Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I have been on two protests in the last week-ish

Comments

• Options
    Bet sparks flew at that meeting.
  • Options

smiffy

been working for a main contractor (Big multi national building company) for the last year.

we have quizzes Grattes on the subject and the general feeling from us that we do not want this agreement

by the way Grattes will still charge us the same rate per man per hour under the proposed agreement as what they charge us now! So much for making them competitive!!!!

• Options
    Cafc999 it's all total bollox mate I've been working for an Irish mob for the last year and there good as gold.

I would like to know who the clever **** is who woke up one day and thought I know today I'm gonna shaft all the sparks and there livelihood, for my own personal greed.
  • Options

smiffyboy

still loads of good firm out there

the 'big' 7 who are trying to impose this s***e are all living in the dark ages

we all need to stick together on this one like we did in 1999 on the jubilee line

• Options
    Totally agree mate totally agree
  • Options
    Will you both be at Conway Hall Tuesday night?
  • Options
    I can't mate but will definitely be at the next march gaffa on my job has said three of us can attend and he will cover for us.
  • Options
    i am hoping to be there
  • Options
    Good good. You following the bloke on Facebook?
  • Options
    There is a lot of shouting on laid hailers near my office... are the sparks protesting in the City today?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nope not us today.
    We are about on Wednesdays. Wednesday just gone we started at The Tate Modern, loads of police there, over 15 riot vans. So we left there and walked over the millennium bridge and blocked the roads around St Pauls, till the police caught up and then went we on to blackfriars station.
    This Wednesday is at Blackfriars Station. 6:45 start.
    ALL of you are welcome. The more the merrier. We even have a mobile sound system now too. So come have a dance
  • Options
    7am Blackfriars Station.

Apparently, quite of the lot from outside St. Pauls are coming over too.

Get the builders train and come along before work
  • Options
    Anyone come through blackfriars this morning? Hear or see anything?
  • Options
    The Guardian

Get a mention in the Guardian today
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2JCoJrnrgMs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How do I embed this? I managed to figure it out before but am baffled this time
  • Options
    Just in case anyone is following this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BhOAT-bNbM

We were told that we will be issued with a Section 14 order if we turn up to the protest this coming Wednesday. Joy

• Options
    Ooh I know a lot of people in that video - probably including the person who filmed it!
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sv3C1EozgQ

Another video which you can see me getting pushed out of the road by the police
  • Options
    Good on You guys !
    Keep The Faith !
  • Options
    Yes good on you lads.  Ill watch second one on monday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What depresses me most of all is that there are people (if that is the right word) who brag about how they shaft honest hard working people on their CVs like it is a badge of honour.
  • Options
    Anyone see us on Daybreak this morning?
  • Options
    A big one tomorrow Dan?  I see you dont have to get on the builders train for it either.  Just received this in one of the warning emails we are getting re all the demo's tomorrow.

"The Unite trade union has called on construction workers to demonstrate as well. They are set to assemble in front of the building site of the Shard London Bridge on St Thomas's Street from 11.30am and then march to the Blackfriars Project building site. A march to the House of Commons (Dean's Yard via Embankment) will take place from 2pm."

• Options
    That is the official plan. We are starting at 7am at Liverpool Street, few flying pickets, bit of havoc.
    Expecting 500-750 for this then off to the The Shard for the official demo. March to Blackfriars then apparently we are leaving the official demo and joining up with the students. Crash hat has been packed.
    Farringdon, Tottenham Court Road, Kings Cross. ALL will be picketed tomorrow.

Look out for this banner on the news. I should be under it

• Options
    Good luck and be careful of the ol kettle!

Your not a rioter or looter so best to expect a kicking.... lol.
  • Options
    All kicking off in the City
  • Options
    Yes, i got the builders train this morning so missed it but my pal just told me she walked straight into it at Cannon Street.  Said it wasnt very nice.  Shame.
  • Options
    What's different this time, how come it's kicking off?