Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thierry Henry

Has left Barcelona for MLS in the USA, a country where handling the ball in football is acceptable.

Comments

• Henry left Barcelona to play in Harrison, New Jersey.
  • First game is likely to be against the Spuds!
  • Giving himself a couple more years of paychecks at the end of his career. One of the best players I have ever seen live at the Valley.
  • The best player i have ever seen at the Valley. Good luck to him!
  • [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]The best player i have ever seen at the Valley. Good luck to him!

Well, I said one of the best - I'd put a few other players in the same bracket - Christiano Ronaldo, Alan Shearer (I'm joking!)... I'm struggling now, but I'm sure there were a couple of others!
  • Giggs
  • Giggs is the best I have seen, Henry was not far behind but what he did last year against Ireland will forever tarnish his great reputation.
  • I never remember the opposition, who they anyway?

But I do remember Paulo di Canio in our red shirt, the sublime Claus Jensen, Parker, Darren Bent .......how far do you want me to go back? ....... Eddie Firmani, Len Glover - and a myriad of very good Charlton players in between!
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I never remember the opposition, who they anyway?

But I do remember Paulo di Canio in our red shirt, the sublime Claus Jensen, Parker, Darren Bent .......how far do you want me to go back? ....... Eddie Firmani, Len Glover - and a myriad of very good Charlton players in between!

I nearly had Paulo in my list, but the single best thing I ever saw him do was not at the Valley but at the Welling friendly at the start of what was supposed to be his second season with us. He was running when he received and controlled a ball from over his right shoulder - magic!
  • You'd struggle to see a better overall performance than Cronaldo's sadly. I'd also recall Viera and oddly Wiltord looking amazing against us.
  • Sponsored links:

• The season Arsenal went unbeaten, Thierry Henry was simply unplayable. He was a breathtaking footballer that season. Remember watching him take apart Inter Milan in the San Siro.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Giggs

dont say that out loud to Ollie he will flip out
  • I bet the Irish living in New York will give Henry a warm welcome!
  • speaking of Wiltord, currently a free agent...