Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congrats Pompey

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Really great game, Spurs were poor but Pompey were excellent. Would love them to beat Chelsea in final.

What a season for FA Cup upsets: Leeds, Reading, Pompey etc

What about Northwich Victoria ? :-)
  • Options
    certainly would be great to see avram get one over them in the final.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]One-off matches aren't the best way to judge whether a team is 'good enough to stay up' or not. I'm sure Wigan looked pretty good when they beat Chelsea this year, same goes for Burnley's win over Man United.

Congratulations to Pompey, and best of luck to them in the final.

not really just on yesterday, seen them a bit on tv over the course of the season and they always seem to carry a goal threat whilst playing decent football.

Yeah, but they'd still be bottom even with the 9 points added back on. It's a rubbish Premier League season, in my opinion, so I know what you're saying.

Lol Ketman
  • Options
    without all the off field grief grief and the freedom to play like a team under normal circumstances im sure they would have amassed way more points, the -9 points was just a way of the FA saying in jan, "your not staying up so dont bother trying". the crazy thing about the final now is that they will prob have to leave out dindane because it triggers a clause in his contract that pays his ex club more money than winning the cup. cant see them playing him

great fans though yesterday, despite everything the fans remain united and that must give the team a massive life
  • Options
    Well done Pompey
  • Options
    Think my neighbours think I'm a Pompey fan after the way i was screaming yesterday!
  • Options
    Well done Pompey...

I read though that many of their players are guaranteed bonuses for getting to the FA Cup Final of between £50 and 100K.
  • Options
    good on 'em
  • Options
    Good to see - hope they win it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Well done Pompey...

I read though that many of their players are guaranteed bonuses for getting to the FA Cup Final of between £50 and 100K.

If they have any conscience at all they’ll forego that. After all they’ll be in the biggest shop window of the season so ultimately could get more than that in a signing on fee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PLEASED FOR JAMIE o'HARA who should finally get his chance to play at Wembley. also pleased for the Pompey fans - few deserve it more
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]PLEASED FOR JAMIE o'HARA who should finally get his chance to play at Wembley. also pleased for the Pompey fans - few deserve it more

definately, he has been excellent for them this season. must of being very awkward for him sitting there live on tv saying he wanted portsmouth to win but technically being a spurs player.i think he realises its over for him at spurs and if portsmouth have to sell and we go up would be a great aquisition although he will most likely slot into most mid-lower range prem teams easily
  • Options
    Apparantly Newcastle have been linked with O'Hara, certainly good enough for many mid table Prem teams so is unfortuantly out of our league in terms of new signings especially if we go up!

My money would be on O'Hara joining some of the other ex Spurs at Sunderland.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Apparantly Newcastle have been linked with O'Hara, certainly good enough for many mid table Prem teams so is unfortuantly out of our league in terms of new signings especially if we go up!

My money would be on O'Hara joining some of the other ex Spurs at Sunderland.

how about a new thread called guess who jamie o'hara will sign for. i will go for birmingham