Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Defoe to Arsenal

edited June 2011 in Rumours
Mate was at the emirates earlier to day when Defoe came out. My mate and his boy went up to him to get his autograph when asked what he was doing replied going on holiday I'm gonna need it my mate replied you signing for arsenal then and he smiled and said gotta go. After all these years it good to see that he still has no morals or any loyalty.

Comments

• I doubt Spurs fans will be too bothered by a striker who scored 3 goals last season leaving to their rivals in fairness.
  • injured for nearly 3 months and never found a run of form.

think he is a good goalscorer when fit and would be a good signing imo.
  • If true, it's exactly what Arsenal need.

Good player, puts his foot through the ball and is clinical.
  • Not bothered in the slightest if he goes.  Have been really disappointed with him since he resigned from Portsmouth.  The way we are set up to play now, he doesnt fit into our system anyhow.  Just hope that means we've got a top quality replacement lined up.
  • If true, it's exactly what Arsenal need.

Good player, puts his foot through the ball and is clinical.
    and another massive player to compete for headers?!
  • Seems to be some truth in this move as well.

The below comes from the normally reliable ITK threads on one of the Spurs boards:

"Been in Vegas on a mates stag do this week and happened to meet Jermain Defoe, Tom Huddlestone and Ian Wright.

Talked in length with JD on the roulette table and he is actively
    looking to leave and even mentioned joining Arsenal. Says hes in his
    peak age wise and needs to be playing, said he never got fully fit
    because HR didnt pick him even if he scored! No reserves meant he got no
    games to pick up sharpness after injury. Very annoyed about it too.

HR doesnt want him to leave but wont guarentee him football. His agent
    was also with him and said hes investigating interest and we should find
    out in the next 2 weeks when hes back from holiday. Spurs also looking
    to do business early as they are aware what happened in the last window
    annoyed the fans."

So there you have it.  No smoke without fire.
  • Can I be the first to say I hope Carl Jenkinson eagerly leaves his 8 studs in during his first training session?
  • edited June 2011
    Just what Arsenal need. Another inconsistent striker. He'll fit right in alongside Bendtner, Chamakh and van Poosie. Isn't it about time the short-sighted started signing defenders above the quality of the Swiss Sunday leagues?
  • Van Persie isn't inconsistent, he's a top quality player but is too injury prone. I hate Defoe but I could see him doing quite well at Arsenal, he's an Ian Wright type of striker and he did alright for Wenger.
  • I like the way this is being discussed as if there's a shred of truth in it
  • Sponsored links:

• 18 in 17 games since Jan 1st is hardly inconsistent?
  • I like the way this is being discussed as if there's a shred of truth in it
    The real world is so crushingly dull and predictable though.
  • The fact that he gets injured all the time, and barely plays half a season is the very thing that makes him inconsistent. If he'd played full seasons most of his career and scored 20-25 goals a year, he'd be consistent. Until he sorts out his glass ankles, he'll be inconsistent.
  • They deserve each other arogantTwat in a team ot them supported by em,thats just their good points.
  • Defoe playing for arsenal in a charity game tomorrow, maybe thats why he was there.
  • The fact that he gets injured all the time, and barely plays half a season is the very thing that makes him inconsistent. If he'd played full seasons most of his career and scored 20-25 goals a year, he'd be consistent. Until he sorts out his glass ankles, he'll be inconsistent.
    And the fact that that he's a c**t.
  • Fact is only all-season he has played when he's scored 1in2 was last year.  Generally starts off in a blaze of glory, then peeters out.  Is a great player when all is well and the pressures off, usually come a gritty february evening he's lost form.
  • Well, he's no Darren Bent.
  • I doubt he would think twice about signing for the arse as he is a mercenary....however i also doubt he would get the moeny he thinks he is entitled to at Arsenal because of their strict wage structure so its a non-starter
  • defoe to arsenal lol.

no chance and also darren bent to arsenal no way.

i think arsenal should sign rossi

• Sponsored links:

• defoe to arsenal lol.

no chance and also darren bent to arsenal no way.

i think arsenal should sign rossi

Welcome d_bent25
    Or is it welcome back?
    I am enjoying your ideas on who we should sign.
    But I think Rossi is contracted to Ducati at least until the end of next season.
  • Giuseppe Rossi will not be going to Arsenal, they would not pay 25million Euros +
  • I think Arsenal should look at Gyan the main center forward at Sunderland and probably get him .

About 10-12million i am going on

• I think Arsenal should look at Gyan the main center forward at Sunderland and probably get him .

About 10-12million i am going on

Over-rated...
  • no really
  • Yeah I can see Sunderland trading Gyan for a loss when they have one striker in their squad
  • But what if the player wants to join Arsenal.

And why not champions League football.

I think next season Arsenal will come 5th

• Rossi is going to Barca.
  • Defoe going to Arsenal was mentioned on TalkSport this morning.