Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cribbage

I like to play, one of my favourite card games. Does anyone know of a good free online site to play against each other? Would anyone be interested in playing? 

Comments

• I love playing 'crib'....not done so for about 10 years though....but would be interested in playing.....after some practice of course!!
  • http://www.cribbageonline.net/

this is all I have found so far, problem is unlike the Chess one we have to be online at the same time to play, it doesn't seem very busy either which could be a good thing.
  • 15/2, 15/4 and a pair is 6 .. 2 for his heels , impossible to score 19 ..
  • that's the one
  • never heard of it
  • get online and we'll give it a bash if you like .. I suppose I had better sign up and get myself a funky CribName
  • mem'ship on cribbageonline.net is $2.99 a month
  • maximum hand is 29
    you can play for free on there just can't set up tournaments etc
    you can play for free on there just can't set up tournaments etc
    let's have another butchers 'ook
  • Sponsored links:

• Great game. Used to play against my Grandad. He was awesome and usually used to stitch me up just before the end.
  • i will be in for a game 
  • used to play crib on yahoo games.

it was free but not sure if you can set up tournaments.

• aahhhh reminds me of me Dad............was the last man to win the trophy at the Corner Pin in Crayford before it changed hands........jesus, I can't remember the proper name of the pub???? It's the one on the corner of Bexley Lane & Crayford Road. The Bear & Ragged had the trophy in there for a bit........gawd knows where it is now.

Nice to know people still play it x
  • bump for phoenix
  • cheers, mate :) (and it's Siv, btw)

er...yeah... ecribbage.com seems to be by far the best place to play online...it's free and it's great!
     I play a lot in China (I live in a place where there isn't much to do with your spare time :)

AM now in the US and have been visiting local cribbage clubs...all good fun

I just ran into a post by mr. Irving today that mentioned the idea of a CL cribbage tournament

I think it would be a great idea

I like Poker

but...am crazy about Cribbage
  • until recent law changes, cribbage and dominoes were the only games that could be played in pubs for cash in the UK
  • used to play a lot with grandad and family at christmas 
    1 for his "knob"
    see one play one etc

• er...yeah... ecribbage.com seems to be by far the best place to play online...it's free and it's great!
     I play a lot in China (I live in a place where there isn't much to do with your spare time :

Thank you I have joined this one same username as on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• My uncle Rob Toogood sells cribbage boards In his shop Compendia in Greenwich market if anyone needs one. He is two shops down from big Charlton fan Mick Gebbit's shop Hide All.
  • is there a way of setting up private tournaments on there Siv?
  • Used to love playing as a kid. Still got a crib board in a cupboard somewhere.
  • edited August 2011
    hi Sadie

no...not really

will suggest that to the guy that runs the site though.... he is very approachable

how would we wanna do the tourney?

the Americans favour a system where everyone plays 9 games (against 9 different opponents). You get 2 points for a win and 3 for a skunk. Games won is the first decider if points are tied, then points spread (like goal difference:)

alternatively, we could do a knock-out system.... like best of 3 or best of 5 head to head......but that would mean people play less games before being out (and only one opponent)....and would be less easy to get an even playing field (it would be ok if we got 8 or 16 or 32 players...but any other numbers and some people get byes)

- - - - 

in the absence of a proper site that helps you set up tourneys we could just post match ups on here, with a kind of deadline. People then go into ecribbage and play at their leisure, then post results back in here

alternatively we could arrange to all meet same time/same place in ecribbage and battle it out all in one session

both would work ok

and I'm happy to help out in getting it all set up... I love this stuff :)
  • I am usually busy sorting out the poker so would prefer it if someone else like yourself would arrange the tournament in cribbage, personally I prefer the league style tournament
  • right....

me too....

playing nine opponents means you get to play different people, instead of just one

anybody else got any opinions on this?

any other players out there?

Have noticed a general trend that people learned as a kid (often from parents/grandparents) and haven't played for years....
    sound familiar to anyone?
  • for 9-game tournament style, we could actually get it done in about 2 - 2.5 hours on the same day

...or...we could do it slowly over a week or so
  • for 9-game tournament style, we could actually get it done in about 2 - 2.5 hours on the same day

...or...we could do it slowly over a week or so

we couldn't do it all in one night/day as many people on here have demanding jobs and don't have that much free time, also we have to consider other factors such as time differences. best thing I think is to ask how many people interested in playing a tournament and then try and work out convenient times etc. 

may I also cheekily add as you said you like poker check out the CL poker schedule :-))
  • hahaha

I know...it's great.... (poker ting)

for now...I'd be much more into getting a CL Cribbage tourney going....even as a one-off (at first)..... time differences need not be an insurmountable obstacle.....

but.....you are right...much easier for people if it is spread out over time (the only danger then is that some people don't play it through to a finish)
  • fancy a game now?