Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++2010/11 Takeover complete - Owners unknown, Michael Slater and Tony Jimenez fronting+++

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Everyone happier now? All of the rumour, counter-rumour and speculation all put to bed now? No? Ah well, that figures.

Come on, Off_it. How can it all be put to bed? Look at the questions Henry asked. All of them remain unaswered and it would be nice if they could be some time soon!

So all this cynical sighing, ''ah well, that figures'', is disengenuous of you.

The takeover is good news - even if we expect Dennis Wise to get involved at some stage soon. If I was a Brighton or a Huddersfield fan tonight, I'd be a bit worried and thinking ''well Charlton are going to buy one of the automatic places. That leaves just one place for the rest of us to scrap over''.

But all the speculation put to bed : how could that possibly be the case?
  • Options
    I'm...

confused!
  • Options
    right now for the important news

20% automatics 70% play offs 10% what a waste of time those new owners are we're still in this dogshite league
  • Options
    told u all tj defo involved also been told middle eastern connections defo involved 2 day .
  • Options
    Gotta say boogica told me this was happening over 3 weeks ago.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    They are fronting for some one/thing via Swiss banking law etc hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so as i dont know any more than wot i have read on here ,these are the thoughts ofthe Kidbrooke guru-- its Zeebel !!!! They wouldnt come back in for a club in the lower league --- not enough media inches (size is everything), they maybe couldnt come in anyway with the situation in Dubai-------------they wouldnt want sky high transfer for fees at our level being paid if it was known that they are involved-----------------------------------------------its Zeebel(or the people that were Zeebel).

If we get out of this league and we are where QPR are now -----------------and the reserve team is back ---------and the acadamy is full blast-----------------they come out of the shadows take max the full inches for the return of CAFC, hopefully about Feb next year.

well its as good as any theory about and has as much solid knowledge as the rest which is none.

I like so far what has been said by MS, it sounds good news to me.
  • Options
    For God's sake ia - do you have to take EVERYTHING so literally?

You may recall that I brought up the name Marcus Evans a few days back and referred to the way he aquired and runs Ipswich.

Incredibly naive of people to think that they will be fully in the picture from day 1 - or indeed will ever know anything. FFS, having just read this thread in one some people can't even seem to agree what words were used in the SSN interview - talk about only hearing what you want to hear.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]I'm...

confused!

Don't be. We're just obsessively fussing and worrying, conjuring up chimeras, looking anxiously for recognizable shapes in the clouds, and chattering deliriously. So everything's normal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]do you have to take EVERYTHING so literally?

That's usually the idea if you want to communicate what you mean!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To you, maybe.

I prefer the medium of thought transfer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]LOL

NSS always said you learn a lot from who you play golf with and as you said i was bang on and yet again i believe middle eastern connections are definately in volved and big money will be pumped in as for parky i feel he could be on borrowed time ?
  • Options
    Your the man son, always said you and me were one of the only few to talk sense on hear ;-)

OFF IT AND IA come guys lets be nice tonite its a good day for our club, Happy New Year guys.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]LOL

NSS always said you learn a lot from who you play golf with and as you said i was bang on and yet again i believe middle eastern connections are definately in volved and big money will be pumped in as for parky i feel he could be on borrowed time ?

jamie me old son you were spot on the money hats off sir i now just hope the 2nd bit you put out just then is spot on

you and the family have a wicked night tonight son and i will shout you an ale on bank hols against swindon

Jamie told us this news a few weeks ago in the nth upper in between calling francis a knut and laughing at benson
  • Options
    Someone has DEFINETLY hacked nss's account. The UN peacemaker role is clearly not his normal bag - or possibly even in his entire DNA.
    ;o)
  • Options
    this weed is the nuts ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    D been told lot of money involved feel parky could soon be on his way not his fault but the new owners will call the shots thats only what ive been told they want promotion ASAP.

LOT TO DO WITH WORLD CUP ETC.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]A few people have made reference to new owners paying off debts. I think this is a bit of a misunderstanding of the club's position - as far as I know the main liabilities are those to the former directors, which only fall due if the club reaches the PL again, and the mortgage on the north stand. It would make no sense to pay either off, unless you had to do so.

The reason investment is needed is because the club cannot pay its way in League One and cannot cut its costs to a point where it would break even. It needs someone to give it the financial clout to move forward and to compete when it regains Championship status. If and when it returns to the PL then there is an opportunity for the owners. Obviously if you can buy a PL club while it is in League One then you are likely to do well.

It's far too early to know what today's news means in the long term. People can be on the board and have no influence whatsoever, as was the case in the recent past, but you can and should cling on to Varney's involvement as executive vice chair as an encouraging sign. I think the chances of us escaping this godforesaken division in short order have increased dramatically and if nothing else I am delighted about that.

Read people. Our Airman is well connected and he speaks wisely (no pun intended)
  • Options
    can we have our score board back please?
    I miss it, although one that didn't break all the time would be nice.
  • Options
    They can feck off though if that poxy fish returns ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]They can feck off though if that poxy fish returns ;-)

Feesh!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]They can feck off though if that poxy fish returns ;-)

barnsey is back barnsey is back

a o a o
  • Options
    Typical, i spend the afternoon in bed trying to get rid of cold/flu and miss it all. As all we know about the new owners is they are based in Switzerland, where do we buy cow bells on NYE? All sounds like good news, hope we put on a good show tomorrow
  • Options

That's more like it big fella!

Time for another I think.
    ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Someone has DEFINETLY hacked nss's account. The UN peacemaker role is clearly not his normal bag - or possibly even in his entire DNA.
    ;o)

lol
  • Options
    Good news - the involvement of Varney and Murray.
    Good news - no stupid bombastic idiots running around The Valley promising European football in five years or anything like that.
    Not so good news - the uncertainty of where the final ownership lies. But this is day one of course.

What we need is a steady growth plan that has a proper strategy - which includes what happens if we don't go up. We are in an incredibly precarious position and need to slowly and sensibly grow our way out. A ward welcome to the new and returning corporate management team - if you're honest and straightforward with us we're a nice lot and good-humoured with it. We've had a place in the spotlight recently and are probably still a bit blinded by it but most of us know that it's not the despair you need to worry about but the hope. Happy New Year to you all and take care.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite].

What was that, Ray? I blinked and missed it.

:o)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    things will get better absolutely no doubt about it really do believe from what i was told today these guys are fronting this the bigger fish are in the background happy new year to addicks fans and especially all lifers ,but a big happy new year to NSS , NLA ,ROBBO ON THE THE WING, and to all who know me.
  • Options
    Back to ya mate