Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Methven: Global Football Partners have no plans to ‘flip’ Charlton Athletic

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    supaclive said:
    Chunes said:
    How is there any room in the budget for a wage increase for these two? Charlie Methven has just said the club has had to write an apology letter to the EFL for going over the limit already 
    sell youth
    SELLING YOUTH DOESN'T COUNT TOWARDS FFP - IT'S WAGES OF OVER 21 YEAR OLD PLAYERS VERSUS TURNOVER- THAT'S THE ISSUE CM SAYS WE HAVE!
    SELLING YOUTH DOES COUNT TOWARDS TURNOVER!!!!
    It doesn’t in the accounts, which is presumably the cause of any confusion. The EFL calculations have a different basis. 

@Airman Brown interested to know (sorry if you have been asked before) whether you have any inside info on the purchase price paid and if the £12M figure bandied about has any sense of reality...  thanks 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    supaclive said:
    Chunes said:
    How is there any room in the budget for a wage increase for these two? Charlie Methven has just said the club has had to write an apology letter to the EFL for going over the limit already 
    sell youth
    SELLING YOUTH DOESN'T COUNT TOWARDS FFP - IT'S WAGES OF OVER 21 YEAR OLD PLAYERS VERSUS TURNOVER- THAT'S THE ISSUE CM SAYS WE HAVE!
    It doesn’t in the accounts, which is presumably the cause of any confusion. The EFL calculations have a different basis. 
    Yes but that's irrelevant to the point I was responding to.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    supaclive said:
    Chunes said:
    sell youth

@Airman Brown interested to know (sorry if you have been asked before) whether you have any inside info on the purchase price paid and if the £12M figure bandied about has any sense of reality...  thanks 
    Not definitive but we’re likely to get that from the accounts in April. The debt to Sandgaard will have been written off by him, paid down (by SE7) or transferred (to SE7). That should tell us. 
  • Options
    Well, it's all going swimmingly so far!

• Options
    Didn't any ownership again and said 'one of the other owners'

So is he an owner?
  • Options
    I am waiting for the answer from anybody in this regime to give a clear answer as to ‘why Charlton?’
  • Options
    The non owner is suddenly being referred to as an owner of many things.
  • Options

So is he an owner?
    I think he was talking about the horse....ie, the colours of the horse was chosen by "one of the other owners" of the horse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does this strata of people ever do an actual honest day’s work?

• Options
    cafcfan said:
    seth plum said:
    Does this strata of people ever do an actual honest day’s work?

No.  But then doing an honest day's work is hugely over-rated imo.
    Yeah you’re right. 
    Nobody on their deathbed is reported as saying they wished they had spent more time at work.
    I imagine the Methven strata would criticise striking rail staff for not working to take them to Fontwell Park or wherever.

• Options

So is he an owner?
    I think he was talking about the horse....ie, the colours of the horse was chosen by "one of the other owners" of the horse.
    Ah OK that makes a lot more sense, blimey that's a dense moment by me, cheers Golfie 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I am waiting for the answer from anybody in this regime to give a clear answer as to ‘why Charlton?’
    I think you may get bored of that wait.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Because we were available, no great secret or fairytale.

It's probably easier to sell a club that have been in the Premier League to the investors you want to rope in too, and maybe a London club even, but basically chance.

Same as half of the people sniffing round football for one reason or another, they've got no affinity with any particular club, but the one they buy is the one for sale.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    If you're struggling with that then I wouldn't go down the rabbit hole that is "why Carlisle" ?
  • Options
    clive said:
    https://www.charltonafc.com/video/player/0_8fmdpwo1

In-depth Charlie Methven interview (April 2024)

He certainly talks a good game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He was on Talk sport this morning apparently 
  • Options
    edited April 23
  • Options
    He was on Talk sport this morning apparently 
    He was, the previous ownership came up. My mate messaged me saying Sandgaard sounded mental.
  • Options
    Fairplay can only take him at face value and seems genuine and wants the best for us

Bring on next season !!!!
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    clive said:

Talked a good game all season leading us to our worst position in a century. But talks a lot. 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    clive said:

Talked a good game all season leading us to our worst position in a century. But talks a lot. 
    5% Ownership 95% Oxygen comes back into mind.