Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Phil Brown has left Hull

2»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Adam Pearson did not resign.

Don't where you get your info from Chirpy but my contacts are rock solid and tell me Pearson has resigned as Chairman.

He is now at Derby.

It's on Sky Sports site that he has resigned.
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]
    BANG BANG! Anyone that humiliates grown men by making them sit down like naughty school kids over the half time period in front of 40,000 people gets no respect from me. The man's a cock.

Agreed. If I was a Pro I could have no respect for a manager who behaved like that.

But didn't Curbs do that to the Charlton players at Fulham 10 years ago ?

28th August 1999.
    (Thanks to Colin Cameron: Home & Away).
    ;-)

I don't remember that, but then we had probably been on the lash in the Duke's Head for several hours before KO.
  • It was after the game wasnt it????
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]It was after the game wasnt it????[/quote]

Yes, its in his book.
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]It was after the game wasnt it????

Yeah we lost 2-1 and they were all sat in front of the goal in front of our end.

Blistering hot day if I remember rightly, think a few charlton ended up cooling off in the Thames afterwards by the boozer on the other side of Putney bridge!
  • If he does end up going they'll pay dearly for their lack of loyalty.

It seems to have become the common view that a manager - who took on a team deep, deep, in relegation trouble (courtesy of our current incumbent) and lead them to promotion just over a year later and lead them to a division that they'd barely dreamed of, never mind been in, then kept them there, beating a few of the big boys along the way - is incompetent.

The big problem that Brown has, is that nobody wants to go and live in Hull.
  • Can't say I blame him. I wanted to leave Hull within two minutes of my arrival on my one and only visit.
  • WSSWSS
    edited October 2009
    The Chairman (Duffen) has resigned.
  • [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]Can't say I blame him. I wanted to leave Hull within two minutes of my arrival on my one and only visit.

is this a first ? Newshopper commenting but not actually starting the thread !!!
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]Can't say I blame him. I wanted to leave Hull within two minutes of my arrival on my one and only visit.

is this a first ? Newshopper commenting but not actually starting the thread !!!

no, but most of his posts are whispers with all his inside info.

Or so I've been told : - 0
  • Sponsored links:

• is this a first ? Newshopper commenting but not actually starting the thread !!!

It's a Thursday so stand by for a series of exclusives from today's press conference.
  • Beeb are announcing Duffen stood down as Hull chairman today and Pearson left Derby yesterday 'to pursue new challenges'.

You'd think Brown's future is dependent on whether or not Pearson goes back to Hull
  • Brown's future is up in the air ...... the new Airman Brown?
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Brown's future is up in the air ...... the new Airman Brown?

Aaaargh, Oggy get out!
  • Ha no I have sometimes commented on threads before, not often mind
  • As McLovin said Hull's problem is that no one wants to live there so it's hard to sign players. Therefore in order to get players on board they have to pay decent wages which could be their downfall. If they do come back down they will have major financial problems.
  • They could have had half the premier league strikers if it was not Hull they had to play for: Owen, Zamora, Fortune etc