Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luke Young Retires From International Football?

edited March 2007 in Rumours
He must have done. Why hasn't one so called expert or pundit mentioned him as a replacement for Neville? The boy wonder from Massive limped off Saturday also but still no mention of our Luke.
I reckon he's playing very well since coming back.

Comments

• Options
    Do you really need an answer Dave? He plays for Charlton of course!!!
  • Options
    he's got a dependable look about his defensive play at the moment and gets forward well, even managing to score a goal at watford and can take a throw-in properly...he'll never get in the england squad like that...far better to play somebody from liverpool or man utd out of position and blame injuries to other players if it doesn't work out...
  • Options
    Some bloke (not a Charlton fan) on 606 last night was talking him up. As was Pards yesterday. As for Maclaren - WHOOSH over his head...
  • Options
    I cannot stand Steve "Effin" MacLaren!
    I feel another thread coming on.
  • Options
    Shhhhhhh

I'd sooner keep Luke fresh and ready for Wigan and Man Citeh.
  • Options
    I think the NOTW mentioned him...
  • Options
    England haven't got a clue. Players aren't picked on their competence to fill a position they are picked on their own (inflated) reputations and who they play for. I'd much rather see Joey Barton, Kevin Nolan, Gareth Barry in the squad than Jenas, Lampard, Neville etc.

Barry has been possibly one of the finest left sided midfielders for the last three or four seasons and has been totally overlooked. As a central midfielder what does Lampard do? He plays off the centre forward or wide left and does not chase back.

We will go nowhere all the while McClaren is steering. Just goes to prove passion is not everything as first thought by many people.
  • Options
    Barry has been called up to replace Neville. A left back/left mid for a right full back. Typical MacLaren.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]England haven't got a clue. Players aren't picked on their competence to fill a position they are picked on their own (inflated) reputations and who they play for. I'd much rather see Joey Barton, Kevin Nolan, Gareth Barry in the squad than Jenas, Lampard, Neville etc.

Barry has been possibly one of the finest left sided midfielders for the last three or four seasons and has been totally overlooked. As a central midfielder what does Lampard do? He plays off the centre forward or wide left and does not chase back.

We will go nowhere all the while McClaren is steering. Just goes to prove passion is not everything as first thought by many people.

thoroughly agree with regard to barry,he must have been close to telling maclaren to go poke it.
  • Options
    I think the thought train is for Carragher to be played out of position at right full back as opposed to left full back.

Personally, I would have used Baines or Shorey at left back and Lukey at right back. All in form players all playing in their correct positions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I believe that last time Luke was in the squad, D*ckhead McLaren favoured Ugly Neville and Luke had a row with him and was sent home, under the pretext of his ankle problem. It was mooted at the time. His continued absence can only be for that reason. To leave him out when neither Less Ugly Neville and Richards unavailable is totally illogical and has to be for some childish reason.
  • Options
    McLaren is a tool - end of
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I believe that last time Luke was in the squad, D*ckhead McLaren favoured Ugly Neville and Luke had a row with him and was sent home, under the pretext of his ankle problem. .

interesting if true, haven't heard that before.