Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Beckford to Wolves

edited December 2009 in Rumours
in the window, is in the Sun today, really hope this happens could be the start of a leeds sticky patch.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Would be a loss but, as I keep trying to say, when you only let in 8 goals in 18 games, it only takes an OG or goal from the left back to win a game and they have decent cover across the back in the event of injury/suspension.

In any event, I suspect that Vokes would go the other way as part of the deal which would still leave them to play up front:

Vokes
    Becchio
    Showumni
    Grella
    Kandol

And all that ignores the goals from Bradley Johnson (7 in 15 this season).

Hope Leeds have a seriously bad run but. at most, can only see a temporary blip.

We just need to keep picking up 4 points every 2 games and we'll finish at least second because I can't see any of the teams round us beating that.
  • You've got this all wrong.

Two teams will get automatic promotion - FACT! (Had to do that ... sorry).

We hope that one of them will be us. The other is most likely to be Leeds ... therefore ...

... we want Leeds to beat all our other rivals. We want Leeds to win all their remaining games (except when they come to The Valley). We want Leeds to take points off Norwich, Huddersfield, Colchester etc.

Leeds is your second team. You love Leeds. You wish that you were born in Yorkshire. You would be gutted if Beckford left.

Get the idea?
  • I love T'Leeds, yey up is that T'cleggy and T'compo going down the side of that T'hill again in a bath tub with wheels on...
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]I love T'Leeds, yey up is that T'cleggy and T'compo going down the side of that T'hill again in a bath tub with wheels on...

That's more like it.
  • Elland Rd Bar 'tat
  • We want Leeds to beat our rivals, but I'd be delighted if they lost to the likes of Tranmere and Wycombe. We don't want them to win *every* game.
  • So when is are Deon gunna bag his next attrick my guess against t'wall!
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Would be a loss but, as I keep trying to say, when you only let in8 goals in 18 games,it only takes an OG or goal from the left back to win a game and they have decent cover across the back in the event of injury/suspension.

In any event, I suspect that Vokes would go the other way as part of the deal which would still leave them to play up front:

Vokes
    Becchio
    Showumni
    Grella
    Kandol

And all that ignores the goals from Bradley Johnson (7 in 15 this season).

Hope Leeds have a seriously bad run but. at most, can only see a temporary blip.

We just need to keep picking up 4 points every 2 games and we'll finish at least second because I can't see any of the teams round us beating that.

I understand what you are saying but think of the damage to moral to there squad if the top man is old in January, like what happened to us with Andy Reid.
  • Trust me lads Beckford will be going nowhere in the January transfer window unless Wolves or anyone else for that matter offer silly money and that won't happen when they could get him for nothing at the end of the season. Bates has promised Grayson he will not sell him and would risk letting him leave for free and his goals get us promoted rather than sell and risk not going up, and believe me without him we would struggle to find the net. I hate Bates with a passion but i don't think even he would go back on his word and risk upsetting the best manager we have had at this club for a long time + Leeds fans would lynch him.
  • The Fans' Forum is pleased to announce that the Club Superstore has now taken delivery of the CAFC/Leeds flat cap.

This stylish headgear, in attractive Red on one half, and Yorkshire White on t'other, will enhance any outfit, but goes especially well with pit boots and a whippet.

Perfect Christmas gift, lad.
  • Sponsored links:

• By the way theres as many cockney and southern accents at Elland road as there is Yorkshire LOL.
  • No chance of Beckford going to Wolves - why would he do that when there's a big chance he'd be back in the Championship come May.

Like the Leeds chap says, he's going nowhere in Jan.

Will get Leeds up then consider his options - Newcastle must be his most likely destination, assuming they get promoted.
  • I want to go up as champions, that should be our aim untill its no longer possible. And id be happy if he left leeds, shake them up a bit, its all been going to well for them anyway! You cant tell me that if we had a player banging them in like he has, and then he left in january it would'nt put the s**ts up ya!?
    In the situation were in at the moment that title should be our aim, second place does not get into the honours book..........
  • [cite]Posted By: Oaky white[/cite]Trust me lads Beckford will be going nowhere in the January transfer window unless Wolves or anyone else for that matter offer silly money and that won't happen when they could get him for nothing at the end of the season. Bates has promised Grayson he will not sell him and would risk letting him leave for free and his goals get us promoted rather than sell and risk not going up, and believe me without him we would struggle to find the net. I hate Bates with a passion but i don't think even he would go back on his word and risk upsetting the best manager we have had at this club for a long time + Leeds fans would lynch him.

If Wolves reckon he'd be the difference between staying up and going down they're not going to wait til the summer are they. His contract being up at the end of the season isn't that relevant.

