Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ryan Hall - Another one we miss out on

Bromley player who was on trial with us and played a reserve game or two a while back

Signed for Southend provisional on them having their transfer embargo lifted.

Comments

• decent player at Bromley's level and should be able to step up to league footy. Will watch how he gets on with interest. Scored a cracker against Wimbledon a couple of years back which left me laughing for hours!
  • Ryan Hall? .......sounds like a stately home.

Is he the ex-Palace winger sacked because he wanted to go to Fulham, but failed his trial or something?
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Is he the ex-Palace winger sacked because he wanted to go to Fulham, but failed his trial or something?
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/championship/2305114/Crystal-Palace-youngster-reveals-Fulham-move-to-millions-on-Facebook-page.html
    Do you mean him in the above link? Ashley-Paul Robinson, announced his trial at Fulham over Facebook. Now playing non-league, was at Bromley at one point.
  • Ah, yes ......I confused the two players.
    Thanks for that, Scoh!
  • Ryan Hall was the one who got in a spot of trouble for attacking someone with a pipe at a goals five-a-side centre!
    Enjoyed watching him at Bromley. He certainly stood out. Don't know if he would've been right for us just yet though. The one to look out for at Bromley is Harrison Dunk, young 18 year old left back who has a great future. The word at the time was that it was intended for Dunk to play in the trial match Ryan Hall played in. Dunk was suffering from injury at the time so Hall was sent along instead. I'm sure we'll be having another look at Dunk this season if somebody else doesn't get there first.
  • It remains to be seen that we have missed out on him. Maybe he wasn't deemed good enough at the time, for one possible scenario.

Another, is that we've spent a lot of money on hopefuls, over the past few years, who didn't come good, & maybe the board decided it may be one 'experiment' too far.

Maybe he has improved(I certainly hope his temper has!), but there is no guarantee he is going to be a success(& that would include him breaking into the 1st team, becoming a regular, & holding his own in this league, not necessarily becoming a superstar). Good luck to him though, except if he plays against us.

Who else have we missed out on though? You've made it sound a little bit like we have been bereft of new talent in this transfer window, or that we have had precious, potential talent ripped from our grasp. (I mean recently, not a Defoe-like mugging)
  • Apologies Stefco, you are quite right.

I was being sarcastic as normally such signings by other clubs are greeted by hairpulling and groans that ''we've missed out again''
  • Have any Bromley players gone on to 'make it' over the e
    years, Welling have had a fair few.....
  • edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Apologies Stefco, you are quite right.

I was being sarcastic as normally such signings by other clubs are greeted by hairpulling and groans that ''we've missed out again''

Like Smalling, Turner et al you mean. But who needs £20 million plus eh?
  • edited July 2010
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]

I hope you're also being sarcastic about Turner...
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]

Whooooooooooooosh
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Have any Bromley players gone on to 'make it' over the e
    years, Welling have had a fair few.....

Only one I can think of is Sam Wood who played for Brentford against us last year.

I'm a bit of a JCL regarding Bromley and they have also been playing at a much lower level than Welling for most of the last 30 years.
  • Ryan hall ws sacked by palace for beating up a ref during a five a side tournament at Goals with a pipe. Seems as good a reason as any to sack a footballer! Quite glad we didn't get him, looked good at Bromley when I've been down there lately but after shipping out some 'undesirable' characters, I wouldn't want a player like Hall undoing that good work.

Dunk looks good, reminds me of Sam Wood when he was down at Bromley. Wood won brentfords PotY season they won league 2 and altho scored an own goal at the valley last year, was a regular for them last season. Interesting fact: Harrison dunk was captain of england public school boys team. Shouldn't have any attitude problems with him then!
  • Damn Henry you beat me to the Sam Wood reference by about 2 minutes :(
  • [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]Damn Henry you beat me to the Sam Wood reference by about 2 minutes :(

But yours was more informative.

Did Wood score an OG at the Valley? I remember him playing FB and getting torn apart by Sam but not an OG.
  • Sam cocked up a back pass for our first goal vs Brentford. I presumed it was a thank you to me as I sang his Bromley chant to him as he left the field after the pre match warm up
  • Gareth McLeary currently at Notts Forest is another one from Bromley.
  • I thought the first goal was an own goal, though may have been him handing one on a plate. Certainly wasn't his finest hour.

Mcleary has done better than I thought he would. Didn't look anything spectacular to me when at Bromley
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]

Whooooooooooooosh

I was being ironic of course. In those days we had no need for kids coming through the ranks and subsequently purchased for peanuts the likes of Faye, Trajore, Walton etc etc quickly making a decent profit on our investments.

Which is why we are where we are today. Looking to develop kids funnily enough because we have no money to do little else. Not complaining though because that is what I've paid my money to Valley Gold (since the scheme's inception) to do.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]Ryan Hall was the one who got in a spot of trouble for attacking someone with a pipe at a goals five-a-side centre!

Blimey, a smoker as well. We're well off out of that deal...
  • "Ryan Hall - Another one we miss out on"

Henry was right... Hall made 39 starts and 9 sub apps for Southend, scored 9 goals and got 18 assists.
  • @scoham
    What was his disciplinary record like?
  • Just got the stats from the FL site - http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/Discipline/0,,10794~201010444~26,00.html

4 yellow cards, gave away 1 penalty
  • He was also jailed for assault and affray in March after the clubs Chruistmas Party last year when someone 'said' something to him - nice! He later appealed and the case was dropped for some reason even after he had initially pleaded guilty to everything.......... Attacking a ref, affray, offensive weapon - do we really want him?
  • Didn't know anything about that. Still it's interesting to see one of our former non-league trialists actually make an impact in the FL.
  • I know that he has a child, around primary school age. He must have had the child when he was 18 or 19 or so.

:D

• He was also jailed for assault and affray in March after the clubs Chruistmas Party last year when someone 'said' something to him - nice! He later appealed and the case was dropped for some reason even after he had initially pleaded guilty to everything.......... Attacking a ref, affray, offensive weapon - do we really want him?
    The case wasn't dropped.  He appealed and the sentance was reduced  to 12 weeks suspended and 150 hours of
    unpaid community work.
  • Didn't know anything about that. Still it's interesting to see one of our former non-league trialists actually make an impact in the FL.
    Name me any others?
    Name me any others?
    There's been quite a few, Moses Ademola, Sean Canham and James Mulley a few I remember in the last few years. All still in non-league (though Mulley is with AFC Wimbledon, so could be in League 2 next season).

We had Leon Legge on trial when Pardew was here, one of the few that has done well, he's now with Brentford.