Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Keys and Gray hired by Talksport

Comments

• Options
    According to Robyn Schonhofer he's gone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Parry has left.

seriously? you can't joke about things like this - my world has been turned upside down if true.

Only ever listen to it for Parry
  • Options
    Am really shocked!

Derek Thompson was pushed last week from the breakfast show so something behind the scenes is going on!
  • Options
    God Gray and Keys are rights winkers.
  • Options
    Just announced Parry has left after asking to pursue other interests

Parry and Graham the funniest Radio show ever

poor showing by talk sport not to keep him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Just announced Parry has left after asking to pursue other interests

Parry and Graham the funniest Radio show ever

poor showing by talk sport not to keep him

I said to my mate the other week that one/both of them would end up on talk sport
  • Options
    Trouble is, Mike Parry was initially very vocal in speaking out against Gray & Keys whne this all first surfaced, so once they were offered their place at Talksport I imagine Parry felt that it was time to go - fair play to him!
  • Options
    He knows Andy Gray Paul he said on there that he has been out with him for dinner and got on well with him, I reckon its more to do with the time slot they have been given

Brazil said that Gray doesnt like him and they have never got on

They should have got the slot after Durham especially when matches were on wouldve been like Sky but on your radio.

there needs to be a bring back Parry campaign
  • Options
    Two fine post's that sum it all up for me.
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Rarely if ever listen to Talkshite so good place for them.

No doubt they will toss a coin to decide which one will argue black is white while the other argues white is black.

Meanwhile Liverpool fans from everywhere but Liverpool will ring in and argue about how great their Club is

Thats all Talk Sport is generally- Spot on H.
    [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]What Henry said. It still remains a mystery to me, even after all these years , what Keys actually knows about football.......................................apart,that is, from creaming a lot of dosh from it.

I always wondered what a Tv-am sidekick like Keys knew about football too.
  • Options
    Keys won't last - he's got nothing to say - Gray might, but losing Parry, and if Brazil and durham were to go, you'd be losing the wit and be left with the cliche pumps like Houghton and Alvin Martin - now you do have to be truly moronic to listen to much of their regurgitations.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    George Galloway
  • Options
    so let me get this right , talksport who sacked John Gaunt for calling a councillor a nazi are now emploing Richard Keys and Andy Gray , hmmm.

As for Parry , yeah he's a clown but I'd be gutted to see him go altogether , maybe they could reunite him with Brazil on breakfast and get rid of Irani or better still out him on in place of that no nothing numpty Darren "bert" Gough
  • Options
    As for Parry , yeah he's a clown but I'd be gutted to see him go altogether , maybe they could reunite him with Brazil on breakfast and get rid of Irani or better still out him on in place of that no nothing numpty Darren "bert" Gough

THIS
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sunbury-addick[/cite]As for Parry , yeah he's a clown but I'd be gutted to see him go altogether , maybe they could reunite him with Brazil on breakfast and get rid of Irani or better still out him on in place of that no nothing numpty Darren "bert" Gough

THIS

agree
  • Options
    he has gooooone no longer part of the set up
  • Options
    It's a shame about TalkSport. It used to be good when it was Talk Radio and even for a short while afterwards. Then they took the polarised-argument format too far, applying it in situations where it clearly didn't fit (see Henry's post) become totally obsessed with the Premiership above all other sports and employed a complete array of people with nothing of value to say (always saying it too loud). Now it really is just a puddle of shyte; a real apology for a once decent radio station. Bring back Joan Bakewell, that's what I say.

Best Talk Sport show ever: "It's round and it's white with Tom Watt". There was a guy who knew his football, could talk coherently, and despite being an Arsenal fan didn't limit his interests to just one division.
  • Options
    I would guess that Parry was pushed out and it's very sad. Disgraceful the way he has been treated there.

Durham alone must rake so much money in for TalkSport. Very very good at what he does.

My favourite show on there has to be Hawksbee and Jacobs. Brilliant stuff and very funny.

The morning change over between Brazil and Gray at 10am could be interesting.
  • Options
    Been going downhill since Jon Gaunt got the boot.
  • Options
    Parry and graham was absolutely hilarious.

Like two drunks rambling about every day stuff in a wayonly blokes could.

