Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Americans are not stupid

Comments

• Funny for the stupidity of the individuals interviewed but I bet more than a few people on the streets of the UK would struggle with the same questions.

A lot of Americans are very well educated and very smart, some aren't.
  • lol ... very amusing ... but worrying as well
  • The most intelligent people I've met have all been American.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]The most intelligent people I've met have all been American.

You've met me and I'm not American (well 1/4th sort of).
  • Worked with a copmany whose staff even in the UK can be up to 60% Yanks,on a set subject they would be up there with anyone in the World take them away from that set subject they can be stunningly stupid. Ifound them good people to work with and on the whole very good hearted and helpfull.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]The most intelligent people I've met have all been American.

Yep, this country has got its own fair share of planks. Anyone ever walked down Erith high street?!
  • Can I just point out that this is in the "Fun, Jokes & Captions" section?

I worked for the Ford Motor Company for a while and I agree with Goonerhater - they're good people to work with. Having been over there though, if you watch their news a large proportion is devoted to local issues, a smaller proportion is devoted to national issues and an even smaller proportion is devoted to international issues. Couple that with the incredibly small number of US citizens who have passports and it is no surprise that they can't locate other countries on a map.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]The most intelligent people I've met have all been American.

You've met me and I'm not American (well 1/4th sort of).
    I must have only saw the other 3/4s!
  • [cite]Posted By: addick16[/cite]sink

Why?
  • Sponsored links:

• Yep, many yanks are pretty poor on geography.

But, given the sales of certain magazines in this country (e.g Nuts, Zoo, Hello, Heat) I don't think we can boast of being a nation of geniuses either....
  • edited February 2011
    Ah, bless.

In fairness, if I were to ask my sister and her two daughters most of those questions they'd be equally as clueless yet they are all earning a very good living in the banking industry thank you, so what does that say about us???

Keeping it lighthearted, we were talking about the remake of Hawaii 50 in the office the other day when when of my colleagues pipes up, "Where's that set then?". Much pee taking and questioning her about Miami Vice, LA Law, CSI New York, etc for the rest of the day...
  • edited February 2011
    Bankers are a load of idiots? Trust me I know... I am one.
  • Do the French have a word for "Entrepeneur"? (oh sorry that was only one American)
  • edited February 2011
    No real mystery why the banking crisis and subsequent meltdown happened then really is it after your comments Blinkant/BA?! ;-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: addick16[/cite]sink[/quote]

Compared to some of the things on here, it's good to see a bit of light heartedness. Why would anyone
    want to sink this?
  • [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: addick16[/cite]sink

Why?

lol, Addick16 is a fully fledged Yankee Doodle Dandy (but we won't hold that against him :-) )
  • Think addick 16 is american and no doubt embarrassed.....you get sunshine and baywatch we get jacqui smith and traffic wardens. Fraid its only fair to let us have this one.
  • I can't this video is doing the rounds again. I saw it around the time of the Iraq invasion.

It is funny though. There is another called "The English Are Not Stupid", so we shouldn't mock completely.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't get the thread title at all, some of the dumbest people I've met have been American.
  • I like Americans. I've been to the states a few times and always found rhem to be very friendly and interested in where you come from, once you have informed them your not Australian.
    It is usually when you meet them away from there own country, I mean on holidays, that they come across as arrogant twats.
  • [cite]Posted By: E=mc2[/cite]Intelligent?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpw_9FFhfHI

That's a link to the same tv programme extract (only without subtitles)?
  • lol. Me stupid - Jumped the gun I think.

But do they actually know - what they vote for in elections?
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]The most intelligent people I've met have all been American.

Yep, this country has got its own fair share of planks. Anyone ever walked down Erith high street?!

There's still a high street in Erith?

[cite]Posted By: Blinkant[/cite]

Bankers? ... I am one.

Booooooooo!
  • Sent it to my boss, an American, anyone need an accountant?