Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton heading to Slovenia for 2024/25 Pre-Season

Comments

• Options
    A blinding pre-season trip :)
  • Options
    hoping to stock up on some cheap fags
  • Options
    Kranjska Gora is where it will likely be. That’s where Luton often go 
  • Options
    Not Hungary then 😉😆
    Slovenia borders Hungary 
  • Options
    edited May 1
    Stunning country!
  • Options
    This could be quality 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc4life said:
    This could be quality 
    Hopefully being played on a club's ground rather than elsewhere as many times in the past.
  • Options
    Bit of a different vibe to the usual Spain and Portugal camps…
  • Options
    This will sign and seal any newbie players. A beautiful country.
  • Options
    I watched a game here over 20 years ago, in Bled. https://images.app.goo.gl/zZJEti7Wsbcc3xdV7

It was the week after we beat Manchester City 4-0 in the Premier League. I wore a Charlton shirt, met a fan in a Manchester City shirt, and spent the game drinking beer and chatting to him. Picture doesn't do justice to the location - the Alps are dominant on the north side of the ground
  • Options
    I suspect Maribor will be the destination and unless it is in Ljubljana, which I very much doubt it will be, it will be a bit of a nightmare to get to. Have been to many towns/cities in Slovenia and it is stunning, but hire cars/coaches would be needed. 

I also don’t think the club are planning fans joining the camp as was the case in previous years (from what I can gather). How gate crashing goes down, please advise if you have done it previously, as I wouldn’t anticipate a ticker tape parade…? 
  • Options
    edited May 1
    Ok lads, Who is going to be piloting the Charlton life plane out there?
  • Options
    And there is also the exceptionally scenic railway from Bled to Nova Gorica!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not Hungary then 😉😆
    I imagine food will be provided.
  • Options
    That’s where Luton went last year but when Jones went in 2017 they stayed on the outskirts of Maribor.

Very much suspect this will be a behind closed door jobby 
  • Options
    Behind closed doors is usually NJ form in Slovenia quite a few clubs use Austria and ironically Hungary too. 
  • Options

Very much suspect this will be a behind closed door jobby 
    A wee jobby?
  • Options
    Page one and the train chat has started - proper Charlton 🚂 
  • Options
    I have been to Kranskja Gora the last two years watching my daughter race for Team GB up the road at the Nordic Ski Racing Centre in Planica. Absolutely love the area - it’s so beautiful in the winter can only imagine the summer….
  • Options
    Went to Lake Bled for a wedding several years ago.  It’s absolutely stunning, tempted by this.  
  • Options
    Went to Ljubljana a couple of years ago and it was nice, not fave eastern European old town, but still nice. Didn't have time to get out to Lake Bled which is a regret.
  • Options
    Page one and the train chat has started - proper Charlton 🚂 
    We got a cool train there, while I remember!!

It was one you could drive cars onto the trailer, a bit like Eurotunnel with no roof, then you can stand around out of the car watching the world go past, go under the mountains etc.

I can't imagine our Health and Safety rules allowing people to stand outside like that! I imagine it got quite breezy  :)