Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Most travelled fans

edited September 2009 in Match Day Travel
Me and a mate last night in a local boozer in Kent were having a debate about who in the football league travells the furtherest and thought it was quiet an interesting topic. So i thought i would ask on here who has been the furtherest to watch my beloved CAFC. We came to the conclusion Plymouth or Exeter prob travel the most in the football league can anyone else come up with anything better.

Comments

• Warsaw all the way from Poland!
  • OohAhh has been the furtherest.
  • I know someone who went to China a few years back to watch us in a friendly!!

Now thats loyal...........Or is that stupid?
  • Gotta be Carlisle their pretty much in Scotland.
  • [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]Gotta be Carlisle their pretty much in Scotland.

Looking purely at the composition of our division this season I would say Carlisle will probably do more miles than Exeter overall.

Hartlepool, Huddersfield, Tranmere, Leeds are their nearest fixtures I think without studying the table. Yeovil, Bristol Rovers, Southampton and Wycombe are nearest Exeter.
  • It must be Plymouth as they have their own tv ads lauding their loyalty, the inbred looking retards.
  • [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]It must be Plymouth as they have their own tv ads lauding their loyalty, the inbred looking retards.

LOL...Green Army
  • Whoever it is, they will pale into insignificance compared to Tromso in Norway.

We went to see Stavanger play Tromso a few years back while on holiday in Norway and there were about 40 away fans there.

Check out the map - they're in the bl**dy Arctic Circle ffs.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]I know someone who went to China a few years back to watch us in a friendly!!

Now thats loyal...........Or is that stupid?[/quote]

MMMM maybe but you have a whole holiday with it i spose like Ireland earlier this year init.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]Gotta be Carlisle their pretty much in Scotland.[/quote]

Thats what i said and based on the league they have no team anywere near them init.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Whoever it is, they will pale into insignificance compared to Tromso in Norway.

We went to see Stavanger play Tromso a few years back while on holiday in Norway and there were about 40 away fans there.

What did Ooh Ah think of that effort?:-)
  • OMG Tromso just had a look at a map i bet it was abit more then scafs and wooley hats. More like Eskimoo suites
  • [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Whoever it is, they will pale into insignificance compared to Tromso in Norway.

""Tromsø has a reputation in Norway for getting a lot of snow in the winter, although this varies a lot from one year to the next. The all-time record was set 29 April 1997, when the meteorological station on top of Tromsøya recorded 240 centimetres (94.5 in) of snow. The lowest temperature ever recorded is −18.4 °C (−1 °F), and the January average is a mere −4 °C (24.8 °F)"

240cm of snow in one day!!
  • I see it sounds like a chilly part of the world. So did we win this freindly?
  • I thought i was well travelled going to Ireland for the 2 pre seasons we had over there shows how much i know lol
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]OohAhh has been the[i]furtherest.[/i][/quote]

Why how far has he been? Get on here OohAhh!!!!!
  • Been to Carlisle, Newcastle, St Johnstone ....... even as far as Plymouth to see Charlton. ;o)

And Tunisia.
  • Tromso doesn't count, we are not allowed to include non league/sunday league games, so the Norwegian, Finnish, kazakh, moldovan, Scottish leagues are ineligible.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]OohAhh has been thefurtherest.

Why how far has he been? Get on here OohAhh!!!!!

italy ancona
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Been to Carlisle, Newcastle, St Johnstone .......even as far as Plymouth to see Charlton. ;o)

And Tunisia.
    When did we plau St. Johnstone, the pride of Perth?
  • Sponsored links:

• Ahh Ancona - Darren Pitcher my dear friend!!!!
  • Good job Boston are not in league anymore, that really was a trek across the pond
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Been to Carlisle, Newcastle, St Johnstone .......even as far as Plymouth to see Charlton. ;o)

And Tunisia.
    When did we plau St. Johnstone, the pride of Perth?

Mid-70's I think it was ...... we lost 2-0 up there.

They had a lethal striker called Henry Hall.
  • edited September 2009
    Done two pre-season tours to Ireland one to Scotland,games in Holland and Denmark and the two away Aggro-Italian cup games...sadly couldn't make the Aussie and China tours due to lack of funds,and for a few years i travelled from Merthyr Tydfil to watch games.
  • For last season, the facts are on www.tonykempster.co.uk - Tony sadly died during the summer, so this magnificent website is frozen.

In the Premiership, it was Pompey with 4508 miles. In the championship, Plymouth with 5772, in League 1 Carlisle with 5349, in League 2 Exeter 5336. However, Barrow of the Conference scored 5733. The lowest is surprising - Manchester United with 2193.
  • In our league its Carlisle....they are in for a 12,000 mile (league) season, there was a newspaper article about it earlier this year....they were saying that there is an unusual number of southern based clubs in this league this season.
  • I go to all the games away. In 2006 when we played Hibernian Away, i went straight from Scotland to Spain to watch the Valencia friendly match. Its a shame we lost both. Incedentally, the Valencia match kicked off on one day and finished on the next. The Kick off was delayed to nearly 11pm local time.
  • [cite]Posted By: demodainty[/cite]

Incedentally, the Valencia match kicked off on one day and finished on the next.

The Kick off was delayed to nearly 11pm local time.

That's an interesting stat, Demo!