Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Phrases you hate

Comments

• Options
    You fucking twat" is one I hear multiple times per day.

Oh, just me then?
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Can I get

You do you

Right from the get go

Often times

There's not one occasion where you can take the word 'times' away from 'often times' and it changes the sentence. Not one. 
  • Options
    "Let that sink in"

Or even worse is "Let. That. Sink. In." as it takes me almost double the time to read.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Has anyone ever boiled their piss? Is it the basis of a culinary sauce? 
    No, but I’ve pissed on a fire a few times and the smell is atrocious.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Has anyone ever boiled their piss? Is it the basis of a culinary sauce? 

Its the sauce for the third course of Heston Blumental's twelve course tasting menu at The Fat Duck. I expect.
  • Options
    Reach out
  • Options
    Anytime soon.
  • Options
    "Spitballing"

Not a revolting form of paintballing and it didn't originate at punk concerts.
  • Options
    "going the extra mile" 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When you see a really bad photo and someone quips, "Was that taken on a potato?"

Very dull.
  • Options
    "This government will have integrity, professionalism and accountability at every level".  
  • Options
    Blue sky thinking
    There's no 'i' in team
  • Options
    The misuse of literally. I heard someone on the radio today talking about the underfunding of schools. That was fine, but to say that half of them are literally falling down is pushing it a bit.
  • Options
    You got this
  • Options
    The misuse of literally. I heard someone on the radio today talking about the underfunding of schools. That was fine, but to say that half of them are literally falling down is pushing it a bit.
    Not just the misuse of the word but also the way it’s pronounced

I litrachralee just said that  
  • Options
    Had a new manager years ago, out for a beer to introduce himself and he comes out with 'I'm a work hard play hard type of guy'.
  • Options
    “You’ve smashed it”. Surely smashing something is bad?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be fair, with all the crumbling concrete, it's probably not far from the truth.
  • Options
    You got this
    I’m veeeing into Americanisms but I hate it when you order food at a restaurant in America and the server says “You’ve got it”. I always want to reply, “No, I haven’t”.
  • Options
    hmmoore said:
    “You’ve smashed it”. Surely smashing something is bad?
    It means smashing your target or goal though. As in, it isn’t there any more because you’ve achieved it.
  • Options
    …Charlton 0
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    "Spitballing"

Not a revolting form of paintballing and it didn't originate at punk concerts.
    Snowballing, when it doesn’t involve actual snowballs
  • Options
    Period of time. 

As against a period of what, exactly?
  • Options
    'Recycle your electricals' and the cat, bit creepy if you ask me.
  • Options
    People who answer every question thus “yeah, no…………”. Michael Hector, take a bow son. 
  • Options
    Don’t know if we have had these yet. 
    On Charlton tv why do players ‘Header it’?

And (not Charlton tv )‘even more perfect’. Perfect is pretty absolute. 
  • Options
    Any quantification of unique