Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton related numberplates

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
Saw L7ERA a couple of hours ago

Comments

• edited March 2010
    CH08 TON is available from DVLA for £799.
  • Sam Sodje has a personalised one, SOD 1E maybe?

Have seen a C4 FC X or similar aswell near to the Valley.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Have seen a C4 FC X or similar aswell near to the Valley.
    Yeah there are a few of them around.
  • I'm waiting for AD01CKS to be released :-)
  • SoundAs has a good plate on his boxster.
  • Lloyd Sam has L10 YDS on a black 4x4.

Roger Alwen has/had CAF 76 on a Range Rover for ages.
  • Here in the USA - my nameplate is
    CHARLTN
  • Whats a name plate.

;o)
  • Just put a sticker in the window...personalised number plates...cringeworthy!
  • atletico - i meant to type my cars LICENSE plate is - " CHARLTN"

has been for almost 15 years now ... first on a jag but now on my escalade
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Just put a sticker in the window...personalised number plates...cringeworthy![/quote]

Cringeworthy...explain (if you can that is)....just a bit of harmless fun as far as I'm concerned....... ya saddo!
  • Richard Murray has CAF 1C.

A slight digression but a couple other 'plates I've driven in the course of work are KEV 1N, PUF 1T, PEN 510 N (for an accountant) & POP 1T.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]SoundAs has a good plate on his boxster.

is it maroon / burgundy? I think I've seen that on the way back from Hull a few years ago
  • i saw 0 50 5EXY the other day
  • And in Redhill you often see BO 11 OKS on a huge 4x4. Not a man to tangle with I feel!
  • theres a CA WIN that belongs to one of the board.

Still saving up for LLLBH : - )
  • For those of you who like the seedier side of things:

POP 100L (pop idol) is on a Ferrari owned by Ben Dover.
  • edited March 2010
    Safeasapound...fun...you think its fun when after seeing a personalised number plate you have to spend the next month trying to work out who it is and another three months wondering why someones esteem is so low they have to try and fail to make up their name when all the letters are not available...thats not fun, its a cruel twisted mind game and I for one will not be part of it!

ps. If I could drive my number plate would be yellow with letters and numbers on it and arranged in no particular order.
  • I've just changed my name to R 997 KKO
  • [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Safeasapound...fun...you think its fun when after seeing a personalised number plate you have to spend the next month trying to work out who it is and another three months wondering why someones esteem is so low they have to try and fail to make up their name when all the letters are not available...thats not fun, its a cruel twisted mind game and I for one will not be part of it!

Yeah, I'm sure low selfesteem has everything to do with it. Have you ever thought maybe if it takes you a month to read a single word, the problem lies with yourself, not the owners of the numberplates?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Safeasapound...fun...you think its fun when after seeing a personalised number plate you have to spend the next month trying to work out who it is and another three months wondering why someones esteem is so low they have to try and fail to make up their name when all the letters are not available...thats not fun, its a cruel twisted mind game and I for one will not be part of it!

Yeah, I'm sure low selfesteem has everything to do with it. Have you ever thought maybe if it takes you a month to read a single word, the problem lies with yourself, not the owners of the numberplates?

this

they are harmless and if I want one, can afford it and it's available I'll get one.

My wife got mine for me as an engagement present and I fail to understand the haters
  • edited March 2010
    Are you guys serious? My replies have got to be a joke...I mean, how the hell could I see a number plate? DUH!
  • [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Are you guys serious? My replies have got to be a joke...I mean, how the hell could I see a number plate? DUH!

Now I'm super confused.
  • Saw a red polo in woolwich with the number plate ending in VFR once
  • [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]
    ps. If I could drive my number plate would be yellow with letters and numbers on it and arranged in no particular order.
    The back one is supposed to be a different colour, not both yellow. Is this so people will not know whether you are coming or going?
  • There maybe was a time when personalised plates were something of a misguided status symbol and thought of by some as a bit vulgar.....but no longer they are very common and all sorts of folk, for varying reasons, have them.
    They have in fact proved to be quite a good investment over the years....though in these hard times it's obviously not so much the case.
  • Have seen A1 on a couple of occassions....someone in Sussex has it I think as it was on a car on the A23.....a good few years back mind you.
  • Not Charlton related but I'm sure I once saw GDAY M8 or similar.
  • Who remembers Fiona Richmond of the 60'and 70's Playboy fame? (Good one to Google that if you've not heard of her).
    She had FU 2.
    Have seen 007 quite a few times too in The West End over the years.
  • I've got C4 PAS but it's on a retention certificate at the moment as the car got nicked and written off.