What food you after? Obviously Chesterfield ain't London but we've a handful of decent places to eat.
    Like KFC/Burger King etc. Maybe even a chippy
  • Options
    2 and a half hours in a chippy :-)
  • Options
    If that's all you're after you'll not struggle. There's a KFC 100 yards from the ground in the direction of the train station if you're walking. There's a McDonald's & Burger King in the town centre though the latter doesn't seem to open in the evening.

If you have a couple of hours to kill maybe you can stretch to something more interesting/time consuming?

If I were you I'd sink some beers but that's me.

• Options
    -2'C outside my house in sheffield right now. I reckon it'll be on. there is still a fair bit of snow on the local park, but it has been melting through the day as it was about +3'C today.

• Options
    Whats the turnstile people like too? I have an U19 ticket when I'm not U19, so if I have a shave would I be fine?