Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks Players - The Valiant 988 - latest: V988 Kazenga LUALUA

Comments

• Options
    Thanks very much for the feedback @killerjerrylee , much appreciated.

V003 On your suggestion I've amended this to Abraham Goodman. This is consistent with Colin Cameron's Valiant 500 as well as the certificates you hold. I note that Michael Joyce, Football League Players records seems to be the source of the Bert/Albert thing. I'm not sure where I got the 'Kosher' nickname from but I never felt comfortable with it. I don't want to airbrush history, but it doesn't exactly seem a very pc term. Is see that it's recorded here: http://www.zen139857.zen.co.uk/GOODMAN_Albert_Abraham.pdf though I'm pretty sure that this wasn't a source when I compiled the list. I was interested to see that Goodman once received a prison sentence for theft. The Charlton Bad Boys XI is now spoilt for choice with the players who qualify for it.

V074 I haven't amended this at the moment. I am open to doing so, but would like to see your evidence as all the sources I have list him simply as Ford. I'd be interested to see your article, but as a boycotter I fear that I'm unlikely to for a while. I did a quick internet search and found that this website: https://www.oldscottish.com/innerleithen.html is offering a paternity decree for a Glassford Currie born in Innerleithen (Ford's place of birth) in 1887. At first I thought this would be our man, but then I had doubts because that would have made him 37 or 38 when he made his league debut - this seems a little unlikely. It could be his father though.

Screenshot 2019-01-11 at 00.51.00
  • Options
    Great work Stig,mad ain't it all them players we have ever had...,then look at the Chelski squad/player list & all them loaned out players,prob similar in number...;)
  • Options
    Stig said:

Thanks very much for the feedback @killerjerrylee , much appreciated.

V003 On your suggestion I've amended this to Abraham Goodman. This is consistent with Colin Cameron's Valiant 500 as well as the certificates you hold. I note that Michael Joyce, Football League Players records seems to be the source of the Bert/Albert thing. I'm not sure where I got the 'Kosher' nickname from but I never felt comfortable with it. I don't want to airbrush history, but it doesn't exactly seem a very pc term. Is see that it's recorded here: http://www.zen139857.zen.co.uk/GOODMAN_Albert_Abraham.pdf though I'm pretty sure that this wasn't a source when I compiled the list. I was interested to see that Goodman once received a prison sentence for theft. The Charlton Bad Boys XI is now spoilt for choice with the players who qualify for it.

V074 I haven't amended this at the moment. I am open to doing so, but would like to see your evidence as all the sources I have list him simply as Ford. I'd be interested to see your article, but as a boycotter I fear that I'm unlikely to for a while. I did a quick internet search and found that this website: https://www.oldscottish.com/innerleithen.html is offering a paternity decree for a Glassford Currie born in Innerleithen (Ford's place of birth) in 1887. At first I thought this would be our man, but then I had doubts because that would have made him 37 or 38 when he made his league debut - this seems a little unlikely. It could be his father though.

Screenshot 2019-01-11 at 00.51.00

I'll take a photo of the article for you.
  • Options
    Thanks very much Henry :smiley:
  • Options
    Ben Purrington becomes V872 today at Shrewsbury
  • Options
    Josh Parker set to be V873 today
  • Options

20 years since Martin Pringle made his debut (09/01/1999)

The only Charlton player I've shared a flight with (a Ryanair flight back from Gothenburg!)

Part-timer! Those of us on the Ancona charter flight came back with the full squad.
    Flew back from Dublin with the full squad to City Airport on the return of the '98 tour of Ireland.
  • Options
    We're at V873 but expect a few debuts tomorrow.

Numbers for two or more players making their debuts at the same time are allocated by order on the team sheet.

@Stig
  • Options
    Sorry, won't be around tomorrow - wedding anniversary.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Only 3 new players on the opening day is a low number when compared to recent season I'd imagine, helped by 3 signings (Amos, Purrington and Williams) having already played for us, Aneke being injured and several loan players still to arrive
  • Options
    Leko V877
  • Options
    Aneke V878 and one of under a dozen sub debutantes to also score.

Need to scroll back to get the precise numbers.

Should see a few more on Tuesday.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Brain numbed by tonight's game but think Bonne, Field, Quitrana and Ocran made their debuts tonight
  • Options
    Not sure if we've ever had a player called Junior but certain we've never had a Wilberforce.
  • Options
    Has Wiredu already made his debut?
  • Options
    V863 Brendan SARPONG-WIREDU, 14/08/2018, MK Dons, L.Bowyer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    V879 Macaulay BONNE 13/08/2019 L Bowyer
    V880 Sam FIELD 13/08/2019 L Bowyer
    V881 Junior QUITIRNA  13/08/2019 L Bowyer
    V882 Wilberforce OCRAN   13/08/Oggy Red said:
    V879 Macaulay BONNE 13/10/2019 L Bowyer
    V880 Sam FIELD 13/10/2019 L Bowyer
    V881 Junior QUITIRNA  13/10/2019 L Bowyer
    V882 Wilberforce OCRAN   13/10/2019 L Bowyer
    Think you mean 13/08/19, Henners.

Please correct your records accordingly.

Yours sincerely. :smile:

Only God is perfect.

Corrected, thanks
  • Options
    Thank's very much @rina, I blame all those people who used to call him Peter Parsley ;-). I've amended it now. Below is a new pdf version @Henry Irving. If anyone else spot any errors, please let me know. Cheers, Stig
    Excellent document which I've already saved as an Excel file. The scary bit is that I reckon I have seen nearly two-thirds of those players.
    The rate we're going with debuts, you'll have to have been around for only the past twenty seasons to have seen two-thirds of our players.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Thank's very much @rina, I blame all those people who used to call him Peter Parsley ;-). I've amended it now. Below is a new pdf version @Henry Irving. If anyone else spot any errors, please let me know. Cheers, Stig
    Luzon, Peeters, Robinson, Slade.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Excellent document which I've already saved as an Excel file. The scary bit is that I reckon I have seen nearly two-thirds of those players.
    The rate we're going with debuts, you'll have to have been around for only the past twenty seasons to have seen two-thirds of our players.
    Solly

Fortune

Robinson J

Gritt

Peacock

Hewie

Bartram

Smith N

Goodman

Mitchell J

A chain of 10 players at least one of whom has played at least one league match every season and links back almost to 1905 when the Club was founded.

Excellent,

Not sure it can be done in less than 11 players.  I might turn this into an article in the programme
  • Options
    V879 Macaulay BONNE 13/10/2019 L Bowyer
    V880 Sam FIELD 13/10/2019 L Bowyer
    V881 Junior QUITIRNA  13/10/2019 L Bowyer
    V882 Wilberforce OCRAN   13/10/2019 L Bowyer
    Think you mean 13/08/19, Henners.

Please correct your records accordingly.

Yours sincerely. :smile:

• Options
    V883 Erhun OZTUMER 21/08/19 L Bowyer
  • Options
    Hemed to become V884 if he comes off the bench today...
  • Options
    Hemed to become V884 if he comes off the bench today...
    Now confirmed.