Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jermaine Beckford

edited August 2008 in Rumours
He looks a handy goalscorer but apparently he's a bit lazy in other parts of his game.

Beckford

Comments

• You mentioned the magic word LAZY...no thanks!
  • Beckford has turned down a new contract and been placed on the transfer list by Leeds. I thought he looked rubbish in the play offs but it's a massive blow to their promotion chances next season and good luck trying to replace a striker who got 34 goals last season.
  • Against *illwall he was 'kin useless!
  • He is also an absolute nutter, who spent a fair bit of time suspended last season.

If he has gone on the list he will be miles out of our league and will end up in the Championship.
  • you will prob see a club like west brom snapping him up
  • edited May 2009
    31 August 2008
    BECK AND CALL
    Charlton boss Alan Pardew is trying to sign £500,000-rated Leeds United striker Jermaine Beckford.

Really do you bother to read things proper like?

EDIT i obviously don't just realised this was posted in 2008 D'oh
  • According to The Sun Newcastle are chasing Beckford.
  • Great news! Now they'll only have Vokes, Becchio, Kandol and Grella to score their goals!
  • Snodgrass is the one we want to see them sell in January. However if we don't sort our own form out it'll all be irrelevant anyway.
  • If Leeds are top in January, they'll only sell to a Premiership side I would imagine and then only if the player gives them no option. Leeds are one of the biggest clubs in the country - why would you leave them to go to a Cahmpionship side when you'll be in that division with Leeds by next season?
  • Sponsored links:

• probably not worth worrying about Leeds - very happy to seem them beating the teams currently below us
  • Newcastle will probably go up this season, even with the odd blip they are clearly good enough and have a decent enough squad to make that happen. Beckford would only go to a bottom 6 Premier League side in reality as banging goals in for fun in League 1 does not a great Premier League striker make and there is every chance if he leaves Leeds to go to somebody like Hull he will be playing Leeds next year in the Championship. If I were him I would stay at Leeds and within two years I would be reasonably confident of top flight football. Leeds are- whether we like it or not on an upward trajectory and they will only end up in one place.
  • [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]You mentioned the magic word LAZY...no thanks!

I'd like Charlton to have a striker this lazy!
  • Just heard on Talksport that Wealdstone have a 20% sell clause on any profit if Leeds sell him.
  • 20% is huge!

Sold him for £45k

They could get £500k+ out of any proposed deal

Good luck to them!
  • [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]You mentioned the magic word LAZY...no thanks!

Well,that comment has come back and bitten me on the arse hasn't it
  • [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Just heard on Talksport that Wealdstone have a 20% sell clause on any profit if Leeds sell him.
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]20% is huge!

Sold him for £45k

Good luck to them!

He's out of contract in the summer so he can go for free.
  • I know Chris, I was saying in the context of the mooted January move
  • He's scored 13 for Leeds
    Burton has 10 or 11

Personally I am happy with that
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]He's scored 13 for Leeds
    Burton has 10 or 11

Personally I am happy with that[/quote]

And Burton has been playing with an injury and give more to the team as well as goals!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]You mentioned the magic word LAZY...no thanks!

Well,that comment has come back and bitten me on the arse hasn't it

Ah well... at least you were decent enough to admit it! ;0)
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]20% is huge!

Sold him for £45k

Good luck to them!
    Quorn got a similar fee when we signed Varney from Crewe.
  • More speculation:

"Newcastle United manager Chris Hughton has confirmed his interest in signing Leeds United's free-scoring striker Jermaine Beckford.

The Magpies are keen to bolster their attacking options after loanee Marlon Harewood returned to Aston Villa following a three-month stint.

Speculation over Beckford's future has been rife this season after he rejected a new long-term deal to extend his Leeds stay last summer.

The Whites have stated the 16-goal League One ace will see out the season with them, however, they could find a £1.5million offer tempting for the striker who would be available for free in the summer.

Hughton insists Newcastle are still mulling over their New Year options and that no bids have been tabled with clubs, including an offer for Leeds' in-demand marksman.

"Jermaine Beckford is one of a few players that will of course be of interest to us," he told the Sunderland Echo.

"In the work that we've done over the last few weeks and months, there have been numerous names that have been thrown at us.

"There'll continue to be players that become available that we thought wouldn't be available. We have to look at all the options we have, but, certainly, Jermaine's a player that will come into those options."
  • They dont need to sell as they got big money for Delph. They have the Italian guy and Vokes ,plus they would get £4 million if they do sell and thats buys alot of talent at this level.

I hope Norwich sell Hoolihan , somehow we need either Hoolahan or Holt to be out of their side for awhile. I dont think anyone will make a punt for Holt so we have to hope its the other guy that gets sold----- they do need the cash as well.
  • Do you reckon other team's boards are saying they hope we sell Burton?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Do you reckon other team's boards are saying they hope we sell Burton?

Doubt it but it appears that there's a lot of interest on other Clubs Forums with regards to the possibility of us selling Dickson. Unfortunately for them they can't afford him ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]They dont need to sell as they got big money for Delph. They have the Italian guy and Vokes ,plus they would get £4 million if they do sell and thats buys alot of talent at this level.

He's out of contract in the summer so they risk losing him for nothing if they don't sell in Jan. Unless they think they can get him to resign, which is unlikely. I think he'll be off.

But we can't catch Leeds anyway, in my opinion. We do indeed need something to happen to some of Norwich's squad...
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Do you reckon other team's boards are saying they hope we sell Burton?[/quote]

HOW VERY DARE YOU!
  • Bates may very well think Leeds are already home and hosed and have enough cover and then bite at an offer of £1-2m
  • Beckford could do a Spotty Parker and refuse to play, unless they sell him to Newcastle.