Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jason Pearce promoted to Senior PDP Lead Coach

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/pearce-promoted-senior-pdp-lead-coach

Charlton Athletic are delighted to announce that Jason Pearce has been promoted to Senior Professional Development Phase Lead Coach.

In his new role, Pearce will oversee the technical and tactical development of PDP players between the ages of 17 and 21.

The 35-year-old will continue to be Lead Coach for the club’s U18s team, with a new Lead Coach for the U21s to be announced in due course.

Commenting on his promotion, Pearce said: “I’m excited. I’m really looking forward to it and I feel very privileged to be given the opportunity, especially so early on in my coaching career.

"I feel like I can bring another dimension with my experience as a player, in terms of the culture that we want to create by adding little bits to help evolve the environment and keep it moving forward."

Academy Director Steve Avory added: “I’ve been delighted with what Jason’s done this season, first of all in an assistant role with the U18s and then taking that leadership role in the second half of the season.

“It’s very rewarding to see that there’s a pathway for coaches to get through at this football club, as well as players.”

Comments

• Well done Jason. Good promotion for me, has done really well in his role this season.
  • That's a positive as Jason is the new conduit with the younger players and some older ones as well. Much needed since both Jason Euell and JJ have moved on. 
    Good start to his coaching career after calling it a day with his playing career.
    It's been seamless so far which is unusual at Cafc at times.
    Steve Avory is very much senior man with Steve Gallen behind him. 
  • I hope it isn't a "promotion" too soon, but as a former pro he's probably best suited to the older age group anyway, as at that stage they need to start getting "battle hardened" as opposed to the purer football you can play at lower age levels
  • Popular fella is Jason……onwards and upwards Jason…..onwards and upwards.👍
  • That's a positive as Jason is the new conduit with the younger players and some older ones as well. Much needed since both Jason Euell and JJ have moved on. 
    Good start to his coaching career after calling it a day with his playing career.
    It's been seamless so far which is unusual at Cafc at times.
    Steve Avory is very much senior man with Steve Gallen behind him. 
    The academy progression has always seemed pretty seamless to me, with coaches stepping up age levels, and to the first team. We just need to make sure we keep bringing in talent at the lower age groups
  • Our Academy.

The brightest jewel in our somewhat tarnished crown .
  • How long before he is first team manager?

• It's part of an inevitable rise into management for me, he had the right stuff as a player and now as a coach it would seem, good luck JP and hopefully many years to come with Charlton.
  • Red_Raver said:
    How long before he is first team manager?

September if we don't get some decent new players in
  • Sponsored links:

• He'll need a big name badge to fit all of that job title 
  • Chris Lock is the latest to step up, he's now the Lead U21 coach

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/chris-lock-appointed-lead-u21s-coach
  • Does sound like someone is at last making footballing decisions and things being put in place. Long may it continue.
  • Very good. Well done Jason. 
  • Seems like a top bloke, well done Jason. 
  • Happy for him -  top bloke to have around the club. Reading between the lines of that article I do wonder if some of the things he's referring to are reflecting from when JJ was manager - being too close to players, it being difficult to learn from mistakes as you get punished so quickly when you are the manager of a First Team.

Not trying to put words in his mouth but just seems like very similar scenarios
  • I woulld imagine the initial transition from player to manager is the hardest. Especially when you are managing team mates. Pearce is doing it a good way I think, managing youngsters and I hope there is a pathway for him at the club. We are never going to be able to find an established managerial talent, just potential. Even with Holden, he either fails, and there is a vacancy or he succeeds and other clubs will want him and there could be a vacancy.