Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Oxford Utd : Monday 1st January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    TC always seems to think he’s got more time on the ball than he actually has.
  • Options
    annoying we couldn’t keep the lead but a good performance so far on the whole. cbt has his fullback on toast and chem campbell has looked good
  • Options
    Still looks like men against boys, Kanu, Tyreece and Anderson nowhere near ready for this league and Edun is a very poor left back. 
  • Options
    Would have taken that prior to KO... Not least because of our excellent record against Oxford - Its nice to see them not time wasting endlessly like they would under Robinson
  • Options
    Never hand ball Curbs from Chem for our goal...behave man...
  • Options
    Be interesting to see the makeup.of this team at the end of January.
  • Options
    Mills skived off early again?!
  • Options
    Good first half performance, on reflection better than expected. Good response to last few games. Hopefully get another early on
  • Options
    edited January 1
    Last six at home only lost once: W2 D3 L1 (Bolton)

Last six away only won once: W1 D2 L3 (Lincoln, Orient, Bristol Rovers)

We are better at home than we are away. That’s the big difference between the last two games and the first half of today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curbs: I think Hector will be really disappointed that he's allowed Harris get in behind him. I think Hector can't allow him to get behind him. He's gotta work harder to get in front of him and cut it out. 

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Curbs: I think Hector will be really disappointed that he's allowed Harris get in behind him. I think Hector can't allow him to get behind him. He's gotta work harder to get in front of him and cut it out. 

Yeah but what does he know?
  • Options
    Well first half is a lot better than I expected. We are at least completing. They are a lot better than us all over the pitch but the early goal gave us a big boost. Quietest crowd we've had all season which is significant.

Not sure what we can hope for second half... Casey to come on when the game is lost for experience and probably Fraser and Louis Watson at some point when Anderson's frustration reaches a peak.

If only we had some belief... both on the pitch and in the stands.... COYA!
  • Options
    Tc, Karoy Anderson and Kanu are nowhere near ready to be starters in league 1
  • Options
    Hector's house always has the door open and a nice welcome mat. 
  • Options
    It definitely clipped his hand. Let's be greatfull we've had a decision go our way. 

• Options
    Not great, but better. I think Edun is the problem , he’s definitely got the makings of a great footballer but it’s not at left back, more so when we have CBT down that side as well. 
  • Options
    Poor watch this but much better than I thought we'd be doing
  • Options
    It definitely clipped his hand. Let's be greatfull we've had a decision go our way. 

It was quite telling on the slowmo replay from down low how many away fans behind the goal were up in arms about it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed. Sorry but Anderson, in particular, is a complete passenger. I really do wonder about Appleton if he sends him out for the second half.
  • Options
    whats happened to Scott Minto?
  • Options
    Agreed. Sorry but Anderson, in particular, is a complete passenger. I really do wonder about Appleton if he sends him out for the second half.
    Was no different last game and he ended up playing the full match.
  • Options
    edited January 1
    If you thought we were bad conceding goals in extra time 
    Wrexham scores three goals, 45+9, 45+11 and 45+13. Now winning 3-1 after being 0-1
  • Options
    That’s hit the bar all day long! Fix… :D
  • Options
    Off_it said:

It was quite telling on the slowmo replay from down low how many away fans behind the goal were up in arms about it.
    I don't remember seeing any replay of the goal on the big screen?
  • Options
    edited January 1
    That’s hit the bar all day long! Fix… :D
    £2500 will pay for our new emergency striker, its all a question of priorities. ;)
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    If you thought we were bad conceding goals in extra time 
    Wrexham scores three goals, 90+9, 90+11 and 90+13. Now winning 3-1 after being 0-1
    90? It’s half time.
  • Options

Would never had given a pen for that sort on touch, so not a foul, so nothing to do with luck...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!