Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Phil Brown has left Hull

WSSWSS
edited October 2009 in Rumours
Apparently.

Comments

• Did OK with the team Parky built but after that struggled : - )
  • Nice one! Hope it is true and he's going to be the new manager of Palace, him and the tango creature would make a great duo.
  • Lets just hope Hull don't want Parky back!
  • Curbs favourite aswell
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Nice one! Hope it is true and he's going to be the new manager of Palace, him and the tango creature would make a great duo.

Not fair, I wouldn't wish him on anyone, not even Charlton.
  • He does have the tan, ego and no managerial ability.

When does Colin Wanker's contract end?
  • [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]Curbs favourite aswell

No chance (of Curbs going there, not Curbs being unable to get the job!)
  • Reports on BBC of serious financial problems if they go down as well.
  • I am prepared to be shot here but I have no problem with Brown, he took Hull from brink of League 1 to the prem! Kept them up with some very average players (step forward Bryan Hughes, Garcia, Folan, Fagan etc) and helped them to some amazing results. He may come out with some ridiculous comments eg hull in europe yet the guy has some personality and is clearly someone who is making the most of being in the prem. He never got the chance to play in the top flight but brings something different to the league. He did make a huge mistake with the players on pitch fiasco but just cause he uses a bit of fake tan just not mean he is anywhere near the same league as Jordan.
  • I haven't got anything against him and that is his natural skin colour supposedly.

I seem to remember that the on the pitch team talk was hailed as great management at the time. In hindsight it is no painted the beginning of the end but they were 4 - 0 down at half time to Man City and hadn't won for a while.

Hull, just like many other teams have second season blues.

Curbs could keep them up and they know it. We shall see.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]I am prepared to be shot here but I have no problem with Brown, he took Hull from brink of League 1 to the prem! Kept them up with some very average players (step forward Bryan Hughes, Garcia, Folan, Fagan etc) and helped them to some amazing results. He may come out with some ridiculous comments eg hull in europe yet the guy has some personality and is clearly someone who is making the most of being in the prem. He never got the chance to play in the top flight but brings something different to the league. He did make a huge mistake with the players on pitch fiasco but just cause he uses a bit of fake tan just not mean he is anywhere near the same league as Jordan.

BANG BANG! Anyone that humiliates grown men by making them sit down like naughty school kids over the half time period in front of 40,000 people gets no respect from me. The man's a cock.

ps Hull finance crisis is similar to dozens of others I'm sure: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/hull/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/10/28/SOCCER_Hull.html&TEAMHD=hull&DIV=prem&TEAM=HULL--CITY&RH=Hull--City&PREV_SEASON=
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]I am prepared to be shot here but I have no problem with Brown, he took Hull from brink of League 1 to the prem! Kept them up with some very average players (step forward Bryan Hughes, Garcia, Folan, Fagan etc) and helped them to some amazing results. He may come out with some ridiculous comments eg hull in europe yet the guy has some personality and is clearly someone who is making the most of being in the prem. He never got the chance to play in the top flight but brings something different to the league. He did make a huge mistake with the players on pitch fiasco but just cause he uses a bit of fake tan just not mean he is anywhere near the same league as Jordan.
    Agree. I also think the story about him apparantly talking down a potential jumper from a bridge was brilliant. Probably completely untrue, but what other Prem manager would be colourful enough to claim to do that?
  • [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]
    BANG BANG! Anyone that humiliates grown men by making them sit down like naughty school kids over the half time period in front of 40,000 people gets no respect from me. The man's a cock.

Agreed. If I was a Pro I could have no respect for a manager who behaved like that.
  • Curbs should be getting his pay-off this week which leaves him free for a job at last ... but I would be surprised if he went to Hull.
  • Andy Todd smacked him mind you Andy Todd smacked Deano too and almost strangled Graham Stuart!

I think Phil Brown is a sad case of a guy with some talent who has had his head turned by media coverage and started to believe the publicity.
  • For what it's worth Dean Windass did an interview recently and he was asked about that on pitch incident at Man City. He said the players didn't think anything less of Brown for it and they couldn't even really hear what he was saying because they were sat right near to 3k singing Hull fans.

I completely agree. He took Hull up playing good football. And I reckon the squad he got promoted were considerably inferior to the one we had at the time. In fact, apart from a decent striker, I think the squad we have now is better than the one he got promoted to the premiership.

As for the players feeling humiliated by that half time talk (the poor dears!), I just don't get it. They were playing in a team that was losing 4-0 at half time. Surely it was not possible to feel more humiliated!
  • According to SSN Hull have just issued a statement saying that they have not sacked Brown.
  • edited October 2009
    Paul Duffin, the Chairman, might be on his way though following very poor Annual Accounts. He is currently off sick from work.
  • Our sqaud in 2007/08 minus Campbell and Turner was on paper lot better than Hulls (Zheng, Varney, Iwelumo, Sam, Semedo, Bougherra), Was any charlton fan particularly impressed with Hull in games at the KC or Valley! Imo if it was not for Mills we would have got 6 points instead of 4 of them.
    The difference is that Hull had team spirit, a consistent line up, a team that was not littered with loans and most importantly a manager that was not Pardew!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]

Agreed. If I was a Pro I could have no respect for a manager who behaved like that.

But didn't Curbs do that to the Charlton players at Fulham 10 years ago ?
  • hopefully the hull chairman will give phil brown a public b*ll*cking, telling him how his team selection and tactics have lead to sh*t results and performances and it is not what he expects from a professional, premier league football manager.

hull have won 3 premier league games since he kept the players on the pitch at man city.
  • No way the Chairmans going to sack a future son-in-law (alledgedly). Though the Chairman does look likely to go, with the ex Derby one on his way back.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]According to SSN Hull have just issued a statement saying that they have not sacked Brown.
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Paul Duffin, the Chairman, might be on his way though following very poor Annual Accounts. He is currently off sick from work.

The plot thickens - former Hull Chairman Adam Pearson (was in the position when Parky was Manager and Brown was assistant) resigns at Derby Chairman. On his way back? Pearson I mean not Parky of course.
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]

But didn't Curbs do that to the Charlton players at Fulham 10 years ago ?

28th August 1999.
    (Thanks to Colin Cameron: Home & Away).
    ;-)
  • Adam Pearson did not resign.
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]

I completely agree. He took Hull up playing good football. And I reckon the squad he got promoted were considerably inferior to the one we had at the time.

If I remember, Hull had a very indifferent first half of that season.

At The Valley, Hull begain time wasting right from the start and killed the game as entertainment, and came away with a point. Danny Mills antics were probably the highlights of the match ....... (!)

Then after Xmas, they began stringing results together and rose from mid table obscurity to finish in the play-offs on the back of a great run of results late in the season.

Great team spirit, and they knew how to battle and grind out results. - but playing good football?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Adam Pearson did not resign.

Don't where you get your info from Chirpy but my contacts are rock solid and tell me Pearson has resigned as Chairman.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Adam Pearson did not resign.

Don't where you get your info from Chirpy but my contacts are rock solid and tell me Pearson has resigned as Chairman.

He is now at Derby.
  • [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Adam Pearson did not resign.

He is now at Derby.

Not any more 'cos he resigned today.