Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

South Eastern Trains! Usless !!

Sidcup to Charing Cross. Advertised journey time around 30mins.

This morning due to a sprinkling of snow and a broken down train at Bexley I had to go to Dartford, then via Blackheath for a grand total of a 3.5 hour journey.

Comments

• Options
    of course South Eastern ain't responsible for the tracks, signals and points
  • Options
    are they responsible for shutting all the barriers and gates and making a fair few hundred people exit through one tiny little gate? thas the one thing that peed me right off... i got a few people booing with me as we walked past the staff blocking our exit. why not just let the gates open rather than make us all even later. ridiculous scenes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Sidcup to Charing Cross. Advertised journey time around 30mins.

This morning due to a sprinkling of snow and a broken down train at Bexley I had to go to Dartford, then via Blackheath for a grand total of a 3.5 hour journey.

sidcup ?...why dont you move to London then...always amazes me when you yokels start moaning about public transport...
  • Options
    Yeah, splitting up the rail infrastructure was a stroke of genius. Means the service operator and the network operator can pass the buck back and forth. I still don't understand why it was privatised. We were told it was to introduce competition, thus spurring investment and keeping prices low. Where's the competition? If I want to get a train from Dartford to anywhere I have a grand total of 1 choice of operator. And it's really kept prices down too hasn't it!
  • Options
    Mate I got to new eltham this morning at 7.45 and no trains, so i went home and came back at 10am. No hanging around!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    That's a crap excuse.

I pay them to get me to work according to the timetable they themselves publish and they just aren't able to and a such a regular basis! I don't give a whether its the track or the rolling stock. I don't pay Network Rail!!

And then they have the temerity to increase the cost!! Fcking twats.

No wonder they lost their franchise!!
  • Options
    but didn't everywhere look pretty! :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    A good idea would be if all london train users boycotted work for the day in protest against the shocking train system.

The French cetainly would not put up with what we do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Sidcup to Charing Cross. Advertised journey time around 30mins.

sidcup ?...why dont you move to London then...always amazes me when you yokels start moaning about public transport...

Sidcup is London
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]but didn't everywhere look pretty! :-)

Not after 3 hours spent next to a bloke with dog breath, who kept yawning.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]are they responsible for shutting all the barriers and gates and making a fair few hundred people exit through one tiny little gate? thas the one thing that peed me right off... i got a few people booing with me as we walked past the staff blocking our exit. why not just let the gates open rather than make us all even later. ridiculous scenes.

Dunno, use the Underground, DLR and river services before I'll use the overground
  • Options
    LMAO
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]
    Sidcup is London

its kent...must be zone 27 at least...
  • Options
    Dan you do not sound like a happy Bunny this morning. :-)
  • Options
    Got to elmstead woods station at 8 this morning, 08:04 pulled in at 08:05, was at waterloo east around 08:30.

Splendid job south eastern, well done.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortain[/cite]Got to elmstead woods station at 8 this morning, 08:04 pulled in at 08:05, was at waterloo east around 08:30.

Splendid job south eastern, well done.

I hate you!!
  • Options
    Sidcup is London

Officially London.
    London is split into three major parts these days, Central London with postcodes WC or EC. Inner London which have postcodes like SE7, E14, NW8 etc and then Greater London which are the Greater London Boroughs Like Bexley, Bromley and Croydon.
    Sidcup is in the London Borough of Bexley. It is served by the Metropolitan Police. Yes it has a Kent postcode, DA something (DA for Dartford) but it is officially in London.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    I hate you!!

I even got a seat this morning too, which was nice.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    Sidcup is London

Officially London.
    London is split into three major parts these days, Central London with postcodes WC or EC. Inner London which have postcodes like SE7, E14, NW8 etc and then Greater London which are the Greater London Boroughs Like Bexley, Bromley and Croydon.
    Sidcup is in the London Borough of Bexley. It is served by the Metropolitan Police. Yes it has a Kent postcode, DA something (DA for Dartford) but it is officially in London.

This must be added to the " something I have learnt today post"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Greater London Boroughs Like Bexley, Bromley and Croydon.
    it has a Kent postcode, DA something (DA for Dartford) but it is officially in London.

sidcup, twinned with croydon...definitely not london then...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Im not Paul. The service is terrible......Just before Xmas I was late to work 9 days from 10 consecutive days due to delays and cancellations!! And was almost as bad on the way home as well.

Emailed them to have a moan and they told me that if I was delayed by more than 30min then I could claim back 50% of the cost of my ticket... 50 %. I just want them to run a proper service for crying out loud!!
  • Options
    I read somewhere train companies (TOCs) were split from the rails to break up the union power in the industry - when more sensible solutions were available like sell off inter-city and south-east commuting lines (making dosh) and subsidise or close regional lines. Splitting them up has led to three times as many accountants, engineers, surveyors all fighting over rail maintenance and renewal contracts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]are they responsible for shutting all the barriers and gates and making a fair few hundred people exit through one tiny little gate? thas the one thing that peed me right off... i got a few people booing with me as we walked past the staff blocking our exit. why not just let the gates open rather than make us all even later. ridiculous scenes.

Dunno, use the Underground, DLR and river services before I'll use the overground

but all those would add further expense and probably half hor of my time? Your constant river services comments, would dearly love to get the boat to work as i did when i lived in Hong Kong and sydney, best way to travel but from where i live would make no sense at all unless they made a charlton stop off. can you sort that one out please? thank you.
  • Options
    tell you what, stuck still on the way into work. would rather be on an overland train than a tube. at least you can see!

this morning we sat by hither green station for 15 mins, all the snowy trees!

imagine being stuck on the tube " hmm.. a brick wall"
  • Options
    do you like this weather Suze by any chance?!

btw, you werent on a train from Charing X last night were you?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]A good idea would be if all london train users boycotted work for the day in protest against the shocking train system.

The French cetainly would not put up with what we do.

There was a protest down in Devon on Monday I think. Appearently the service on one of the lines down there is so bad that they organised a protest where everyone refused to buy a ticket and when approached by a ticket inspector showed a "protest ticket" instead.

Don't know how it turned out, but it seems to be the only way to get train companies to take notice.

God, can you imagine the chaos they would be at Charing Cross, Cannon St, Waterloo and London Bridge if everyone did that in London!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]do you like this weather Suze by any chance?!

btw, you werent on a train from Charing X last night were you?

i love it!! :-)
    yes, about 20 to 7
  • Options
    thought it was you but carried on walking...sorry!

window seat opposite a rugged looking fella?!
  • Options
    stalker alert.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Could have SWORN dan's post had a few and in it.

LMFAO