Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Well played and good luck for the season

Thought you played well and no complaints at all re the result (plenty around our performance!!). Your defence in particular were the best I have seen this season.

We were of course going to lose at some point and losing away at Charlton on your current form was as likely a place as any.

Powell is a thoroughly likeable Chap and every time he is interviewed, he conducts himself extremely well (some other Managers ought to take a leaf out of his book).

Hope you go on and win promotion and we are there with you. I also hope you manage to bring as good a support to Huddersfield as we did to your place on a televised Monday night!.

All the best.

Comments

• Hope to see you in the championship next year. 
  • And you pal good luck, I think it gives a bit of credence to your record that it was ended at the home of the champions 8+)

On a more serious note I think we should combine in our hatred for the Sheffield weds muggy fans
  • great to see, that even in defeat, you can still be generous and i think that says a lot about you and i thank you for that.

you're right it was always going to come to an end at some point and no shame at it being at the valley.

i still can't believe we're doing so well, hopefully we'll both make it to the championship, good luck for the rest of the season.
  • And you pal good luck, I think it gives a bit of credence to your record that it was ended at the home of the champions 8+)

On a more serious note I think we should combine in our hatred for the Sheffield weds muggy fans
    Thanks and the Wednesday fans have already been giving it the large one about how we are a tin pot club, they are a massive club, what they will do to us when we play them at their spot on December 17th, it will be our cup final etc etc. 

The funny thing is that we couldn`t give a toss about Wednesday, they mean nothing to us, its their fans that keep harping on about some sort of extreme rivalry!. 
  • Pretty much everything about Hudds fans that I have seen I like. Team and manager ain't that bad either. Hope it's us and Hudds that go up.
  • Hope that us and Hudds go up in the autos - Sheff Weds fans are starting to get on my tits.

Good luck for the rest of the season (except when you play us, that is)...
  • If you play like you did last night I'd wack some money on you beating wednesday at there place and will be hoping you do beat them
  • Please I really hope you smash Wednesday, last night game was the 2 beat teams in this league by far!
  • Hope you also go up.

Thought your fans were a credit to you last night.

• great to see, that even in defeat, you can still be generous and i think that says a lot about you and i thank you for that.

you're right it was always going to come to an end at some point and no shame at it being at the valley.

i still can't believe we're doing so well, hopefully we'll both make it to the championship, good luck for the rest of the season.
    Thanks and for all the other Addicks that have posted a response and re Wednesday, we have a good record there but apparently this time, we are simply making up the numbers. They are of the view that now they have got second, its a straight shoot-out between them and you for the title. I know who my monies on.

Re our performance last night, better in second half, however the damage was done and Clark in my view did not sub well (apart from Danny ward). Whilst being mindful of the quality of opposition and how well they allowed us to play. We can play better than that and Jordan was a mere Spectator last night which again is part excellent defence and part an off-day by his own high standards
  • Sponsored links:

• Typical of the Huddersfield Town fans I have encountered, knowledgeable and fair minded and folk who love their club (rightly so). I hope Huddersfield get promoted, but it is so so early for anybody to predict what is to happen in the rest of the season.
  • i think (bizarrely) the loss will help hudders get re focused with no crap in the way on the job of getting promoted and they have a good chance

40% autos and 60% play offs for the udders

• As long as we get promoted at all costs I can pass on a good luck to you. As expected you never stopped going through to the end of the game at 2-0 down.
    It' was a big credit to our defence that we kept you out.
    Hope the record stays with you as a big achievement and I'm sure it will.
  • Got a soft spot for town.
    saw them at wembley twice, was at the last game at Leeds road v blackpool and been pickled a few times in the slubbers arms (wonder if its still there).
    hope they get 2nd.
  • My mate put £1 on for us to win 7-6 last night. For old times sake...

Dont know what the return was.
  • Well, to pick-up on a Couple of points.

In relation to our defeat, I honestly believe it is a monkey off our backs, we have drawn way, way too many games and that, I believe was down to a `we shalt not lose` mentality. Now we can hopefully turn some of the draws (Rochdale, Orient at home and Hartlepool etc spring to mind, there are more!) in to wins as the season progresses.

The Slubbers Arms is still going strong with the beer every bit as good!. I too was at the last game at Leeds road.

Will have to get back on here before you play up at our spot. I know a couple of cracking pubs that I and a few of the Lads frequent on match days that serve excellent beer and can give you a steer.

• Good luck. The only thing I hope your wrong about is the return being a Monday night! Hopefully not.
  • My mate put £1 on for us to win 7-6 last night. For old times sake...

Dont know what the return was.
    Probably nothing at all.
  • Let's get 5,000 up to Huddersfield when we play them :-O
  • The difference between Wednesday and Huddersfield fans is remarkable. Great following from the Terriers last night btw.
  • Sponsored links:

• The funny thing is that we couldn`t give a toss about Wednesday, they mean nothing to us, its their fans that keep harping on about some sort of extreme rivalry!. 

