Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life Competition: Win a signed copy of "Lennie" - 6pm close

Lennie Lawrence has been working in football for over 30 years, but it was his nine turbulent years in charge of Charlton, whilst dealing with the fall-out of the move from The Valley amid limited resources that 'Houdini' will ultimately be remembered.

Lennie has now penned the story of his rise from school teacher to football manager, recounting the many tales along the way.

Charlton Life is now offering you the chance to win a signed copy of 'Lennie'.

We asked the great man the following question:

"looking back from all the time you managed Charlton, who on reflection would be the first three players you would put on your teamsheet'.

How to enter

All you have to do is send an email titled 'Lennie Competition' to:

afka_smudge@hotmail.com

with your three guesses of whom Lennie is likely to have said by 6pm Sunday 1st November.

All entries with three correct players will be entered into a hat and publicly drawn on Monday 2nd November. In the event of no entry correctly guessing all three, all entries with two correct names will be entered. The winner will be announced on Monday 2nd November. All entries to include full name and town of residence.

Comments

• First three names on the teamsheet?

That's easy it's............

Oh hang on a minute not giving my answer away to you lot.
  • Are we allowed more than one attempt?
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Are we allowed more than one attempt?
    Yes. Three attempts. With one name on each attempt.
  • bugger, any older people want to help us younger members of the board out?
  • AFKA,

I hope that when you announce the winner, you also provide a tabulation of names and the number of votes that they received. It would be interesting to see how many different players got votes, and the amount of support they received.
  • [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]bugger, any older people want to help us younger members of the board out?

Your e-moniker father is a candidate.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Are we allowed more than one attempt?
    Yes. Three attempts. With one name on each attempt.

Surely it is just one email, with your 3 names.
    Not 3 different goes, where you name just one player.
  • I think Chizz is pulling your name mate !

One entry per person, with your three names. Len, i've been generous and counted your 2nd entry as your daughters.

Come on guys, even if you're not bothered about the book (though i'm sure it would make a nice Christmas present for someone), it would be interesting to get your guesses on who the three might be.
  • Damn this is tough. a simple spot of research shows some of the names he brought in and their contributions to this club are huge.

I'm happy with 2 or the 3 but the 3rd is proving tough
  • As you say, there is a hell of a lot to choose from so with that in mind, i would be very surprised if anyone got all three.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]As you say, there is a hell of a lot to choose from so with that in mind, i would be very surprised if anyone got all three.

I think you'll find that I have

I'm sure of it

where do I send the cheque again? :-)
  • Did he actually remember 3 or did you have to prompt him ?
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite].......................All entries with three correct players will be entered into a hat and publicly drawn on Monday 2nd November. In the event of no entry correctly guessing all three, all entries with two correct names will be entered. The winner will be announced on Monday 2nd November. All entries to include full name and town of residence.

I have 3 names but I don't know where they currently live!
  • Lennie Lawrence is going to be on Talksport today sometime between 1 and 4
  • Someone ring up and ask him of all the Charlton players you had who would be the first three on the team sheet ; - )
  • edited October 2009
    I've had a go, but trust me I'm rubbish at this sort of thing :(
    And as I have got the book for Christmas, should by any sort of miracle I win it.
    I'll raffle it for Demelza :)
  • Just an hour and a half left to get an entry in.

As they say, you've got to be in it to win it !
  • Anyone got it yet Dan ?
  • oh well, no email, guess ~I didn't win.

Can I have my entry fee back please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Had about 50 entries, no one got all three (i'm not surprised to be honest), but there were quite a few that got two right.

Winner and the breakdown will be announced later / tomorrow.
  • can't wait, send me a whisper and you can keep my entry fee :)
  • Do you know what, i'm a complete mentalist.

I've just checked back and discovered he's three were different to what i thought it was ! What an absolute prize bell. I was about to score the whole thing completely wrong !!
  • Lee, Kernaghan and Peake?
  • which Lee?
  • Robert
  • that's a shame. AFKA just sent me the answers in a whisper. The answer is

Rueben Agboola
    Mark Stewart and
    JASON Lee
  • Damn ;-)
  • George Shipley should be one of the three.The other two Johnny H and Paul Williams.
  • result now a sticky