Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well played and good luck for the season

2»

Comments

• Options
    Us and Huddersfield have long been linked in a positive way, ever since the 7-6 result.
  • Options
    I'm going to be in Yorkshire for a few days that will include the 17th of Dec so will probably make a point of going along to watch that match. Never been to Hillsborough. I'll probably go in the away end though............
    One of my favourite stadiums. Remember us lose 5-4 there in the eighties and we were 3-1 up at half time ( I think) . Hope huddersfield shut the wendies up.

Wasn't that Burnley we lost to 5-4 after being something like 1-4 up.
  • Options
    Hope you thump the Wendies on the 17th - they are becoming somewhat annoying and we don't even live in the same county.
  • Options
    I'm going to be in Yorkshire for a few days that will include the 17th of Dec so will probably make a point of going along to watch that match. Never been to Hillsborough. I'll probably go in the away end though............
    You would get a beer in any of the other stands tango.
    or better still you could make the ~1 hour trip from Sheffield to Walsall
    And be a week late for the game? ;-)
    good point
    One of my favourite stadiums. Remember us lose 5-4 there in the eighties and we were 3-1 up at half time ( I think) . Hope huddersfield shut the wendies up.

Wasn't that Burnley we lost to 5-4 after being something like 1-4 up.
    Think we drew 4.4 at Burnley that time, back in the late 70`s. We did lose 5.4 at Sheff Weds once after being 3.1 up at half time!
  • Options
    The Burnley 4-4 game ... what a game that was ... 4-1 up with about 10 minutes left and we almost lost! Great day out.
  • Options
    When I was a lad, remember Huddersfield's most famous supporter being Harold Wilson.
    He's dead now.
  • Options

The Bradford paper up here has long been on about Parkinson (little s**t after he let us down at the 11th hour just before the Press conference) being after Benson and he was all set to join on loan with view to a 6 figure move in January. Move of course failed due to medical reasons much to Parkinson`s disappointment as he has been target number 1 for him since he took over. I saw him play when we played down at your spot last season, looked decent but went down looking for free-kicks far too easily for my liking.
    What were the medical reasons? Any idea? I feel bad for Benson. I like him. Just hasn't fitted in under Chrissie Powell. 
    "Benson was set for a loan switch to Bradford City last Thursday before the Bantams attempted to renegotiate the terms of the already agreed deal."
  • Options
    Genuinely think it is going to be us and you. When you beat Wednesday I'll have a good chuckle. They definitely think they are better than they are- we are the top two.
  • Options
    Not sure about the rest of you but from the North Upper it is barely possible o hear how loud the away end is. Terrible accoustics when sitting up there. When sitting in amongst it the atmosphere sounds brilliant but speaking to friends at work who watched on tv, they said the crowd wasn't up to much.

Town fans seem decent though and despite the result there seemed to be very little between the two teams. In fact at 0-0 Town seemed to be the team most in the ascendancy. I'm sure they are similar to us in the respect of having a good young emerging manager who they hope to be able to hang on to.
  • Options
    Huddersfields most famous fan is Patrick Stewart!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Someone told me that Huddersfield has more listed buildings than any other English town.
  • Options
    jamescafc:
    Not sure about the rest of you but from the North Upper it is barely
    possible o hear how loud the away end is. Terrible accoustics when
    sitting up there. When sitting in amongst it the atmosphere sounds
    brilliant but speaking to friends at work who watched on tv, they said
    the crowd wasn't up to much.
    On the night the noise created by both sets of fans noise was immense but all television companies turn the microphones down, partly so that the tv audience can hear the drivel from their commentators and partly so that the audience can't hear tuneful ditties such 'you can stick your f*cking record up your arse' or other similar comments. 
  • Options
    Think most of us will become honourary Town fans on 17th... ;)