Some Owls think they are the top club in Yorkshire, even though they are in the same pub league as everyone else.  CAFC and HTFC showed last night to the 18000 watching and SKY that they are both too good for League 1 and have quality vocal fans.  It remains to be seen whether the same can be said for the Owls - they were nothing special at the Valley, but that was only one game.

Leeds Road was glorious.  Do you remember how they used to show the away end on "When Saturday Comes"?  Stood on there a few times.  Can't help feeling the Alf doesn't match the romance of that old place and Huddersfield in general - the station, the pennines, the '62 etc.  Great town.

Good luck for the rest of the season.  Be interesting to see if you have to sell Russell Watson Rhodes in January, like you had to sell the magnificent Pilks last summer.

• I also like Huddersfield ever since I saw Charlton away there a couple of times back in the late 60's and sampled some of your local crumpet.  :-)  

Seriously, I hope you go up with us. I think you've suffered enough in the last 2 years or so what with the heartbreaking play off defeat last year and all that. Plus the fact you chaps seem a pretty good bunch. Some (not all) of the Wendys on that OwlsTalk forum are pretty moronic.

• Some Owls think they are the top club in Yorkshire, even though they are in the same pub league as everyone else.  CAFC and HTFC showed last night to the 18000 watching and SKY that they are both too good for League 1 and have quality vocal fans.  It remains to be seen whether the same can be said for the Owls - they were nothing special at the Valley, but that was only one game.

Leeds Road was glorious.  Do you remember how they used to show the away end on "When Saturday Comes"?  Stood on there a few times.  Can't help feeling the Alf doesn't match the romance of that old place and Huddersfield in general - the station, the pennines, the '62 etc.  Great town.

Good luck for the rest of the season.  Be interesting to see if you have to sell Russell Watson Rhodes in January, like you had to sell the magnificent Pilks last summer.

........Thanks and becoming a habit this logging on here!, you seem a decent bunch that know a good support and Team when you see one! : )

In relation to Leeds road, I spent many a happy afternoon / night there, it is also fair to say that I also spent many and unhappy afternoon / night there towards the latter end!. I would say the atmosphere is not the same at the Galpharm, having said that, it can be good depending on the fixture and amount of away fans (something we haven`t seen much of for the last 10 years at this level!!!).

Re Rhodes, he will be here till the end of the Season then off, regardless of the level we are playing at. It really was his worst game of the Season on Monday night (as previously stated, credit to the part the defence played in that), however, he really is the real deal and if he goes for less than £2m there would be a riot. Celtic strongly rumoured but that would be the equivalent of playing in league 1 at best, just a bigger crowd (same amount of away fans barr one fixture also). He needs to be going to the Premier league for £3m minimum (Mackal-Smith went for £3.5m as a league 1 player). We will see.

The Bradford paper up here has long been on about Parkinson (little s**t after he let us down at the 11th hour just before the Press conference) being after Benson and he was all set to join on loan with view to a 6 figure move in January. Move of course failed due to medical reasons much to Parkinson`s disappointment as he has been target number 1 for him since he took over. I saw him play when we played down at your spot last season, looked decent but went down looking for free-kicks far too easily for my liking.

•  

The Bradford paper up here has long been on about Parkinson (little s**t after he let us down at the 11th hour just before the Press conference) being after Benson and he was all set to join on loan with view to a 6 figure move in January. Move of course failed due to medical reasons much to Parkinson`s disappointment as he has been target number 1 for him since he took over. I saw him play when we played down at your spot last season, looked decent but went down looking for free-kicks far too easily for my liking.
    What were the medical reasons? Any idea? I feel bad for Benson. I like him. Just hasn't fitted in under Chrissie Powell. 
  • Just wanted to add my bit. Thought the Town lads were excellent the other night. Few in the RoD pre match singing away with that huge flag. No trouble, just fans going a long way to watch their team. 
    Hope to see you in the CCC. 
  • I'm going to be in Yorkshire for a few days that will include the 17th of Dec so will probably make a point of going along to watch that match. Never been to Hillsborough. I'll probably go in the away end though............
  • I'm going to be in Yorkshire for a few days that will include the 17th of Dec so will probably make a point of going along to watch that match. Never been to Hillsborough. I'll probably go in the away end though............
    One of my favourite stadiums. Remember us lose 5-4 there in the eighties and we were 3-1 up at half time ( I think) . Hope huddersfield shut the wendies up.

You would get a beer in any of the other stands tango.
    or better still you could make the ~1 hour trip from Sheffield to Walsall
    And be a week late for the game? ;-)
    And be a week late for the game? ;-)
    good point