Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CHARLTON V POMPEY LEGENDS TICKETS ON SALE NOW

Comments

• Options
    Pleased to confirm Dean Holden as one of our players for next Saturday's match against Portsmouth >> https://www.charltonafc.com/news/dean-holden-make-valley-debut-legends-clash. A reminder that 25% of proceeds will be donated to support CACT's work in the community, would be great to see lots of you there!
  • Options
    Playing loose and fast with the term 'legend'
  • Options
    Anyone going to this is completely bonkers
  • Options
    Anyone who wants to get a football fix, see some old players they watched play and donate at the same time are bonkers

Weird take but ok each to their own 

If its not your cup of tea fair enough but seems a weird comment to call people going bonkers for wanting to enjoy themselves

I am looking forward to it personally 
    Agreed. I haven't decided whether I'll go or not, but remember watching a very enjoyable vets games years ago at The Valley
  • Options
    Anyone who wants to get a football fix, see some old players they watched play and donate at the same time are bonkers

Weird take but ok each to their own 

If its not your cup of tea fair enough but seems a weird comment to call people going bonkers for wanting to enjoy themselves

I am looking forward to it personally 
    Agreed. I haven't decided whether I'll go or not, but remember watching a very enjoyable vets games years ago at The Valley
    Stan Boardman - Man of the Match 
  • Options
    Surprised that given his current family ties with the club that they couldn't get Leaburn.

I could probably name 30 players who'd be considered more of a legend than some of those appearing.
  • Options
    Guess Solly is either injured on changed his mind, hoping its the former as saw a few horrible comments on twitter and FB groups when Solly was announced and TBH it's gutting that a legend like Solly wouldn't be welcomed back but the person responsible for making him an outcast would be still
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Being valley gold & sat holder it cost me next to nothing for a ticket.

Later found our u18’s final up at Oakwell is on cafc tv k.o midday I believe.
    Crap organising Charlton! 
    Shall prioritise the u18’s.
    wonder if the game is shown in the fans bar?
  • Options

The game kicks-off at 1pm with all hospitality lounges opening at 11am. We are also pleased to confirm that the Charlton U18s Professional Development League 2 national play-off final against Barnsley will also be available to watch on the concourse TVs at the ground on Saturday.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/charlton-legends-squad-confirmed-pompey-clash
  • Options

Don't think you can really moan at clubs organising here, this game has been scheduled for over a month and I doubt they choose when to play the under 18 final
  • Options
    Surprised that given his current family ties with the club that they couldn't get Leaburn.

I could probably name 30 players who'd be considered more of a legend than some of those appearing.

I don't think he would be able to nowadays, sure I read somewhere his back is stuffed so running days are way behind him
  • Options

I don't think he would be able to nowadays, sure I read somewhere his back is stuffed so running days are way behind him
    The Leaburns are on holiday.
  • Options
    Assume tickets can be purchased at the ground (and VG discount can still be applied)?
  • Options
    Assume tickets can be purchased at the ground (and VG discount can still be applied)?

Supporters are encouraged, where possible, to purchase tickets in advance - with tickets subject to a £5 increase on matchday.

Please note there is no discount for Valley Gold members on the day of the game.

• Options
    Great!
  • Options
    And thanks
  • Options
    And thanks
    Your welcome. Need to pay the staff to work today hence the reason for the 5 pound extra on the day 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All round Danny Greens house after the game?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    And thanks
    Your welcome. Need to pay the staff to work today hence the reason for the 5 pound extra on the day 
    That would mean that if everybody bought tickets in advance then there wouldn’t be any staff required on the day 🤓
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    shirty5 said:
    And thanks
    That would mean that if everybody bought tickets in advance then there wouldn’t be any staff required on the day 🤓
    Nice one Poirot
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    And thanks
    You what? Have i been whooshed there?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    shirty5 said:
    And thanks
    I doubt they work for free. Concourse staff, Stewards etc
  • Options
    Yeah, it’s only a celebration of going back to our home stadium that the fans battled tooth and nail for. Madness to even think about acknowledging it 👍
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    shirty5 said:
    Off_it said:
    shirty5 said:
    And thanks
    I doubt they work for free. Concourse staff, Stewards etc
    You're being serious? Wow.

Those people will be working on the concourses, etc regardless and so will need paying. Don't see what that's really got to do with charging people an extra fiver on the door.
  • Options
    What’s the turnout like?
  • Options
    What’s the turnout like?
    Just over 1,000 here
  • Options
    Great game of football in the sunshine, what’s not to like. Better than a lot of the games here this season.
    6-5 currently to Charlton, great games by Lisbie and Ricky Holmes. Shout out to the boss Deano for his goal and for the passing ability of big fat Pete