Gutted parry has gone truly gutted
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]It's a shame about TalkSport. It used to be good when it was Talk Radio.....
    ...never the same after Anna Rayburn was given the boot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Parry and graham was absolutely hilarious.

Like two drunks rambling about every day stuff in a wayonly blokes could.

Gutted Parry has gone truly gutted

Have to agree it had very little to do with sport, and Parry Talking about his 'lifestyle' used to really wind up Graham.

Although it could be tedious there were some excellent moments, of complete nonsense, Parry especially trying to get a rise out of the audience and Graham.
    Felt that they were at there best when not talking directly about sport, but the circus around it!.I actually quite like radio that is provocative, and does not follow the mainstream!, and Parry in his show was the mainstream.

Was unaware of it this morning, as I was playing cds, but did catch the show with Graham which did sound a bit sterile.

At least it had character, sad to see the 'Porky' go . And that is a rare thing in bland formulated radio these day's.
  • Options
    Parry was good when he was on the breakfast show , then he had his heart problems , and has not come back to it , would be a shame to see him go as he was quite funny , i don't think i'd heard / used the word numpty before Parry and Brazil.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]

Best Talk Sport show ever: "It's round and it's white with Tom Watt". There was a guy who knew his football, could talk coherently, and despite being an Arsenal fan didn't limit his interests to just one division.

Where did Tom Watt go?
  • Options
    still does bbc london football dosnt he? old lofty boy..

eastenders-character-lofty.jpg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]Keys won't last - he's got nothing to say - Gray might, but losing Parry, and if Brazil and durham were to go, you'd be losing the wit and be left with the cliche pumps like Houghton and Alvin Martin - now you do have to be truly moronic to listen to much of their regurgitations.

Unlike That tw*t Durham,Keys has a very good knowledge of all sports.

(All sports not involving women)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]Keys won't last - he's got nothing to say - Gray might, but losing Parry, and if Brazil and durham were to go, you'd be losing the wit and be left with the cliche pumps like Houghton and Alvin Martin - now you do have to be truly moronic to listen to much of their regurgitations.

Unlike That tw*t Durham,Keys has a very good knowledge of all sports.

(All sports not involving women)

I find Durham quite entertaining personally - Keys seems as dull as dishwater and he sounded like he was just trying too hard to impress the lads with his seemingly out of character sexist behaviour - bit of a pranet. I'm also only really inerested in the football and although 5 live is a bit more intellectual, i drift off when the cricket and athletics etc is being chewed over.
  • Options
    Andy Jacobs has been getting pretty wound up by it on Twitter.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]George Galloway

Even tough i dont like the man, If he was on would not turn it straight over as sometimes you have to listen to what the other side of the fence has to say even though it may be nonesense.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]It's a shame about TalkSport. It used to be good when it was Talk Radio and even for a short while afterwards. Then they took the polarised-argument format too far, applying it in situations where it clearly didn't fit (see Henry's post) become totally obsessed with the Premiership above all other sports and employed a complete array of people with nothing of value to say (always saying it too loud). Now it really is just a puddle of shyte; a real apology for a once decent radio station.

Good summary Stig.

have listened a lot to Talk Radio / Talksport over the years and the noticeable thing for me is as a station it has just tried too bloody hard to grow at too fast a pace, rather than organically. Good, varied presenters have gone to be replaced by more often than not, a shock jock and a ex-playing straight man. The only time it really worked was with Parry & Townsend when they stuck to sport, which had a good chemistry.

Parry is the only one of the traditional shock jocks that works for me. Remember driving along in stitches try to state that as goalkeepers are giants these days and the goals haven't got bigger, they should be blindfolded for penalties. All the others are just irritants.

Hidden amongst they're roster of averageness remain some excellent varied presenters; Ian Collins, Hawkesbee & Jacobs, Keith Arthur, Ian Danter, Sagers and Galloway. Of the ex-pros currently turning out, only real Alvin Martin and Ray Parlour do i find of interest. Quinn, Gough, Irani, Houghton bring nothing to the table, while Collymore was a decent change at first but is just too much on a frequent basis.
  • Options
    James Whale 10pm - 1am Sunday - Thursday was my particular favourite from the past. Sacked for political bias.