Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

mentions of charlton in films or tv

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
discuss.

Comments

• Options
    I watched a documentry about Charlton Heston the other day. His Christian name was mentioned quite a bit.
  • Options
    love it.
  • Options
    I was watching an old hooligan film called 'The Firm' that was on some obscure cable channel the other night and noticed about halfway through when they went to a football ground it was Selhurst Park with a big Charlton badge outside the entrance bit, obviously filmed at the time of sharing. Cant remember if Charlton were actually mentioned or not.
  • Options
    Buster
  • Options
    Only Fools & Horses
  • Options
    strictly come dancing
  • Options
    Used to get mentioned very briefly on Match of the Day.
  • Options
    Big Break
  • Options
    Mastermind.

Not that many got answered :-)
  • Options
    "Notes on a scandal"
    Dame Judi Dench plays some mad lesbian teacher and about half through the film says something along the lines of " My, grandfather was a Charlton Athletic supporter and that never gave him any joy"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    judi was right.
  • Options
    Dr Who when Sylvester Mcoy was playing the timelord..he's then companion Ace was a Charlton fan
  • Options
    Dirty den in stenders when he walks in queen Vic " empty tonite, seen more at a Charlton home game".
  • Options
    generation game when jim davidson did it.after the playoff final he had the team on. Also said "make mine a Mendonca" (treble)
  • Options
    Up For The Cup (70s talent show). Jim Bowen represented Charlton and was runner up. Was disappointed later when I found out he supported Blackburn.
  • Options
    Derek Hales' picture used to be on the back of the classroom wall in Grange Hill.
  • Options
    Brush Strokes
  • Options
    Discussed at length before on here - Dear old Brucey on Strictly Come Dancing to John Barnes, resplendent in a silky yellow shirt. 'John did tell me it's not the most embarrassing shirt he's ever worn - he played for Charlton Athletic.'
  • Options
    Wasn't there a story about the original opening credits of Eastenders starting at The Valley, supposedly at the request of Michael Grade? Not sure if it's true or not.
  • Options
    Wolfie Smiths(power to the people) girl friend used to have a CAFC scarf on her wall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Londons Burning had a subuto match between CAFC and Millwall
  • Options
    The Valley appears on Eastenders at the start and and at the end.
  • Options
    A fifties film called The Love Match

Link

Taken from the Stuart Leary website - well worth a read for those of a more mature age.
  • Options
    TT
    edited March 2008
    clive owen played a charlton supporting detective who was losing his sight in the cracker style tv show 2nd sight a few years ago
  • Options
    I was trying to remember the name of that old film Bing.....had some cracking scenes in it around the Valley. That Clive Owen program was such a load of cack...was a bit embarrassing.....I remember the Firm too...was good seeing our logo on their ground.....
  • Options
    It was called Second Sight, T. I remember it too.
  • Options
    the firms on tonight.
  • Options
    There's a car expert, can't remember his name, but he's mentioned Charlton a few times on his show, he might work on that 5th gear?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]the firms on tonight.[/quote]

quality, what channel mate??
  • Options
    film 4 eleven o clock.