Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Forest Green - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    obviously the team upset by the takeover talk.

Surely the board should have realised this would happen and not said anything. Another PR disaster
  • Options
    PARKY OUT!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]PARKY OUT![/quote]

seriously we lose one friendly with not our full team out and ppl start jumping on PP's back, give him a chance ffs!
  • Options
    Yep finished 3-1. Lets hope we put a stronger side out at Crawley and play better.
  • Options
    cheers for updates mike & sam, not the best result but only a friendly so results tend not to matter that much
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]obviously the team upset by the takeover talk.

Surely the board should have realised this would happen and not said anything. Another PR disaster

Its been a peaceful day Henry, i hope you're not trying to stir up emotions again? ;0)
  • Options
    disappoiting result and performance by accounts but forch played his first game in ages which is a big plus.

Interesting that Small played. A winger i know little about.. Rothmans says 25 YO from Croydon. Ex wimbledon, MK Dons and Wedsnesday. Would have played with Burton
  • Options
    More of a Charlton XI than anything that will resemble a proper first team (I hope). As such a day out for a few of the academy team and a chance for Fortune to get match fit.
  • Options
    Didn't Wade Small score a couple for Wednesday against us last year?
  • Options
    was that him? Nippy little player.

Would give us some width but which side does he play?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Didn't Wade Small score a couple for Wednesday against us last year?[/quote]

Not sure, but everyone else did ;-)
  • Options
    think he did. he can play either side Henry, would be quality signing!
  • Options
    Anyone else noticed the Nottingham Forest badge next to Forest Green on the official site?

No wonder we lost....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]PARKY OUT!

lol
  • Options
    Sack the board, get a petition going, protest in the West Stand car park on the 29th ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sam lloyd[/cite]Sack the board, get a petition going, protest in the West Stand car park on the 29th ;-)

Why ...... I thought the pot holes had been filled in ?
  • Options
    Just back from the game and we were totally woeful from start to finish! We were outplayed and outfought by the Conference team, who actually played very well. Their no.9 scored 2 good goals and was clean through with only Randolph to beat on another 3 occassions. Fortunately good tackling back and poor shooting saved us. And that was all before HT. LOL. Our number 5 (Brown?) had a shocking game & was substituted after 30 minutes. To be fair though, he was apparently suffering from a virus. Wouldn't say that any of our players were better than than their opponents today. We couldn't get into the game at all and we struggled to cross the halfway line in the 1st half. We got a little better as the game wore on and Fleetwood had a self created chance well saved, as did our little no.11 (god knows who he was). Spring & Semedo were totally anonymous & poor Izzy McLeod looked thoroughly lost playing on the wing.

Only a pre-season friendly, I know, but is's hard to describe just how shockingly poor we were. Nailsworth is a beautiful Cotswold town though & we had a lovely day out. Let's just forget the football!!
  • Options
    Randolph; Wagstaff, Basey, Brown (Mambo), Fortune (Clark), Semedo, Stavrinou (Small) (Bellamy)), Spring, Fleetwood, McLeod (Davisson), Dickson.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=34455

Was the little number 11 a starting player or sub?
  • Options
    Wagstaff played right back but we had a midfield of Semedo, Spring, Stavrinou and McLeod? Surely Wagstaff should have played on the right and Semedo or Stavrinou at right back? Or was that down to balance of wanting a more solid midfield because of McLeod on the left?
  • Options
    Nice bit of spin from the club. Poor result so lets change it to make it look like we played Nottingham Forest instead!! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quote by Henry Irving :-

"Interesting that Small played. A winger i know little about.. Rothmans says 25 YO from Croydon. Ex wimbledon, MK Dons and Wedsnesday. Would have played with Burton."

Small was the Sheff W player that ran and scored from the half way line at The Valley. Hudson could have stopped him, but I think he decided to wait for a bus instead.
  • Options
    He is a One in Ten

Goalscorer that is but apart from that doesn't set up too many goals. All pace and no end product. He's a recent era Charlton player.
  • Options
    Nice club. We were all made welcome in the Green man when we arrived after 12, and the Ashes ale went down well whilst watching the cricket.

Aaron Brown got ripped and turned 5 times before he was taken off after 20 mins. Totally out of his depth.

Spring was awful, and Fleetwood did next to nothing.

Young davidsson looked good when he came on, but with Mcleod, Dickson and Fleetwood all playing today, i'm serouisly worried from where the goals are going to come from.
  • Options
    How many Charlton were there ?

How many sausages did Sledge sell to CAFC supporters ?
  • Options
    I sat in the main stand with a few other Charlton. Would say there was 100 - 150 in the away end.

Not sure about the sausages, but a few cheese rolls and a couple of meat bakes went down well. Along with the beer of course.
  • Options
    Quote Scoham:"Was the little number 11 a starting player or sub?".

I think it was Davisson. He came on as a late substitute and looked like he could turn into a useful little player.
  • Options
    Bloody Aaron Brown trust me we can do a lot better.
    Saw him play for gills couple of years ago absolute sh!te my Nan can play better than him lol!

Pleased if Small joins though
  • Options
    Stubley-There are two Aaron Browns, honest! This one is the Reading version, not the one you saw playing for Gillingham. The one we saw this afternoon is worse, much worse, believe me!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red God[/cite]Stubley-There are two Aaron Browns, honest! This one is the Reading version, not the one you saw playing for Gillingham. The one we saw this afternoon is worse, much worse, believe me!

According to our OS it is the Aaron Brown who played for Gillingham.
  • Options
    This Aaron Brown is 6ft 5 at least. Released by Yeovil last season. Started his career at Reading.