Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Phrases you hate

Comments

• Options
    Adding "like", "you know" or "but" to the end of every sentence. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCNIBV87wV4
  • Options
    When someone describes someone else as a Karen, what a limp phrase!
  • Options
    'Ooh it's like a willy only smaller'.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    When football pundits say "Look" or "Listen" at the start of every sentence when answering a question
    Jones does this. Its irritating. 
  • Options
    Rattled. I have been getting this a lot because of work. What's happening is, someone says something they think is funny, but is probably just a bit nasty, and I (or one of my co-workers) responds in defence. Invariably the subsequent reply is, 'lol you are clearly rattled'. 

Nope, we just wanted to reply to that person shittiness to convey that we think they're a bit of a dick. 

Same goes for the fishing emoji. It's the last refuge of the witless. For if someone were indeed just 'fishing' to wind someone up, purely for the sake of that, then they're just a bit of a twat for treating people that way. 

And finally, responding with the very thing that someone just complained about. Which in this instance, would be someone replying to this comment with 'rattled', ideally with a winking emoji to maximise the smugness, as if such a reply would be the height of ironic comedy. 
  • Options
    edited March 26
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Rattled. I have been getting this a lot because of work. What's happening is, someone says something they think is funny, but is probably just a bit nasty, and I (or one of my co-workers) responds in defence. Invariably the subsequent reply is, 'lol you are clearly rattled'. 

Nope, we just wanted to reply to that person shittiness to convey that we think they're a bit of a dick. 

Same goes for the fishing emoji. It's the last refuge of the witless. For if someone were indeed just 'fishing' to wind someone up, purely for the sake of that, then they're just a bit of a twat for treating people that way. 

And finally, responding with the very thing that someone just complained about. Which in this instance, would be someone replying to this comment with 'rattled', ideally with a winking emoji to maximise the smugness, as if such a reply would be the height of ironic comedy. 
    You must hear a few pearlers off Marc White?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    100% when you mean ‘yes’
    Agree 100%. 
    Agree 110%
    The amount of times I hear or read 110%, HOW?
    It’s the whole thing, plus another 10%, like 110% of £1 is £1.10 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    100% when you mean ‘yes’
    Agree 100%. 
    Agree 110%
    The amount of times I hear or read 110%, HOW?
    It’s the whole thing, plus another 10%, like 110% of £1 is £1.10 
    120% agree
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

You must hear a few pearlers off Marc White?
    He mostly just gets words wrong. Like making the first G in the word negligible a soft G. No idea why he does it, seems to be his favourite word too so I can't cut it out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    "Give your head a wobble" - fuck off. 
    I had a client say that to me, I thought it was quite funny
  • Options
    My whole entire life. 

Either use whole or entire not both they are the same thing !
  • Options
    Anything that comes from the greasy faced gob of Eddie Hearn.
  • Options
    My whole entire life. 

Either use whole or entire not both they are the same thing !
    Luke Harvey on the racing often says this is a hugely big horse.
  • Options
    My beautiful hugely big horse. 
  • Options
    “At the end of the day…” is still up there for me!
  • Options
    'Back in the day' grates a bit now.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    When football pundits say "Look" or "Listen" at the start of every sentence when answering a question

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 27
    Why does everyone on TV and radio now when speaking positively about something say that it’s ’ridiculous?’

What is ridiculous is that these people are allowed to be broadcasted. They are broadcasters of ridicule and should therefore be ridiculed because they are ridiculous.
  • Options
    Not only the things that are said but the way they are said. The stadium announcer at Wembley for example really grinds my gears. And that twat of a scorer at the darts “one hundred and thirty fahiiiive”. I watch with the sound off now. 
  • Options
    PS. I’m prepared to accept that “grinds my gears” may be a candidate for some 😉
  • Options
    Why does everyone on TV and radio now when speaking positively about something say that it’s ’ridiculous?’

What is ridiculous is that these people are allowed to be broadcasted. They are broadcasters of ridicule and should therefore be ridiculed because they are ridiculous.
    A bit like unbelievable. If everything is unbelievable then nothing is. 

With the exception of Carl Leaburn falling over the referee as he tried to stop the ball on the goal line, I don't think I have ever seen anything in football that couldn't be believed. Let alone 5-10 times a game. 

Any pundit who says unbelievable should lose their fee for that match. 
  • Options
    PS. I’m prepared to accept that “grinds my gears” may be a candidate for some 😉
    Better than 'boils my piss' which is such a disgusting turn of phrase it has to be worse than whatever they were referring to. 
  • Options
    Has anyone ever boiled their piss? Is it the basis of a culinary sauce? 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Thousand Island Dressing I believe 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Thousand Island Dressing I believe 

oh no wait, that’s something else…
  • Options
    Can I get

You do you

Right from the get go

Often times