Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

muppets

edited June 2011 in Troubleshooting
Popped on the cpfc bbs forum (shows how bored i am at the moment. Used to look on it a fair bit when we were playing them regularly) and low and behold, smack back in the middle of page 1 of the general palace discussions, they have another thread, 10 pages long trying to convince themselves that we aren't their rivals and we are irrelevant to them. Now for me, Palace are a long way behind Millwall when it comes to wishing bad results etc (and even then it's only a mild bit of amusement really) but they really are ludicrous. Who do they think they are kidding and when will they realise how ridiculous they are?

Comments

• Saw that the other day. not a single charlton fan had posted on it when i looked yet there was pages and pages rambling on about some minor lesser team with the majority pretending not to care yet putting the effort in to read post and then argue the toss. it will always be amusing! even their own fans (albeit a minority) have twigged that those saying they don't care are deluding themselves!
  • What annoys the hell out of me more than anything is that as Charlton supporters we are not asking them to hate us back, simply put... they are scum for what they did to us in the late 80's and thats why we hate them. Therefore they are OUR rivals and if they want to attempt to take the moral high ground then good for them but its quite comical as the size of our club is quite something in compairsion to their club.

And just to throw another spanner into the works, they are a club who couldn't shift 2000 tickets for Millwall away, yet they always sell the 3000 at the valley?

And another thing....

Has anyone ever known a club to have such a "cyber support" The twitter feeds, and forums are always lively when it comes to palarse. But why do their fans never show up to home games? 12,000 average gate? Pffft.

• But why do their fans never show up to home games? 12,000 average gate? Pffft.
    Because Selhurst is a shit hole?
  • So you started a thread about Palace to take the piss out of them for having a thread about us?

• This argument gets a bit boring really. There's plenty of CPFC fans who don't like us. And theres plenty of CAFC fans who don't like them. And there's some on both sides who don't really care either way.

• Gutting !

I thought we were going to discuss Gonzo (Not Sorondo) et al.
  • Jarman. What exactly did "they do to us" in the 80's ?
  • Jarman. What exactly did "they do to us" in the 80's ?
    I thought they saved us ;-)
  • So you started a thread about Palace to take the piss out of them for having a thread about us?

i was waiting for somebody to say that - congratulations, you win first prize in the predictability race.
  • I must admit that since the Sellout days, Palace has moved to my no1 most hated club. I try to hate Millwall as much but just can't although I do still dislike them intensely. They say they don't hate us but it is more of an inferiority complex they have IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fozzy Bear

i was waiting for somebody to say that - congratulations, you win first prize in the predictability race.
    I knew you were going to say that.
  • Fozzy Bear
    i'd say they were more like Beaker
  • The Swedish chef
  • Nah,Grover,the bin dweller
  • Well i thought i'd wait for a nice topic to break my duck and there's none better than a bit of Nigel bashing. Jarman says he hates them for what they did to us in the eighties. Well i can go back  to Oct 9th 1965 when i visited the dilapidated place for my first ever away game. Spending a total of about 5 hours on a 122 and 75 bus to watch a 0=3 defeat left a nine year old from Eltham scarred for life. I couldnt face the next two seasons games there, but come January 1969 and the FAC replay i was a mad thirteen year old and that night has been etched in my mind since .Not only did we beat them 2-0 it seemed like we had all the ground. Shame they went up and we finished third. More reason to hate them. Then the seventies. Malcolm Allison and his stupid hat, the team of the eighties,{ yeh alright.} and so the list goes on.
    But one thing that has really puzzled me in all my 55 years on planet Charlton is that ive only ever met about five of their fans in normal everyday life.Ive worked and been pals with dozens of guys from almost every London club but rarely have i met one that supports CPFC.
    I hope youve all enjoyed my little rant.
  • Welcome Acab
    Can I call you Acab?  :-)
  • I went to school in Bromley. 80% of the lads there who were interested in football supported Palarse. The remainder supported the big clubs and then there was me and another guy who supported the Addicks.

I have always had a healthy fan dislike of all things Palarse. Then I got married and my brother in law and his family are all Nigels. We wind one another up as you would expect.

What I find hard is when the sentiment goes beyond banter and becomes bitter and nasty. Yes we are all tribal - shame some have to go further. Before anyone says it, those Palarse pr*cks who attacked ordinary fans including youngsters are beneath contempt. Most are decent fans like us, just partisan.
  • agreed. I know very few and i really don't blame them for anything in the eighties - they didn't want us there any more than we wanted to be there but it's natural to havea  rivalry with local teams and there childish claims that we mean nothing to them are pathetic. That was the point of my post. It doesn't matter when or how infrequently you look at one of their boards there will always be a long thread trying to convince themselves and anybody (ideally us i guess) that may be looking that we are not a rival. The more they do it, the more ridiculous they look and it just cements the one thing that most dislike about them - they generally come across as being up their own arse and somehow think they are more intelligent than the pikies or knuckledraggers they pretend to look down on. The reality is they are a nothing club, from a nothing area who weren't even on the radar before the 70's and therefore traditional rivalries had already been established. They are however well worthy of a dislike if for nothing other than they can generally be summed up as being a bit c*nty.  
  • Sponsored links:

• We're their rivals end of.

Also I live in the area and no palace fan has EVER been able to explain why they hate Brighton, they just go 'I dunno but I hate 'em still'.

Sums the cnuts up really.

Also I live in the area and no palace fan has EVER been able to explain why they hate Brighton, they just go 'I dunno but I hate 'em still'.

Well two reasons that I can think of.  Geography - Croydon is on the Brighton railway line. The other reason was to do with Mullery. Didn't he go to Brighton after being involved at Palarse?

The best I got was 'something to do with something that happened back in the 70's'