Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Belfast

edited February 2010 in Match Day Travel
Does anyone know any decent pubs to watch the football in Belfast? . Ballysillan i think the missus said ???

Comments

• Robinsons opposite The Europa hotel mate.
  • There are a few mate. Just stay in the city centre.

Although it depends on what game you want to watch?
  • Robinsons as suggested. and pop next for a pint in the Crown.
  • DA9DA9
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Robinsons as suggested. and pop next for a pint in the Crown.

Yes, but hop over the mural/mosiac on the floor :-)

Stick to the city centre tourist areas, as FTP said, safest way out there if you dont know anyone.
  • Yeah cheers. I was going to watch everton and man u , i will be in north belfast but The inlaws do my head in so i will have to get out.
  • I went to Belfast in November and stayed at Benedicts. They always had the football on and different matches on different screens

Benedicts Hotel Belfast

Oh, and it was a bit lively (loud music and scantilly dressed women) in the evenings as well but the locals made us welcome
  • Robinsons is ok. There's the Botanic Inn near the university or Lavery's in Shaftsbury Square as well if they are nearer.
  • Thanks. Robinsons sounds popular.
    Valley , thanks for the hotel tip but i'm staying in a house.
  • Last time I was there I was in a pub that had Man Utd in one bar with everyone cheering and England Rugby in the other bar. I was watching the football and kept hearing cheering from the other bar and assumed England were losing but in fact they were cheering on England. Was shocked to say the least.
  • [cite]Posted By: FTP[/cite]Last time I was there I was in a pub that had Man Utd in one bar with everyone cheering and England Rugby in the other bar. I was watching the football and kept hearing cheering from the other bar and assumed England were losing but in fact they were cheering on England. Was shocked to say the least.
    Who were England playing?
  • Sponsored links:

• I think it was France, certainly not one of the home nations
  • i got back earlier today and thought i would say that i didn't try the pub mentioned , as there was a local pub but there was some very welcoming people , but you just had to watch what area you were in as some won't take kindly to us as some murals stated.
    thanks for the tips though.
  • JTJT
    edited February 2010
    Car bomb in newry tonight
  • Oh shit.
  • I was in Belfast on Wednesday/Thursday - watched the Arsenal match in Robinson's, it was okay. The Crown also has a screen for football, although it's a big tourist trap.

Came home by train/boat and passed through Newry - wouldn't have batted an eyelid at that news before, but having clapped eyes on the place only 3 days ago brings it home just a bit.
  • Outside a courtroom