Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colchester 0 - 2 Charlton - Post Match Views

edited August 2011 in Root
Jingle bells, jingle bells.....

Back to back wins on the road to retain our 100% record in League One.

All post-match chatter here, if you were at the game, please state it at the start of your post.

Comments

• Options
    Three games, three wins, we are the team to beat in L1.
  • Options
    I am impressed. We have scored seven and shipped one which tells a story in itself. Project that over the season and we have deep joy. Would still love us to sign another centre back tho. Well done lads.
  • Options
    Three games, three wins, we are the team to beat in L1.
    Same as Sheff Utd to be fair.

But a great result against a tough side - delighted to get 6 points from two games that last year we got 1.  Roll on Saturday!
  • Options

Back to back wins on the road to retain the only 100% record in League One.

All post-match chatter here, if you were at the game, please state it at the start of your post.

Sheff Utd are 100% as well.
  • Options

Back to back wins on the road to retain the only 100% record in League One.

Unfortunately not true. Sheff U have also won 3 out of 3.
  • Options

massive win and a clean sheet , fairplay and BWP got the goals he's deserved (hope he's working hard enough for the freak show that moan about his work rate)

20% autos 80 % play offs nothing else is feasible

• Options

very strong win ... sounded like a good team performance ... BWP unlucky for hat-trick, good defensive play by Wiggins, Hayes sounded good ... in fact they all sounded good ... looking forward to hearing from someone who was there

COYR and roll on saturday

• Options

... nothing else is feasible

:-)

• Options
    Sounded like it could've easily been 4 or 5.

Very pleased, thought we'd struggle vs County and Colchester away. We sound solid at the back and creating alot of chances up front. I know some where mentioning us winning our first 6 games 2 years ago, but this team just feels different...in a good way

Can't wait till Saturday now
  • Options
    Briliant victory sounded like everyone played well including Wiggins. Looking forward to watching the new team for the first time on Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like it could and probably should have been more... so refreshing to be playing so well and Green still to make his impact. Fingers crossed this momentum continues
  • Options
    We simply could not ask for more.

That is all...
  • Options
    I know some where mentioning us winning our first 6 games 2 years ago, but this team just feels different...in a good way

we still reached the playoffs winning first 6...

So not that bad

• Options
    Oh my god two games on the trot we've had more possession than our opponents.  When did we do that under Parky?  I know he was hamstrung by a Pardew midfield that couldn't dominate territory or tackle, but he was never able to change it in almost three seasons.  Countless players later and we dominate possession away from home!

Ain't signing battle hardened league one pros brilliant.
  • Options
    What pleases me most is how comfortable it was - 2 tough away games which we have deservedly won - it is looking good.
  • Options
    I know some where mentioning us winning our first 6 games 2 years ago, but this team just feels different...in a good way

we still reached the playoffs winning first 6...

So not that bad

It wasn't a bad season but throughout the season we never looked that convincing, this season so far (very early days) we sound alot better, plus we have no Brightons/Leeds/Southampton etc to deal with
  • Options
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but Sheffield Utd have also won their first 3 games.

And for those mentioning our 100% start two seasons ago - one big difference for me, is that that was against teams who ended up in the bottom 7 or 8.  (and let's be fair, the team who finished in 2nd place, only finished 2 points higher than us, so it wasn't a particularly bad season!  Anyway, that conversation has been done to death)
  • Options
    Well what aresult,too go along with the two other games so far this season.
    Just goes to show no matter how many seasons you have been following Charlton you still find it hard to understand just where the wins have come from.Well i do,but give Chris Powell credit he is under orders to get a job done this season and to date it appears he can not put a foot wrong.Long may it carry on.What ever happens we still come back for more.
    Keep the good work going its about time we had something to sing about.
  • Options

massive win and a clean sheet , fairplay and BWP got the goals he's deserved (hope he's working hard enough for the freak show that moan about his work rate)

20% autos 80 % play offs nothing else is feasible

Fug me, you feeling alright fella??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Just on the way back now. Very good win should off scored more.

Back 4 looked good esp taylor and morrisson who seemed to clear everything.
  • Options
    Bloody good result tonight, shame we couldnt have put a few more past them but can't have it all lol We have started well, but I dont think we should get to over excited, there are still 43 games to go, alot can happen, we could still even be fighting for relegation. I would wait until 20 games in before I start making end of season predictions.
  • Options
    Have no idea about the game, but I got a lot of puzzled looks and a whack of the Mrs when I started singing "He´s better than Shaun" when I was down by the beach earlier!
  • Options
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but Sheffield Utd have also won their first 3 games.

And for those mentioning our 100% start two seasons ago - one big difference for me, is that that was against teams who ended up in the bottom 7 or 8.  (and let's be fair, the team who finished in 2nd place, only finished 2 points higher than us, so it wasn't a particularly bad season!  Anyway, that conversation has been done to death)
    it was me what mentioned that great start two seasons ago, but you are right - the teams we were beating mostly finished bottom half at best

great start to the season & having listened/watched as much as humanly possible from this side of the world, we look much more confident & dominant

loving the front two Hayes & BWP - seem to be gelling well & this is a big difference from that first L1 season where we relied pretty much solely on Burton & Bailey for goals.
  • Options
    Back to the prem, opperation 2 year plan in action!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    On the way home now!
    Quality first half completely bossed it, second half wasn't the best but done well enough defensively, BWP and Hayes forming a quality partnership, waggy had a good game too, euell had the chance too make it three and can't help but think if it was bwp with that chance he would of netted it but what can you do, all in all quality win for us! Onwards and Upwards!
  • Options
    Should send out a message to the waiverers. Hope for  a good crowd saturdaty even though we;ll miss it as on hols!
  • Options
    Bradley Allen, who summarised the commentary, said it was the first time for many years that he has seen a good striking partnership with BWP and Hayes, last time being Mendonca/Hunt.
  • Options
    Although i've only seen us play Den Bosch so far, everything about this side seems right. Add the right big lump up front and pace at central defence and i'll be convinced we will go up automatically. Well done BWP and board, now please avoid the scunthorpe banana skin on Saturday.
  • Options
    how many did we have there in the end? great win