Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Decent out the way family pubs

edited July 2011 in Troubleshooting
Anyone know any family pubs that have a nice beer garden that isn't a million miles away?

Comments

• A million miles away from where?
  • Might be handy if you told people where you are. There's a nice family pub on Balgownie Road if you're in Aberdeen.
  • Alright alright lol

Dartford/Greenhithe way

Cheers
  • Fighting cock in horton kirby has a great garden. Swings and all sorts
  • How far is that B from Dartford way?
  • About another 15 min drive from dartford I would guess. If someone is driving but worth the visit.
  • edited July 2011
    Few nice pubs in farnbrough only 15 mins from dartford , or farningham only 5-10 mins nice pub with little lake can't think of the name tho .
  • Farningham  - pub on the river - large garden. Could combine with a trip to Eagle Heights.
  • When the sun shines no better pub than The Blacksmiths in Cudham. Fabulous food and a great spot. Bar staff Charlton fans.l
  • When the sun shines no better pub than The Blacksmiths in Cudham. Fabulous food and a great spot. Bar staff Charlton fans.l
    Agree with Lord Masicat - good pub, nice garden, good food (although food not all day if I remember correctly - 12-3pm then 7pm-9pm)..

• Sponsored links:

• The pub in Farningham on the river is The Lion, you also have The Pied Bull which is slightly further along the road with a nice beer garden.

Funny was talking about that pub yesterday. Love it. Cudham is one of my favourite places...tiny park/ sports ground but lots of good memories as a kid of there.
  • The Plough at Eynsford.

• Cheers people
  • Definitely recommend The Fighting Cocks. Garden is great for kids if the weather's fine and food is excellent...especially the locally made pie of the day !

However, you'd be advised to book in advance.

• The Bull in Horton Kirby is nice too, as I recall? Certainly very good beer.
  • +1 for The Fighting Cocks.  Great food in there.
  • Dartford Massive be wary of the other side of the WJ King roundabound - if you must come over to our side please remove your gold chains, burberry caps and reebox classics.  Behave in a civilised manner and please do not throw Big Mac wrappers out of your Range Rover Sport on the way back.  Many thanks ;-)

• The pub in Farningham on the river is The Lion, you also have The Pied Bull which is slightly further along the road with a nice beer garden.
    Recommend the Pied Bull for food. Bar menu is nice and restaurant menu even better. Not hideously expensive either. Also it's frequented by bikers, so only the suicidal start any trouble in there.
  • I am the manager of The Blacksmiths Arms in Cudham! Best pub around!!! Great food and fabulous gardens. Not too far at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Masicat we must of spoken before...
  • I am the manager of The Blacksmiths Arms in Cudham! Best pub around!!! Great food and fabulous gardens. Not too far at all.
    Back in the dark ages I played against Cudham Wyse cricket club and had the odd beer in there as a consequence
  • THEMCA

Very recently. The girls behind the bar know my sons Jack and Sam. 
  • You shouldn't tar all range rover sport drivers with the same brush, but then I don't live in dartford, have gold chains or reebok classics
    There was one of these parked in Oxleas woods on sunday morning with a very Charltonesque number plate, was it you?
  • Mine is, white, regularly parked in the car park at The Blacksmiths !!
  • AMJCAFC said:

The pub in Farningham on the river is The Lion, you also have The Pied Bull which is slightly further along the road with a nice beer garden.

Went to The Lion for lunch today and the kids played in the river for most of the afternoon. Absolutely gorgeous setting and some really nice grub.

Not entirely sure about their queuing system though, but we got there early enough for it not to matter.

• LenGlover said:

I am the manager of The Blacksmiths Arms in Cudham! Best pub around!!! Great food and fabulous gardens. Not too far at all.
    Back in the dark ages I played against Cudham Wyse cricket club and had the odd beer in there as a consequence

So did I play there once. I can't remember if I was out second or third ball to make the score 0 for 1.
  • Went to the Fighting Cocks today. Was obviously very popular as every table inside was booked up, but they only do limited food in the garden and they were making people drink out of plastic glasses, so overall was a little bit disappointed.

Went on the The Lion in Farningham after, which is still really nice - although rammed.