Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comedians you Like/Hate

Like: Eddie Izzard , Peter Kay , Frank Skinner , Tommy Cooper.

Hate: Johnny Vegas ( i dont get him at all) , Eddie Murphy ,Sandra Bernhard.

Take it away!

Comments

• There is only one comedian worth his salt ... Stan Boardman ...

Anyone remember his performance down the Valley :)
  • Love Reg Hunter and Frankie Boyle.
    Really like David Mitchell and Tim Vine/Stewart Francis (suspect they are the same person)

Too many to mention in the quality bracket - those you mention plus Armstrong and Miller, Andy Parsons Steve Coogan Ricky Gervais Richard Herring

The rise of stand up comedy over the past decade or so is fantastic.

Detest Little Britain with a vengeance
  • Like: Richard Herring, Sean Lock, Mark Watson, Russell Brand and Jack Dee

Hate: Roy Chubby Brown, Russell Howard.
  • [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]Love Reg Hunter and Frankie Boyle.
    Really like David Mitchell and Tim Vine/Stewart Francis (suspect they are the same person)

Too many to mention in the quality bracket - those you mention plus Armstrong and Miller, Andy Parsons Steve Coogan Ricky Gervais Richard Herring

The rise of stand up comedy over the past decade or so is fantastic.

Detest Little Britain with a vengeance

Frankie Boyle's column in The Sun is hilarious. Check it out if you get the chance.
  • Frankie Boyle is a cut above the current crop IMO. Also like Sean Lock (seeing him in December).

Simon Anstell - garbage.
  • Have loved (not in that sense) Stephen K Amos since he absolutely destroyed my ex millwall supporting brother in law.

Cannot stand Mcintyre.
  • Cheers Beds
    Havent bought a paper for 20 years - will see if I can access online.

Saw a show at Up The Creek a while back with Miranda someone on the bill. Excruciatingly unfunny

Top draw at the moment Armando Inanuci and Chris Morris Andy Hamilton fella who writes for shows such as Outnumbered, as is Hugh Dennis
  • I have always liked British comedians, but found american comedians generally somewhat lacking to my sense of humour.( although there are exceptions like Bill Hicks)

There is a good book, or TV series out there to be made.
  • Hate: Al Murrey; pub landlord, Ricky Gervais, Russell Howard (just not funny), Frankie Boyle, Jim Davidson,

Like: Vic 'n Bob, Tommy Cooper, Milton Jones

I err towards the surreal.

There are many more but I couldn't list them all.
  • Alan Pardew is quite funny
  • Sponsored links:

Cooper, Vic n Bob, Connolly, Les Dawson, Al Murray, Sean Lock, Izzard (had a beer with him on way back from Normandy, top bloke), Richard Pryor.

Dislike
    Les Dennis, Russ Abbott, Chubby Brown, Ben Elton, I could go on.....
  • adsads
    edited September 2010
    rich hall, dylan moran, billy connelly, rhod gilbert, arthur smith, larry david and rich fulcher

cant bear the gavin and stacey berks, alan carr, graham norton, lily savage, phil jupitus and stewart lee
  • Good: Kat Williams, Ricky Gervais
    Poor: Dane Cook
  • Like Doug Stanhope - played here recently, gutted I missed his show!
  • Marcus Brigstocke is very good. Like some of Richard Herring's stuff but can be a bit hit and miss. Ross Noble is a genius. A bit left field but I also recommend the scottish falsetto sock puppets (essentially a comedian with sock puppets) very funny if you get the chance to see him/them. Also Steve Delaney (as Count Arthur Strong) is really funny.

Not really keen on Peter Kay personally.
  • rich hall, that one-liner guy , kevin bridges

dont really dislike many
  • edited September 2010
    Love: First and foremost Bill Hicks, then Stuart Lee, Milton Jones, David Mitchel, Rhod Gilbert, Eddie Izzard, and of course the classics of Les Dawson, Tommy Cooper, Morecombe + Wise etc.

Hate: Of the newer lot Russell Brand, Alun Cochrane, Gina Yashere and Lee Nelson (have never seen or heard him say anything remotely funny ever). Of the old school Mark Lamarr, Jerry Sadowitz, The Diceman (remember him?), and of course Bernard Manning.
  • Glad to see a few people mention Russell Howard, he just isn't funny. Mock the Week isn't the same without Frankie Boyle.

Gina Yashere and comedy should not be mentioned in the same sentence.
  • Never seen a funny woman comedian tbh
  • Like: Lee Evans, Michael McIntyre, Jason Manford

Dont dislike many
  • Sponsored links:

• Like:
    Monty Python, Simon Amstell, Reg Hunter, Frankie Boyle, David Mitchell, Sean Lock, Steve Coogan, Milton Jones, Two Ronnies
  • Like:

Jon Richardson, Jimmy Carr, Stewart Francis, Milton Jones, Frankie Boyle, Stewart Lee, David Mitchell, Steve Coogan, Ricky Gervais, Jason Manford, Dara O'Briain

Dislike:

Jo Brand, Jim Davidson, Lee Nelson (only because he called me a bell end)

Tbh am easily amused and love going to comedy gigs, even though I am sometimes an easy target if near the front.
  • Lest we forget . . . .
  • Four Candles
  • Like: Eddie Izzard, Rich Hall, Dylan Moran, Bill Bailey, Lee Hurst
  • [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Like Doug Stanhope - played here recently, gutted I missed his show!

Oakster are you UK based?

Doug Tickets: London
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Like: Richard Herring
    On at the Greenwich comedy festival next week!
  • [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Like Doug Stanhope - played here recently, gutted I missed his show!

Oakster are you UK based?

Doug Tickets: London
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Like: Richard Herring
    On at the Greenwich comedy festival next week!

Unfortunayely not - he played my home town in Canada a few weeks ago!

Forgot to add Bill Bailey - very funny & a musician ogf the highest calibre!
  • Love 'The Now Show'.
    Their podcasts are unmissable.
  • edited September 2010
    Peter Cook, Dudley Moore, Steve Coogan, Peter Kay, Alan Carr, Eddie Izzard, Ardal O'Hanlon, Will Ferrell in the + section.
    That dark haired guy that looks like an over-nourished Pierce Brosnan who prances around with a ridiculous voice, don't know or care what his name is! Russell and Jo Brand in the - section
  • like: Lee Evans, Jeff Dunham, Jack Dee, Jim Davidson (most of the time), Reginald D Hunter, Chris Rock and Monty Python

Hate: Russell Brand, Johnathon Ross, Billy Connolly, and Jo Brand