Having said that, I don't think he'll go to Wolves. He's not better than Ebanks Blake or Doyle is he?
  • [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]I understand what you are saying but think of the damage to moral to there squad if the top man is old in January, like what happened to us with Andy Reid.
    what's his age matter anywho?
  • Only my opinion but i actually think if we get promoted he will sign a new contract, he has stated he loves it at Leeds and its not the money they have offered thats the problem just that he wants to play at a higher level. Beckford is a great goal scorer at this level and possibly championship level but no way could he cut it in the premiership and thats why i think he will stay if we go up, and with no disrespect to other championship clubs there won't be any bigger than Leeds in it apart from Newcastle but i expect them to go back up.
  • But what would Leeds do if Beckford got wiff of what Wolves were going to pay him (say double what he's on at the moment) and effectively did a Parker and refeused to play. I wonder what stance Bates would take over that?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite][quote aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0][cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Oaky white[/cite]Trust me lads Beckford will be going nowhere in the January transfer window unless Wolves or anyone else for that matter offer silly money and that won't happen when they could get him for nothing at the end of the season. Bates has promised Grayson he will not sell him and would risk letting him leave for free and his goals get us promoted rather than sell and risk not going up, and believe me without him we would struggle to find the net. I hate Bates with a passion but i don't think even he would go back on his word and risk upsetting the best manager we have had at this club for a long time + Leeds fans would lynch him.[/quote]

If Wolves reckon he'd be the difference between staying up and going down they're not going to wait til the summer are they. His contract being up at the end of the season isn't that relevant.

Having said that, I don't think he'll go to Wolves. He's not better than Ebanks Blake or Doyle is he?[/quote]

He's no better than any premier league striker never mind just the Wolves lads.
  • Marcus Bent?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]But what would Leeds do if Beckford got wiff of what Wolves were going to pay him (say double what he's on at the moment) and effectively did a Parker and refeused to play. I wonder what stance Bates would take over that?[/quote]

Its all if's and but's but for once in his life i hope Bates stays true to his word and he stays.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Marcus Bent?

He can't get in Boro's team now
  • Whilst i don't think Beckford will go in January, i believe he's out of contract at the end of the season so Bates may decide he wants the money as opposed to him going on a free in the summer.
  • I hope he stays as Leeds deserve it this year. Never been my favourite lot of fans, on account of being stuck on trains with them going from Leeds/Bradford. Though last time I was in Leeds in September I met an excellent Leeds fan who clearly knew League One quite well!

Let's face it though Beckford is 25 almost 26 it's an age he needs to take that jump into the prem. If he doesn't do it now whose to say he'll get another opportunity through Leeds or another team? Is he better than say Jason Roberts, Nathan Ellington or Jason Scotland? I'd say he is and he can be a factor in the prem if not prolific he'll score more than those three mentioned; those three mentioned are all on crazy money for their talent.

Teams offer silly money in the window in both fee and wages, just look at what Bullard attracted when everyone knew his knees are precarious at best. Beckford could sign one contract in the prem and be setup for life. If it is offered, an agent will make sure he know about it then it's in Beckfords hands. Lescott's done it, Parker's done it and Barry/Ronaldo pushed it to the limit and got what they wanted eventually. A league one players jump in wages to prem wages is a massively higher ratio than the previous mentioned. If it is offered he'll go, and as he should nowadays for his own financial security.

I think without Leeds will have enough but won't scrape through so many tight matches with wins, they'll turn into draws and the occasional loss. Hopefully that'll give us a glimmer of hope in keeping up with them and propelling us nearer to the second spot.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]I understand what you are saying but think of the damage to moral to there squad if the top man is [b]old[/b] in January, like what happened to us with Andy Reid.[/quote] what's his age matter anywho?[/quote]

was thinking the same re: his age, but what does anywho mean?
  • Grayson on Beckford sale
    Last Updated: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 14:50

Leeds boss Simon Grayson has again said that striker Jermaine Beckford will not be sold even if a massive bid came in.

Beckford is out of contract in the summer and can walk away for nothing which has led to a host of club's being linked with a move for the striker.

There has been talk of a £5m switch to a new club but Grayson says they will not be pushed into selling and will wait until the summer.

"I'll be bracing myself for calls in January, but he won't be going anywhere," Grayson told Sky.

"Jermaine came off the transfer list in the summer and the chairman has promised me that he won't be going anywhere.

"If he walks away in June and we've been promoted then it'll be happy days for us because we've achieved what we need to do.

"If he leaves then that's entirely up to him. That's the risk we're running, but I'm sure he'll concentrate and keep getting his goals."
  • edited December 2009
  • [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]You've got this all wrong.

Two teams will get automatic promotion - FACT! (Had to do that ... sorry).

We hope that one of them will be us. The other is most likely to be Leeds ... therefore ...

... we want Leeds to beat all our other rivals. We want Leeds to win all their remaining games (except when they come to The Valley). We want Leeds to take points off Norwich, Huddersfield, Colchester etc.

Leeds is your second team. You love Leeds. You wish that you were born in Yorkshire. You would be gutted if Beckford left.

Get the idea?

Yep, agree 100%, Leeds if they run away with the league will be doing us a favour, even if they beat us in the return fixture as long as they win against Norwich etc then I won't mind too much.
  • Leeds will get promoted with or without Beckford I'm afraid. Hopefully they beat Huddersfield at the weekend.
  • Would rather Norwich lose Hoolohan, Leeds will go up whatever imo!
  • I think Leeds could afford to lose him and still do well, as Addick Addict pointed out.

When they are playing our rivals I shall be going 'Ecky Thump' and me and my imaginary whippet will be cheering them on whilst eating chips, peas and gravy.