Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CHARLTON V POMPEY LEGENDS TICKETS ON SALE NOW

Tickets are now on sale for next month's clash between Charlton legends and Portsmouth legends at The Valley.

The fixture, on Saturday, May 20th (1pm KO BST), is the final event in a season of celebrations arranged by the 30 Years Back at The Valley Anniversary Committee commemorating the 30th anniversary of the Addicks' historic return to The Valley and the foundation of the club’s award-winning Community Trust.

In fitting fashion, the game harks back to the historic meeting between the two teams on December 5th, 1992 - Charlton’s first game back at The Valley following a seven-year exile.

All available tickets are situated in the West Lower, with 25% of proceeds from the game donated to Charlton Athletic Community Trust. Click here to purchase your tickets.

TICKET PRICES

Standard

Adults: £10

Concessions: £5

Valley Gold Members

Adults: £8

Concessions: £3

Supporters are encouraged, where possible, to purchase tickets in advance - with tickets subject to a £5 increase on matchday.

Please note there is no discount for Valley Gold members on the day of the game.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/charlton-v-pompey-legends-tickets-sale-now

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2023
    How about telling us what players are playing in the match . Or at least give us an idea.

Think the 5 pound surcharge is out of order for ticket brought on the day.
    I wouldn't expect any "normal" fan to buy a ticket for a game where no players are announced.
    Corporate types well yes, because they are attending for different reasons. Bizarre.
  • Options
    Absolutely no interest in this 
  • Options
    Beat me to it, AFKA.
  • Options
    Yep. Wouldn't put it past Steve Sunderland having a run out. 
  • Options
    Yep. Wouldn't put it past Steve Sunderland having a run out. 
    Let’s hope not ffs 
  • Options
    Lol, 15 sheets?
  • Options
    Hardly anyone will go to this anyway but the ones that spontaneously decide to on the day get charged £5 extra for the privilege!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm seeing Paul Walsh next Wednesday.  I'll ask him if he knows who is playing.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Martin will be there with his little black box,ruling over some potential experienced signings,for next season’s promotion push…👍
  • Options
    Enjoyed the legends game at The Valley a few years ago and hoping this is similar. Although many of the 1992 players probably not in a fit state to play in this one.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    "We are excited to announce George Tucadean and Christophe Lepoint will be part of the Charlton Legends team, with Karel Fraeye as the Charlton legends coach!"
    Heard Cory Gibbs has finally finished his rehab for this one.
  • Options
    I'll take 20 please.  They'll all be coming out of the woodwork for this one.
  • Options
    Will probably go to this with the kids.  They are too young to have been there but have watched so many Charlton highlights on YouTube will still know some of the players whoever turns up.
  • Options
    Former Addicks stars Kevin Lisbie, John Humphrey, Jon Fortune, Bob Bolder, Peter Garland and Garry Nelson have all confirmed that they’ll be dusting off their boots for the upcoming Charlton v Portsmouth legends match at The Valley on Saturday, May 20th.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/first-six-addicks-confirmed-legends-game
  • Options
    clive said:
    Former Addicks stars Kevin Lisbie, John Humphrey, Jon Fortune, Bob Bolder, Peter Garland and Garry Nelson have all confirmed that they’ll be dusting off their boots for the upcoming Charlton v Portsmouth legends match at The Valley on Saturday, May 20th.
    Big fat Pete, I’m not going, but will be interested to hear from anyone that does go how mobile he is these days 😃
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    clive said:
    Big fat Pete, I’m not going, but will be interested to hear from anyone that does go how mobile he is these days 😃
    he was good a few years back (a legends match like this). no pace but knew how to pass the ball and had a few tricks. reminded me of Morgan actually. 
  • Options
    Has the whiff of some of those Testimonial games in the 70s and 80s where barely 2k bothered to turn up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    It’s the last even in the 30 year celebrations of our return to the valley and some of the proceeds go to the CACT.  Not sure why all the negativity - hopefully be a nice sunny day and a bit of nostalgia.  I’m sure there will be a few more players coming out of the woodwork and I believe Dean Holden will also be there. 

I’m looking forward to it - and it’s on my wife’s birthday so she’ll be getting a treat that day too
    So you're not getting her a ticket then?
  • Options
    Could be tempted depending on what players are turning up. Hopefully they start announcing them soon and get as many as possible announced well in advance.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Some of the Pompey players just announced on CharltonTV: Yakubu, Matt Taylor, Danny Hollands and Svetoslav Todorov.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    It’s the last even in the 30 year celebrations of our return to the valley and some of the proceeds go to the CACT.  Not sure why all the negativity - hopefully be a nice sunny day and a bit of nostalgia.  I’m sure there will be a few more players coming out of the woodwork and I believe Dean Holden will also be there. 

I’m looking forward to it - and it’s on my wife’s birthday so she’ll be getting a treat that day too
    Really?
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Swisdom said:

For me it just seems like an unnecessary match at the end of a long dull season. I know the organisers wouldn't have known how bad the season would be when they first put the date in their diaries, but that doesn't make it any more interesting. I've barely got the enthusiasm to go to the remaining matches on my season ticket, let alone go to extra games with nothing to play for. Anyway, I really hope that you, your wife and everyone else that attends has a great day and sees a Charlton win. It's not for me though. I'm really looking forward to a few months without football.
  • Options
    Danny Green
    Danny "Hamstring" Haynes
    Dale Stephens
    Scott Wagstaff
    Paul Hayes

The latest 5 to be confirmed 
  • Options
    Danny Green
    Danny "Hamstring" Haynes
    Dale Stephens
    Scott Wagstaff