Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Racon to Fulham, Blackburn and all other mid-tier Premier league clubs

Comments

• A load of Bull!
  • Skysports.com understands ..........

Means they don't know any facts at all - because actually, there are none.

Slow news day.
  • Started at AC Milan??? Is that true?
  • Parky stated these thIngs are usually written by the agents...
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Parky stated these thIngs are usually written by the agents...

Right, Dazzo. On the "Parky at Bromley" thread, someone posted Parky said Racon was unhappy that he'd been asked to play LM, instead of his normal CM.

So agents speculation, trying to get the player and particularly himself, a bumper pay day.
  • There will be a lot of this sort of thing between now and the end of January.

I just hope we can keep those we want to keep given what has happened in earlier years.
  • IMHO if the price was right I'd sell.
  • edited December 2009
    The highly-rated Frenchman has been in excellent form for the Addicks this term, along with midfield colleagues Nicky Bailey and Jonjo Shelvey.
    this supports my point and parkys JJ and Racon have not been as good as last season both started well but both faded out JJ due to his age I don't know why with Racon?

Bailley however has been a true pro!
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]IMHO if the price was right I'd sell.

Ah, but is that Parky's honest opinion also?
  • I was told by somebody who speaks to Racon that he (Racon) was a Parky player rather than Pardew so presumably Parky rates him if that is correct.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well....whatever happens, he won't be going to Portsmouth!
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]IMHO if the price was right I'd sell.

What would that be out of interest?

I reckon some opinions on him going may be overly influenced by his recent poor form. Personally, despite his slump, I still think he's class and if we want to go and stay up we need to hold onto class players.
  • £1m - £1.5m would be a good deal.
  • He is nowhere near ready for the Premiership yet.
  • Racon has been the victim of our new change to 4-4-2 with Bailey in the middle but similarly to JJ he will still have an important role to play and I would not be surprised to see him back in by the end of the xmas games. Racon was very average last week but until late October, was one of our best players so it would be a big loss if he were to go.Then again I think Semedo, Sam and Bailey are slightly more important to the team.
  • "The highly-rated Frenchman has been in excellent form for the Addicks this term..."

Has he? Looks like his agents planted this story because he's been dropped recently. If he's not good enough to get in our team then he's nowhere near the Premiership!
  • Not sure this story really has any legs. Elements of Racon's game are Premiership class but I'm not sure he's completely ready for it yet. I like Racon a lot and I'm sure he still has a major role to play even if his head has dropped a bit and he's out of the side at the moment BUT if we do need to sell someone in January (hopefully not) then centre midfield is the one position we could probably stand to lose a body or two without suffering too badly for it - as long as we don't lose Semedo imo, although selling Bailey should be a last resort as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]"The highly-rated Frenchman has been in excellent form for the Addicks this term..."

Has he? Looks like his agents planted this story because he's been dropped recently. If he's not good enough to get in our team then he's nowhere near the Premiership!
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    The highly-rated Frenchman has been in excellent form for the Addicks this term, along with midfield colleagues Nicky Bailey and Jonjo Shelvey.
    this supports my point and parkys JJ and Racon have not been as good as last season both started well but both faded out JJ due to his age I don't know why with Racon?

Bailley however has been a true pro!
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Parky stated these thIngs are usually written by the agents...

Yes Red Red Robin it does doesn't it ;o)
  • The last club he was linked with was Plymouth.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]The last club he was linked with was Plymouth.

If things were to continue the way they are we could well swap places with Plymouth
  • Sponsored links:

• Not sure if Plymouth could afford him!
  • Player has a bit of a huffy fit --> newspaper story linking him to premiership teams

I actually think he's a brilliant footballer, and capable of playing at a much higher level, but I have to wonder about his character, after Saturday. Hopefully it'll all blow over and he'll get back on track, soon.
  • All we have learnt in recent weeks with Racon being in and out of side and alternating between centre and left mid, is how important to the side Semedo is!
  • The way I see it is, if the lad is not keen on playing on the left as the manager has instructed, get rid, we want boys who will play and die for the shirt as instructed, if we get a bar for him then done!
  • Does Racon have the same agent as Moo2? Very similar things said about him (Prem, Championship sides interested) by papers North of the border over recent days. See Moo2 thread.
  • This is almost certainly orginated by Racon's agent ... he is out of contract at end of season so his agent probably wants a payday, either by an extension at Charlton or another club coming in.
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]This is almost certainly orginated by Racon's agent ... he is out of contract at end of season so his agent probably wants a payday, either by an extension at Charlton or another club coming in.

The same scenario as Lloyd then !!
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]This is almost certainly orginated by Racon's agent ... he is out of contract at end of season so his agent probably wants a payday, either by an extension at Charlton or another club coming in.
    He's not out of contract until summer 2011, he signed a 4 year deal when he joined.

Although the club also said Nicky Weaver signed a 3 year deal, but released him as he was apparently out of contract after 2 seasons. Perhaps some of the players had optional 3rd or 4th years, or got another year if they played a certain number of games (I think Hasselbaink had that at Cardiff).