Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Semedo's goal

Just watched the highlights again. Not an easy chance - great ball from Neon Deon, but he still had to shrug off a defender, make space and get in a strong shot to beat the keeper. What a change from his wayward long range efforts of the past couple of seasons!

Well done, Jose boy.

Comments

• IMHO he's one of the main reasons why this team is getting results. An unsung hero.

Long may it last.
  • it was certainly a better goal than i was expecting. anyone got a jittering problem with the CAFC Player highlights?
  • Just watched it on BBC, cracking goal and if it was Arsenal or someone who scored a goal like that with a backheel pass then SSN would be creaming all over it 24/7.

Well done Jose
  • Very strong run a finish - love the way that covering defender just bounces off him and ends up on his backside.

It was a good finish, but I think the most telling thing is that he was a) the most advanced midfielder and b) was making the forward run to get beyond Burton - something that he wouldn't have done 12 months ago so credit to him and the coaching staff for working at adding to his game.

He and Burton are the pivotal players for me right now. Jonjo, Bailey, Racon and Sam may be our match winners (and how lucky we are to have 4 of them) but it is Semedo's break-up play and Burton's hold-up play that are giving them the platform to go and express themselves - long may it continue!
  • great goal I thought.....
  • edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]An unsung hero.

Long may it last.

Unsung? Have you been reading this board? Oversung if anything I'd say. A player doing a simple job very well.
  • he's playing very well at this level and i've never been a fan of his , well done for the goal , time to improve on the 1 in 63 ratio he's got
  • [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]An unsung hero.

Long may it last.

Unsung? Have you been reading this board? Oversung if anything I'd say. A player doing a simple job very well.

Oversung? Easy job? My arse!
  • Need to get the t-shirt

I SAW
    SEMEDO
    SCORE

what do you reckon?
  • Did not expect it to go in from where we were sitting. Quality
  • Sponsored links:

• Whats money on him doing a Kish and scoring another one in next couple then not ever again
  • He comes from Portugal
    He f*cking hates Millwall!!

I can't get the song out of my head!
  • Was saying the other day I hoped he was going to score his first goal against Millwall :-(

Always liked him, so much I voted him POTY in our first season of the CCC. Been messed around a bit, by playing right back, left back then in the centre and then dropped/injured. Important player for us. Think him and Racon work well together as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]He comes from Portugal
    He f*cking hates Millwall!!

I can't get the song out of my head!

Had it all yesterday going round and round
  • Just showed how strong the bloke is. Was quite a bump he took from the defender but it budge him one bit and he still kept managed to keep his balance for the finish. Great goal
  • Well, when Semedo went forward and scored, Jonjo dropped back to cover.

So there's the answer ...... play Semedo in the hole, and Jonjoy covering the defence.

I'm surprised our old mate Pardew didn't think up that one.

;o)