Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2023/24

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2023
    MrOneLung said:
    How did the refs get who reported in as eligible receiver wrong ? 

MCDC should have taken the PAT after already having two goes at the 2 pointer 

Lions had been sending in 70 multiple times as eligible throughout the game - I suppose to set up the potential game ending misdirection where 70 comes in but isn’t the one that becomes eligible.

The refs had seen it so many times that they incorrectly assumed that that’s what was happening again. He then reported to the Cowboys defense that 70 was the eligible lineman and so they leave 68 unguarded who’s wide open for a catch.

Refs gave themselves no choice but to call it back.

Agreed that the Lions should’ve kicked the PAT and regrouped for a likely OT period.
  • Options
    Lamar. MVP. Thank you and goodnight. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Lions had been sending in 70 multiple times as eligible throughout the game - I suppose to set up the potential game ending misdirection where 70 comes in but isn’t the one that becomes eligible.

The refs had seen it so many times that they incorrectly assumed that that’s what was happening again. He then reported to the Cowboys defense that 70 was the eligible lineman and so they leave 68 unguarded who’s wide open for a catch.

Agreed that the Lions should’ve kicked the PAT and regrouped for a likely OT period.
    Re the pat. Very weird situation, I think once it got called back for ineligible player the smart thing would be pat but then the offside it was probably the right decision to go for the win. Hard not to cheer for the Lions given their rise over the past couple of years under Dantallica. Feels like they won't go far in the playoffs but I hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Massive Cardinals upset over the Eagles really helping out the Cowboys
  • Options
    Vikings/Packers to start shortly will be massive in the NFC wildcard race.

There is still a lot to be decided but here’s the playoffs if they were decided as of right now:

NFC: #1 SF (bye) (guaranteed)
    #7 SEA @ #2 DAL
    #6 LAR @ #3 DET
    #5 PHI @ #4 TB

- Dallas retains #2 if they win against Washington next week, otherwise Philadelphia jumps back to #2 at their expensive if they can win against New York. If both Dallas and Philadelphia lose and Detroit wins, Detroit takes #2 and Dallas will settle for #3.

- Tampa controls #4 but could yet lose it to either New Orleans or Atlanta who are both still within touching distance of the division, or a wildcard spot.

- Currently in #5 and #6, both Philadelphia and LA are confirmed playoff participants while Seattle will be looking over their shoulder trying to hold off Minnesota, Green Bay and the NFC South trio.

AFC: #1 BAL (bye) (guaranteed)
    #7 IND @ #2 MIA
    #6 BUF @ #3 KC
    #5 CLE @ #4 JAX

- Miami vs Buffalo looks to be a mouthwatering tussle next weekend. Although Miami sit in #2 now, Buffalo would take the division over Miami if they win. That would push Miami into the wildcard positions too.

- Cleveland and Kansas City have both confirmed their places in the playoffs but Kansas City will have to wait until next weekend to finalise their seeding. Cleveland are locked into #5.

- The AFC South looks to be the most eye catching division next weekend. Jacksonville control their destiny and with a win over Tennessee, would confirm #4 and hosting Cleveland. If they fail, the winner of Indianapolis and Houston would be poised to take the division title and #4 at their expense. 

- As they do every year, the Steelers continue to hang around in the picture but they’ll need a few results to go their way to make it in.
  • Options
    See you in February boys & girls (2025 edition)
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I know you're a Cowboys fan but you're allowed to say the refs massively fucked that up!
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    MrOneLung said:

I know you're a Cowboys fan but you're allowed to say the refs massively fucked that up!
    Oh they definitely did.
  • Options
    Week 18 schedule released:

Saturday:
    —9:30pm: Steelers @ Ravens
    —1:15am: Texans @ Colts

Sunday:
    — 6pm: Jets @ Patriots, Buccaneers @ Panthers, Browns @ Bengals, Falcons @ Saints, Vikings @ Lions, Jaguars @ Titans
    —9:25pm: Bears @ Packers, Seahawks @ Cardinals, Eagles @ Giants, Cowboys @ Commanders, Broncos @ Raiders, Rams @ 49ers, Chiefs @ Chargers
    —1:20am: Bills @ Dolphins
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    Green Bay at home please
    Don't want the Rams
  • Options
    Just when I thought the Panthers 2023 couldn't be more inept we save our worst for last. 2023 can get in the bin.
  • Options
    Just when I thought the Panthers 2023 couldn't be more inept we save our worst for last. 2023 can get in the bin.
    At least you guaranteed the first pick in, oh hold on ….
  • Options
    and your owner in trouble for throwing a drink over fans at the game 
  • Options
    Guy is a clown. One horrible decision after another since he bought us. Some of the appointments and things he's done at Carolina make some of the Charlton owners of the last 15 years look like geniuses.
  • Options
    of the 16 AFC quarterback's who started week 1, only 5 of them started this weekend.

Been a mad season for injuries/benchings
  • Options
    Trying to find a venue that will show the Falcons first and then the Packers game. The Packers are on Sky so that's fine, the Falcons, don't know. West London. 
  • Options
    American Dive Bars & Restaurants | Passyunk Avenue London

Could try these - they have got one in Battersea or waterloo or one bit more central london
  • Options
    Thanks, the trouble there is they close at midnight, I popped in to talk to them. Seems like a good place, the one in Nine Elms. We have a couple of people over from the US, they got married at Lambeau so they are taking it seriously!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 7
    Big win for the Texans who confirm their place in the playoffs with a win over the Colts.

Now they wait to see if it’ll be as 4th, 6th or 7th seed. Mostly hinging on the result of the Jags game tomorrow.

- Jags lose, Texans take 4th seed (Browns @ Texans)
    - Jags win & Dolphins beat Bills, Texans take 6th seed. (Texans @ Chiefs)
    - Jags win & Bills beat Dolphins, Texans take 7th seed. (Texans @ Bills)
  • Options
    Similarly, Steelers have given themselves a good chance of appearing in the playoffs next week with their earlier win over the Ravens. They will be 6th or 7th seed unless both Jaguars and Bills win tomorrow.

- Jags win & Dolphins beat Bills, 7th seed (Steelers @ Dolphins)
    - Jags lose & Dolphins beat Bills, 6th seed (Steelers @ Chiefs)
    - Jags lose & Bills beat Dolphins, 7th seed (Steelers @ Bills)
    - Jags win & Bills beat Dolphins, Steelers are eliminated
  • Options
    I half want Cowboys to win division to keep up the no repeat winner streak, but then I think , it’s the fucking Cowboys so I hope they do something to get a five year ban 
  • Options
    The Raiders are going 8-9 baby!
  • Options
    Also, I can't wait for the Jags to mess this up tonight, which is really, REALLY likely to happen, let's face it. Classic Jacksonville awaits.