Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2010/11 Ashes thread

Comments

• Options
    mate great call fella can sit here and watch it instead of working ;-)
  • Options
    and another one bites the dust

we aint going to win this one
  • Options
    Bell needs to bat above Collingwood in the order at the very least.
  • Options
    and the bell has rung we aint going to make 200

where has it all gone wrong ???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]and the bell has rung we aint going to make 200

where has it all gone wrong ???

Aussies have a bit of self belief back, we are going to struggle big time unless we get a bit of fire in our bellies when we bowl soon.
  • Options
    this match is still very much in the balance, so not too concerned yet.

australias tail end helped their score big time....ours didnt. wacca is such a bowlers ground that if we can take a couple of wickets before the end of the day we are still in with a great shout.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]this match is still very much in the balance, so not too concerned yet.

australias tail end helped their score big time....ours didnt. wacca is such a bowlers ground that if we can take a couple of wickets before the end of the day we are still in with a great shout.

see this is why i dont get cricket i think we have played badly and are fooked and you then tell me this and i start to believe you again

bloody stoopid game
  • Options
    Truth is 81 is a big lead however the WACA is known to have big second innings scores, whether that is still the case with the relayed square is another matter. What we do know is that we have to bowl brilliantly to stand a chance.
  • Options
    We've got a wicket.

Australian collapse coming up :-P
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]We've got a wicket.

Australian collapse coming up :-P

Ponting's gone!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's the score
  • Options
    Clarkes gone

64-3
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]this match is still very much in the balance, so not too concerned yet.

see this is why i dont get cricket i think we have played badly and are fooked and you then tell me this and i start to believe you again

bloody stoopid game

lol. mate, the thing with cricket is there is so many factors involved. As the game goes on, the conditions change day by day. nothing is ever a forgone conclusion in test cricket, thats why even though its a pretty slow game played over five days, it can keep you on the edge of your seat.
  • Options
    Watched the game today. One thing that angered me was that stupid umpire having words to James Anderson about his bickering with Michael Clarke! Has this umpire played cricket? This is the ashes for goodness sake!!! Providing they don't take it to the streets, it's good hard cricket with a bit of sledging and mouthing off, nothing wrong with that!!!!!
  • Options
    At Brisbane England turned round with a 220 run deficit, and scored 517/1 in the second innings, I'm not saying they'll do the same here, but it would be welcome...

The Aussies really shouldn't complain about sledging.
  • Options
    Well after the euphoria of the 2nd test we have been brought down to earth with an abject batting display and the four bowlers policy being shot to pieces by the unwillingness to use the worlds number two bowler Swann, if it was not a pitch to use him on then he should nit have been selected. peterson went
    back to form. Overall from a winning position we lost it because the Aussies wanted it more than us, they were focussed and added back the snarl to their game. The only positives we have are that Tremlett bowled well and that whilst Pontin broke his finger he is expected to be available for boxing day, given his lack of runs that is a bonus.

An interesting perspective from Lee Dixon was that the WAGS came out last week & Anderson did his parental dash,both taking focus away from winning the match. I thought that was an interesting comment. One of Swanns tweets was that he had been sitting for either 30 minutes or 90 minutes waiting for his wife to choose a pair of shoes not really the focus we would be looking for.
  • Options
    Could not agree more Kap 10. Why change a winning formula? No wives, they were smashing the Aussies. Wives out here, the English lost. Not saying it was 100% because of that but hey, as I say, why change a winning formula?
  • Options
    In the nicest possible way I never listen to what Lee Dixon says on football and will pay even less to what he says about cricket.

Allowing Jimmy Anderson to go home after Adelaide was a mistake, there's no way he could be ready to bowl with the right level of intensity after flying back to the UK, staying 48 hours and then returning.

England have won ever won one Test at Perth and that was in the days of Kerry Packer when the best Aussie players were absent, and there's a reason for that - although the wicket isn't as fast as it once was it still bounces high off a length and notbaly the best batsman in the match was Michael Hussey who plays his domestic cricket there. The other stand out performers were Mitchell Johnson who also plays for WA and Ryan Harris who doesn't, but has been Australia's best bowler to date in the series. England simply didn't bat anywhere near well enough, against the swinging ball in the first innings too many got across the stumps and fell LBW, in the second innings they stayed put and inevitably edged to slips playing at wide deliveries. By contrast I didn't see Hussey play at wide deliveries - keeping the bat straight and pulling when the ball was short. Nevertheless Australia scored less than 600 runs in total and around what they scored at Adelaide. They got thumped then, but England's batsmen turned up on that occasion.
  • Options
    Agree with much of that BFR.

The most important thing is that England dont panic, and go back to doing the basics well in both Melb & Syd where the conditions are much more to their liking.

Personally I would make the obvious switch of Bell & Colly in the order, and if we were in the position of needing a win in Sydney probably dropping Colly altogether in favour of Monty so that we had a more balanced attack.

Bowling wise you would have to say that Finn looks knackered, and I reckon that Bresnan could be a good man to bring in for the last two tests. I never really rated him, but then watched him closely in Hobart and he really impressed me with both his strength and accuracy - he would also bolster the batting as well.

Don't be fooled by the Perth result, the Aussies still have a lot more problems than us, and on flatter pitches I still think we will prevail with a bit to spare.
  • Options
    No one else watching?

England drop Finn for Bresnan, Aus unchanged.

England win toss and insert.

First couple of overs were dross from us. Then we hit our straps.

Aus 39-3

Punter failed yet again.

80k+ crowd, could raise to 90k.

Simply one of the best days sport, Boxing Day at The MCG.

TMS on normal 5Live tonight for one night only.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Australia hanging on for dear life, Clarke looks out of touch and if England can get Hussey we'll be through to the tail before lunch.
  • Options
    Mr Cricket is OUT! 58-4
  • Options
    Every captaincy decision Strauss has made is coming off...
  • Options
    Rain stops play.
  • Options
    Perfect delivery too - pitching on middle and off, swinging away and Hussey did well to get an edge.
  • Options
    Fabulous session. I'm done for the day though.
  • Options
    I'm watching chirpy, just logged on and turned on the box, unbelievable mate!
  • Options
    Brother just texted me from the MCG: "HAHAHA - Mr Cricket - Mrs Cricket more like. Lots of plum-faced Aussie pricks getting unhappier by the minute"
  • Options
    well chuffed, but i was at the perth test, and it didnt end well! Hussey was the key. Need this rain to piss off!