Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Obscure toy of the 80's

edited January 2011 in Not Sports Related
Myself & a few people at work were discussing toys of the 80's. Somebody said they had different coloured plastic transparent discs that you could slot together. A few of us can remember them, but no-one can think what they were called. Can anybody help, because my brain hurts trying to get the name of them!

Comments

• Close, but no cigar! Right idea, but they were just plain see-thru plastic.
  • Spirograph?
  • Yeah, they were kind of like flat lego. Can't remember the name though.
  • Not sure what they were called in the 80's but they're OCTONS now and you can still buy them.
  • edited January 2011
    Tazos
    Tazos have been released in several different formats, ranging from the original circular disks, to octagonal disks, and in later years, to resemble more of a collectible card. In additional to the traditional game, some Tazo series feature small incisions around the outside, allowing players to fit them together and build things
  • Neither of them, sorry. It wasn't a game. You just connected them and build and create stuff!
  • is it a space hopper?
  • edited January 2011
    Clink-a-link?

http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=88257&d=1193199151
  • Sponsored links:

• was it not somrthing like spiro blocks??
  • Rubix cube?
  • Does anyone remember the game where you had 2 castles and you had to build a wall round it to protect it?
    You then had weapons like a catapolt and crossbow to knock down the wall and crush the castle!

My son would love that game now!!!

Cheers in advance!
  • Terry, that was called Crossbows and Catapults. Loved that game. Think I've still got mine at my parents in the loft somewhere...
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]Does anyone remember the game where you had 2 castles and you had to build a wall round it to protect it?
    You then had weapons like a catapolt and crossbow to knock down the wall and crush the castle!

My son would love that game now!!!

Cheers in advance![/quote]

I had that, health and safety probably wouldnt allow that in this day and age mate :(
  • JohnBoy

Thats the kiddie!!

Don't want to sell it to me do you?
  • THATS IT!!!!!!!

Of to ebay I go..LOL