Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Latest: 10.09am day two: Echo sources in south London claim Charlton have cooled interest in Howe and Palace also said to be wavering.

I like the PR. Both getting their excuses in early :-)
  • Options
    Looks like he is going to palace (according to the reports)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]How can we 'cool' interestest 45. Mins before HE makes a decision.

Xant believe CAFC don't know one way or another by now and in which case should state hes not coming.

Seem a bit of a circus now

Good point.

Oh well we'll find out soon enough. As AFKA says plenty of other options out there if it turns out not to be Howe to CAFC but not closing the book on him quite yet.
  • Options
    We can state that Howe is not coming when it has never been made public by Howe,Bournemouth,CAFC that he was ever going to be offered the job.

We need to focus our attention elsewhere this must have been going on since Thursday?friday last week and is not condusive to pushing us forward

So whos out there

Johnson
    Houghton
    Tisdale
    Wise
    Hoddle
    Curbs
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Latest: 10.09am day two: Echo sources in south London claim Charlton have cooled interest in Howe and Palace also said to be wavering.
    Are the Echo's scources reliable - remember they though we were calling press conferences/issueing statements, etc, yesterday and none of it was true.
  • Options
    Peacock, Powell and Matthews anyone? :)
  • Options
    "Echo Sources". How much does he get for every hit on his soppy blog? How does Mr Echo Blog know what is going on in South London when he is too busy updating his blog evcery three seconds with bollox.

I give up.
  • Options
    He's a really good manager by the looks of things. Shame if he goes to Palace but not the end of the world.

1st choice Curbs, 2nd Howe/Houghton, 3rd Johnson
  • Options
    I was 100% certain that we had already lined the next manager up before Parkinson was sacked.

I'm a little bit shocked that we didnt to be honest.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]
    The only things we have learnt for sure this week is the Parky has gone and no one else has been appointed yet.

And that Wise was not lined up to come in once Parkinson was out of the door.

yes, you were wrong about that as well. Kept telling us Jimenez was coming and Wise was bound to follow. Told you it wasn't true last year.

: - )

Wrong about that ''as well''? As well as what?

If you look it up, I reported a week into the process in early December that Peter Burrowes had told me it was Jiminez, but that there was no formal role for Wise!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]Peacock, Powell and Matthews anyone? :)[/quote]

Ill take the anyone option.

THIS NEEDS TO BE A DRASTIC CHANGE AT THE CLUB!!
  • Options
    Keith Peacock is alright but Bernard Matthews knows nothing about football... and I think hes dead anyway...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]I think of the three clubs involved in the love triangle we are the only who have not made any public statements about what is happening. There is lots of speculation........

Good point, Kigelia.

Here we are on page 25 of this thread, mainly guesswork and drivel - and even some posters saying they don't want him here because he has taken his time making a decision that impacts on so many people (supporters not included).

But that's all speculation..... even the media are just throwing in wild guesses; they don't know either.

However, one entity has been silent. That's CAFC itself.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]I was 100% certain that we had already lined the next manager up before Parkinson was sacked.

Agree with the above.
  • Options
    Unless you are in the real Clique and then you do know about Howe ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]We can state that Howe is not coming when it has never been made public by Howe,Bournemouth,CAFC that he was ever going to be offered the job.

We need to focus our attention elsewhere this must have been going on since Thursday?friday last week and is not condusive to pushing us forward

So whos out there

Johnson
    Houghton
    Tisdale
    Wise
    Hoddle
    Curbs
    O'Driscoll, though that seems unlikely.

Ferguson jnr

Keith Hill at Rochdale
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]I was 100% certain that we had already lined the next manager up before Parkinson was sacked.

Agree with the above.

Thirded
  • Options
    If the sacking was a knee jerk reaction to the swindon game then how could we have someone lined up?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: robert[/cite]If the sacking was a knee jerk reaction to the swindon game then how could we have someone lined up?[/quote]

Oh come on, it wasnt knee jerk, they obviously watched how crap we had played for at least the last 2 years, sorry 2months.

Swindon was just a rubber stamp.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2011
    Parkinson sacked = old news, get over it. We are looking for a new manager now!

There were a lot of rumours yesterday about Tony Adams entering/leaving The Valley. Can anyone substantiate those claims?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Keith Peacock is alright but Bernard Matthews knows nothing about football... and I think hes dead anyway...[/quote]

This made me LOL (i'm down with the kids me, LOL)
  • Options
    Slater had expressed disappointment with the Brighton result, wanted to see gates increase, so seeing the fans leave in droves at the Swindon game might well have been the last straw.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]Parkinson sacked = old news, get over it. We are looking for a new manager now!

There were a lot of rumours yesterday about Tony Adama enering/leaving The Valley. Can anyone substantiate those claims?[/quote]

Yeah bringing Deon with him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]Parkinson sacked = old news, get over it. We are looking for a new manager now!

There were a lot of rumours yesterday about Tony Adams enering/leaving The Valley. Can anyone substantiate those claims?

Were there? Where were these rumours seen/heard then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]Parkinson sacked = old news, get over it. We are looking for a new manager now!

There were a lot of rumours yesterday about Tony Adams enering/leaving The Valley. Can anyone substantiate those claims?

Were there? Where were these rumours seen/heard then?

They were on a couple of Charlton Fan facebook pages, the Holmesdale Palace page and a few other forums/rumour sites.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    yeah right 4th June 2010
  • Options
    LOL check the date