Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Options
    Had a look at the pitch at Lunchtime 
    Hopefully will quickly deteriorate and take spin. I hope you tried to rough it up a bit! Our best approach is to push for a win so that we are not worrying about what Middlesex do, so hoping for a couple of early wickets.
  • Options
    Notts 240 for 5…..

And a second new ball due in 9 overs. Slater still there on 87 off 198 balls
  • Options
    Slater reaches his ton for Notts

258-5 and now 108 behind
  • Options
    Notts 274-6 and 92 behind now
  • Options
    Feels like the calm before the storm, when the spinners come on
  • Options
    Middx take new ball
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    am wary of the Middx game having an engineered finish though 
    Is that possible and how might that play out?
    I'm not so much concerned about an engineered result as I might be that the Notts players end up being "demob happy" with so little to play for and the end of a long season within touching distance. Lancashire might be in the same frame of mind but for the fact that they just don't lose games - one all season - and drawing matches is very much a way of life for them. 
    Essex are already on holiday!
  • Options
    I don't see why Notts would agree to an artificial run chase situation. I'm sure their players would be happy to plod along for a non event draw.
  • Options
    /killerandflash said:
    I don't see why Notts would agree to an artificial run chase situation. I'm sure their players would be happy to plod along for a non event draw.
    The only incentive might be if Notts feel that they want to give themselves a chance of finishing above Somerset as they can't finish any lower even if they lose. 
  • Options
    Rain stops play with Lancs 55-0 and still 112 behind us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Notts 309-6 from 90 overs

Slater 114 n/o
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    am wary of the Middx game having an engineered finish though 
    Is that possible and how might that play out?
    I'm not so much concerned about an engineered result as I might be that the Notts players end up being "demob happy" with so little to play for and the end of a long season within touching distance. Lancashire might be in the same frame of mind but for the fact that they just don't lose games - one all season - and drawing matches is very much a way of life for them. 
    Essex are already on holiday!
    think they are going Puerto Banus in a couple of days
  • Options
    Notts 319-7 and 47 behind. There are approximately 134 overs left in the match. 
  • Options
    Notts 319 for 7 - Middx really need to finish off Notts first innings quick now
  • Options
    We don't want them to! Notts need to scratch their way past Middlesex's total of 366 and waste more time in the match.
  • Options
    Is it compulsory for Chahal to come into the attack later than all the spectators want?
  • Options
    Is it compulsory for Chahal to come into the attack later than all the spectators want?
    Seems to be!
  • Options
    Evison bowling the least threatening spell I've possibly ever seen. Still on for some reason. Even Leaning would be a better bet
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    LenGlover said:
    We don't want them to! Notts need to scratch their way past Middlesex's total of 366 and waste more time in the match.
    Oh I agree !!!

I was coming from the angle that Notts vs Middx is now creeping into draw territory 

@FannyFanackapan can you jump on train with your dancing shoes and do a bit of a rain dance in Nottingham tmrw please 
  • Options
    This is declaration bowling from Evison
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Evison has had a good season with us but more so with that bat. He really is, at the moment, a fourth seamer and hopefully that will be the case next season if we can get Agar, another overseas quick plus one more seamer with Parkinson the spinning fixture in the side.
  • Options
    Leaning's second drop of the match
  • Options
    Made it down for the final session and the final one of the season for me. Come on Kent, let's get some wickets!
  • Options
    We need wickets. But also importantly Notts are still batting against Middx and only trail by 10 runs with 3 wickets in hand
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Scores level with Notts 366-7. There is more potential of a win in that game than ours. 

• Options
    Matt Quinn bowling well. If you can't take wickets, keep it tight
  • Options
    they are gonna get 200 ahead and roll us over aint they?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    they are gonna get 200 ahead and roll us over aint they?
    That's my only concern. They declare tomorrow afternoon and we crumple to 34-4
  • Options
    369-8 (3 ahead) and Slater out for 140
  • Options
    Given that our game is looking like a draw (I hope) it will be interesting to see what Middlesex do in their second innings. They surely have to risk all and go for the win? Or do they sit tight and hope we capitulate (as we have done many times before). Are Lancashire likely to declare and go for the win? It's going to be a nervous day tomorrow.