Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• Options
    Havent been on here and posted for a while! Whats all the excitement about? ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]NEW SKYBET ODDS

Palace: 1/25
    Charlton: Betting closed!

Not on the Skybet site i'm on.

Howe Evens
    Wise 3/1
    Curbs 8/1
    Waddock 8/1
    Coleman 10/1
    Hasselbaink 12/1
    Bar 16/1

Hasselbaink has gone down from 16s. Who's betting on that? surely not!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Havent been on here and posted for a while! Whats all the excitement about? ;)

NOTHING MUCH TBH
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]millwall involved nla?

not from what i have heard mate no
  • Options
    Howe is not moving!

He is using Charlton and Palace to sweeten an extended contract deal.
  • Options
    I think Howe really wants to stay at Bournemouth and is using this as leverage to get an increase in his wages and more transfer funds from his Chairman and will only leave if he cannot get what he wants.
  • Options
    FMA you beat me to it.
  • Options
    fancy palace have him now expect by half twelve this to be fact
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Looks like Eddie is doing himself no favours with some of the Cherries now, in fact a growing number of supporters from all 3 clubs sounding a bit miffed .
  • Options
    I don't think Howe is that type of bloke to be honest.

He clearly has a lot of love for Bournemouth and is a legend down there, you saw the emotion in his press conference. Unfortunately for him Bournemouth are having to sell players rather than buy so there really isn't too much future for him down there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Once SSN last night said that they had news on Eddie Howe and Charlton and then said he is one of 5 we are looking at i said to the missus thats him out then,

I really hope we had made that decision last night and had moved on we are obviously shopping in the same store as Scum, and now Pboro and Burnley and we need to get to the tills first this time

Agree. No idea what Howe is going to do but the more I think about it the more I agree that CAFC had moved on yesterday, hence the leak of the short-list.

Don't blame him for playing us and Palace off against each other to get more dosh. Who hasn't done that in their work? I know I have. It's a risk mind and if you push it too far you seem too mercenary and could end up with nothing at all.

Then again he was reported as having asked Harry Rednapp for advice so should we be surprised?
  • Options
    The longer this drags on the less I want him to join the club. If he hasn't jumped at the possibility of taking this club forward then he can go to Palace for all I care. I don't want him bribed into joining Charlton as manager.
  • Options
    If CAFCPOLO says prepare for disappointment I suspect he isn't coming. He's been in the know on this one.

Nothing we can do and idle speculation just adds to the confusion
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/citeThen again he was reported as having asked Harry Rednapp for advice so should we be surprised?

And one of our new owners is a friend of the Redknapps!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/citeThen again he was reported as having asked Harry Rednapp for advice so should we be surprised?[/cite]
    [cite]

And one of our new owners is a friend of the Redknapps!!![/cite]

One of those we know about or one of those we don't? ; - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/citeThen again he was reported as having asked Harry Rednapp for advice so should we be surprised?[/cite]
    [cite]

And one of our new owners is a friend of the Redknapps!!![/cite]

One of those we know about or one of those we don't? ; - )
    Both probably
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Once SSN last night said that they had news on Eddie Howe and Charlton and then said he is one of 5 we are looking at i said to the missus thats him out then,

That was my conclusion as well, NLA.

In fact, I wrote at 10pm last night:-

"That's new , isn't it - the idea that we have a shortlist of six? Presumably it has been fed to SSN as a bit of news management to head off any disappointment when we don't get Howe and we can claim we always had plenty of other irons in the fire...''

Good to know that our new spin doctor Tony McGarahan is already earning his corn !
  • Options
    I only hope the board have been sensible enough to have interviewed more than 1 candidate already and have not pinned there hopes on this one man. Lets say a plan b (something parky never had)

This is running too long now as we need a manager quick to bring more players in.

Personally if i was Howe i would stay and finish the job i started, rather than go to a side a division above that are relegation candidates or one that is 3 places and 5 points below in the same league.
  • Options
    If we give Howe the job then i'll back him but i personally think it would be a massive gamble. Now Gary Johnson is in the market I think we should go for him.
  • Options
    I thought Bournemouth were skint?

I wouldn't be happy if my manager was playing off two other clubs to get a better deal for himself & a promise of more cash for players, when the Club have little cash.

I'm going off this geezer. AFKA hit the nail for me. If he's not delighted to have been offered our job then he doesn't really want it.

Move along now.

ABW!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]I thought Bournemouth were skint?

I wouldn't be happy if my manager was playing off two other clubs to get a better deal for himself & a promise of more cash for players, when the Club have little cash.

I'm going off this geezer. AFKA hit the nail for me. If he's not delighted to have been offered our job then he doesn't really want it.

It's a good point. But whether he can get a better deal for himself & a promise of more cash for players, I'm not sure.

If his one beef with Bournemouth is that he hasn't got any money to bring players in during the window to reinforce their promotion push, and he has now managed to double his own salary, he may just have reduced his already miniscule transfer budget to absolute zero!
  • Options
    The guy Neil Meldrum at the Bournemouth Echo who has been running this live blog, following Howe about from training ground to Dean Court via various cafes, reporting what he had for lunch etc, announcing false press conferences, and generally doing the most to create this crazy Raol Moat style live update, has now declared its all got a bit silly !

you gotta laugh.
  • Options
    I got fed up on there tbh all seemed slightly weird
  • Options
    Statement imminent....
  • Options
    I've met Neil a couple of times
  • Options
    Solent sport saying strong rumours we've pulled out. Well done if so - this has got ridiculous.
  • Options
    I'm bitterly disappointed it looks like he's not coming to us and am surprised by how many people think it's a "good" thing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]The guy Neil Meldrum at the Bournemouth Echo who has been running this live blog, following Howe about from training ground to Dean Court via various cafes, reporting what he had for lunch etc, announcing false press conferences, and generally doing the most to create this crazy Raol Moat style live update, has now declared its all got a bit silly !

you gotta laugh.

I did indeed - out loud, too, when I just read your post, AFKA.

Absolutely priceless. Biggest 24 hours of this guy's career (Meldrum, not Howe, that is), so can't blame him for milking it. He had 1200 people following what Howe had for lunch yesterday and he now thinks he's the south coast's answer to Jeremy Paxman !
  • Options
    I think the fact that we haven't announced someone else could still mean Howe may come to us. If he was out we may have dropped hints of someone else.

It will happen soon enough. I'd rather the club take a little longer now than appoint someone incorrectly. Look at our recent track record - people been shoved in to the job talmost for the sake of it. Les Reed!! Parky didn't win any of his 1st 8 games & got the job....